General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Well he did a 5 quads program at GPF, my first thought about the five was “ISU better give BV to quints quickly”:peek:

They should anyway. If not Yuzu, someone's going to try it. 

But until it's a scoring element, there's no point in anyone wasting a jumping pass on a quint just for bragging rights...

15 時間前, Vadrouilleさんが言いました:

What is kuyashi means? I see this word often must I am not sure I understand it.

Does it mean "regret " or "sorry" or something else?

Thank you 

There is a good thread for you :idea-007:

We once talked about and tried to define "kuyashii" correctly (I'm not sure when it was).

I myself, as a Japanese, feel it is very difficult to put it in one word like "frustrated" or "regretful".  It has much more broad meaning, like "I'm not satisfied with this performance at all as I should have done better, I will definitely do better next time, I really don't want to feel this way anymore, ......"

Of course "kuyashii" is used when you are feeling jealousy or frustrated as someone else has done better than you or succeeded, or even when richer, but I think it is more reflective, and aggressive at the same time, especially for Yuzuru  :hachimaki:

40 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

There is a good thread for you :idea-007:

We once talked about and tried to define "kuyashii" correctly (I'm not sure when it was).

I myself, as a Japanese, feel it is very difficult to put it in one word like "frustrated" or "regretful".  It has much more broad meaning, like "I'm not satisfied with this performance at all as I should have done better, I will definitely do better next time, I really don't want to feel this way anymore, ......"

Of course "kuyashii" is used when you are feeling jealousy or frustrated as someone else has done better than you or succeeded, or even when richer, but I think it is more reflective, and aggressive at the same time, especially for Yuzuru  :hachimaki:

I agree that kuyashii cannot be put in one word but we can find photos of what kuyashii looks like :D

36xhc3h.png

f38ginz.png

Hi everyone, this is random but I was just wondering if anyone knows why yuzu isn’t able to do a 4F? Since from what I know the Lutz is a more difficult jump compared to the Flip due to the counter-rotation and all...

Sorry if this is the wrong place for the question! Just kinda curious about this 

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

Is this new or did I miss it before? Zuzu is on fire. Ganbatte Nippon!! :003:

This is new one.

Nothing to do with what Yuzu's saying or doing but I just could't take my eyes off from the little holes on the end of the sleeves.

What are they for???? Anyone???

2 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

This is new one.

Nothing to do with what Yuzu's saying or doing but I just could't take my eyes off from the little holes on the end of the sleeves.

I think they're thumb holes, which according to google facilitate holding the sleeve in place while putting on another layer and/or prevent gaps of exposed skin between the sleeve and a glove.

2分鐘前, BWOZWaltz說:

This is new one.

They are for the thumbs to go through and are quite common for these jackets. I am not exactly sure why we need these. Maybe they are to prevent the sleeves from going up unintentionally? :scratch3:

10 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

They are for the thumbs to go through and are quite common for these jackets. I am not exactly sure why we need these. Maybe they are to prevent the sleeves from going up unintentionally? :scratch3:

I have those in some running jackets, I think they're also meant to warm your hands a bit - if you put your thumb through the loop the sleeve becomes like a half-glove. It's not as warm as a real glove but it's OK for milder temperatures.