General Yuzuru Chat

Does anyone have a downloaded copy of the video “[ENG SUB] 191222 Hanyu Yuzuru Japanese Nationals S-Park Segment“ with the English subtitles downloaded that would be willing to share it with me? It was on YouTube but was pulled before I could download it.

1 час назад, monchan сказал:

ORANGE???? WHY LOTTE???? This series will never end, Lotte is SO obsessed with it. 

Pls Lotte I have a trauma :dontdothistome:

Real pity cuz poses are good, but apart of a "costume" WHY so MUCH photoshop on the face?!!

1 hour ago, monchan said:

ORANGE???? WHY LOTTE???? This series will never end, Lotte is SO obsessed with it. 

8 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Sacrilege!!!

It’s like taking Michelangelo’s David and dressing it up with Miss Havisham’s tangerine loungewear.

I was feeling sooooo blue today, but Lotte and the satellites have fixed that! :LOL:

There's a perfectly logical reason to use orange. They're clearly trying to appeal to the Dutch market and seduce those Nederlanders away from speed skating. :happy0007:

Now I'm wondering what colour the costume originally was IRL. They couldn't possibly have had all these different colours lined up for him to wear at the photoshoot, could they? It would be $$$. 

Are there that many people in Japan who genuinely love Yuzu in that costume???

:eeking::disappointed:

....or is this just a case of any kind of publicity=good publicity??? (...so that even when most Yuzu fans in Japan don't like it Lotte keeps releasing this clear file with that photo because it would rake in a nice rate of engagement??)

18 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

There's a perfectly logical reason to use orange. They're clearly trying to appeal to the Dutch market and seduce those Nederlanders away from speed skating. :happy0007:

:xD:

18 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Now I'm wondering what colour the costume originally was IRL. They couldn't possibly have had all these different colours lined up for him to wear at the photoshoot, could they? It would be $$$. 

Seems to be actually the case 😂😂— maybe it's the green shade of the green screen that's usually used in movie industry :LOL:

Pretty handy if I must say so myself! (...and you just have to give credit to this particular team of Lotte Ad this once!)

15 hours ago, monchan said:

The tweet says "Looks like I've found a baby in pink" so it is probably pink, not orange. I guess it is because of the lighting, like the photo of the clear files was taken under incandescent light or something.

By the way, it is already the mid-January but happy new year, everyone. Hope everyone's having a good beginning of a year and have a healthy, safe and peaceful, exciting, fruitful year ahead. May Yuzu stay healthy and have a great year that is much much happier than 2019.

By the way no.2, for those who want to take a look back at GPF2019 without commentary, TV Asahi channel 2 will air it tomorrow (JST)

Broadcasting Schedule (JST):
Men's and Ladies' singles: Sunday, Jan. 19, 10:00-14:05
Ice Dance and Pairs: Sunday, Jan. 19, 14:05-18:05
Exhibition: Sunday, Jan. 19, 18:05-20:25

Source 1: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ch/contents/sports/0409/
Source 2 confirms that it will be without commentary (会場音 means in-venue sound):

34 minutes ago, Fay said:

That sounds like an interesting programme, though perhaps could be not all complimentary towards Fanyus. 

I doubt it would be hyper critical either - seeing that the starting point seems to be introducing something that is not well known in Australia, it would be weird if they portrayed Hanyu and/or his fans in a bad light. If the target audience is people who don't know anything about FS or Hanyu, what's the point of saying 'actually these people are all insane'? It would just give the impression that this isn't really worth knowing anything about lmao. I think it's more likely that they'll kind of exoticise it in a 'look at this amusingly/endearingly weird phenomenon' kind of way, which would not be ideal but not necessarily negative either.

In any case, I think the reason why they are choosing to cover Hanyu in an Australian radio show at all is that the creators genuinely want people to hear about him. I doubt they would be very harsh, especially if they're actually getting Tracy and Yuzu on the show.

5 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

At first, I thought it might be something to promote 4CC2021 since it will be held in Sydney, but reading the description, it sounds more about Yuzu himself. Seems like the audio will be available on the website as well. Looking forward to listening to it!

I don't expect to hear Yuzu a great deal on this Australian show especially seeing as he's listed last. I think they'll interview Brendan and Jackie for the bulk of it, maybe interviewed Tracy at a competition and got Yuzu for a couple of questions at the same competition. Probably none of it will be live and some of it will involve 1) 10 min of discussion of Poohs, 2) Jackie being very complimentary and nice toward Yuzu himself but throwing his whole fandom under the bus as internet bullies, 3) selective editing of fan interviews to make them look shallow and obsessive.

(I have so much faith in English speaking media re: Yuzuru, as you can see. 😆)