General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

He's really selling it! Makes me think he'd be an amazing coach some day. Imagine the pep talks! Sounds like he said something along the lines of  "Strongest Japan, each and everyone one of you turn the pressure into strength, everybody as one, do your best, Japan."

This makes me quite certain that the Tokyo Olympics will use Yuzu to the max in promoting not only the Olympics in general but particularly Japan's athletes.  Expect not only more shorts like this but also extended documentaries.  Getting Yuzu and Kohei together for a joint interview on the Olympic experience is almost a certainty since it's so logical that the two highest profile Olympic athletes, one from the Winter games and one from the Summer games should be seen together.  This short pep talk makes me fairly certain that Yuzu might be used on every appropriate occasion in the torch relay and opening ceremony.  Unlike the JSF the Japan Olympic committee knows Yuzu is the most clickable athlete in Japan.  They'll use him whenever and wherever they can.

16 hours ago, Danibellerika said:

He's really selling it! Makes me think he'd be an amazing coach some day. Imagine the pep talks! Sounds like he said something along the lines of  "Strongest Japan, each and everyone one of you turn the pressure into strength, everybody as one, do your best, Japan."

Thank you for the translation!!! I only understand ganbare(?) is that it? Sorry I don't understand Japanese

I totally empathise with this - I can only buy one kind of headphones because they are the only ones I’ve found with earbuds small enough to fit my ears, and I’m sick of spending money on stuff I end up passing to the children.  My mother had hearing aids fitted recently and there were similar problems.  And I only use mine intermittently- he’s using his a lot presumably.

2 hours ago, rubyblue said:

Babe, he not only knows your name, he probably also knows your deepest, secret fears. He's a spy.

He is not a spy. He is a researcher, already watched all of your programs since novice several times each and wrote an 50 pages analysis on both TES & PCS. :LOL:

Hate to break up the convo here, but had something I wanted to share.

We are currently playing a piece in my band that is heavily connected to the Japanese earthquake in 2011, and I can’t help but think of Zu every time we rehearse! It especially reminds me of what he said about his Notte Stellata program, where those affected stood outside and watched the stars together, and everything felt okay.

It’s called “One Thousand Cranes” by Robert Sheldon, and it’s very beautiful! I highly recommend you take a listen.