General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Umebachi said:

.  The first character is used to describe a fairy or an ethereal being, and "en" is used to describe a "glow" - like the emotional glow of love.  Bewitching or perhaps "be-fairy-ing" would be closer: the term literally means "ethereal glow".

I think an English speaker might use "enchanting" or "enthralling" to convey a similar meaning. 

I noticed that about the shape of the characters echoing Yuzu's positions. One of the nice things about kanji is that they are simultaneously letters and drawings. And the modern calligraphy you're showing here definitely embraces that. 

Incidentally, I learned the most wonderful word yesterday: 木漏れ日 (komorebi) , meaning the sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees. So lovely and poetic. It has nothing to do with Yuzu though...well maybe it reminds me of Hope&Legacy a bit.

33 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think an English speaker might use "enchanting" or "enthralling" to convey a similar meaning. 

I noticed that about the shape of the characters echoing Yuzu's positions. One of the nice things about kanji is that they are simultaneously letters and drawings. And the modern calligraphy you're showing here definitely embraces that. 

Incidentally, I learned the most wonderful word yesterday: 木漏れ日 (komorebi) , meaning the sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees. So lovely and poetic. It has nothing to do with Yuzu though...well maybe it reminds me of Hope&Legacy a bit.

Yes, komorebi is one of my favorite terms.  Also  森林浴 Shinrin-Yoku - deep forest bathing - which is delving into the heart of nature.  Hope & Legacy weaves in and out like Komorebi as we lose ourselves through Shinrin-yoku.  

4小時前, rockstaryuzu說:

Link? 

I don't know how to post twitter link, but this is the hashtag you can use to find on twitter::68468287:

#羽生くんの画像をアップすると近い構図の羽生さんの画像が送られてくる

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

木洩れ日/木洩れ陽 definitely gives H&L vibe!! When I think of expressions within H&L, gentle sunlight through the leaves is there among with the other natural elements/phenomena that are reminded by Yuzu's performance. I see clear water run through creeks and well polished pebbles as well as breeze blowing through the forests appears in my head while I watch H&L WC 2017. For me, H&L contains the everything that represent kindness/gentleness/light/life/good things/richness in the universe... :animated-smileys-angels-151:

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:loveeyes:

And my first thought and most fascinating to me is the fact that this waist is all muscles!

This is a part of the wonder about Yuzuru Hanyu to me, as it is reflected in the art/kanji/movements comments: muscles yet ethereal, strong yet fragile...on so many levels, not only bodily...as so often I have no words.

4 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

I don't know how to post twitter link, but this is the hashtag you can use to find on twitter::68468287:

#羽生くんの画像をアップすると近い構図の羽生さんの画像が送られてくる

Oh, those are fantastic! I love the one with Habu-san holding all the roasted fish and put together with PW...:rofl3:

4 hours ago, Alexis219 said:

What is this tags you guys are talking about? Is it a themed thing? It sounds interesting!!! I wanna know the weird and wild yuzu!!!

I think it's an internet game on Twitter that the Japanese fans are doing...they've taken photos of Habu-san* and Yuzu in similar poses and put them together for comedic effect. 

*Habu-san is a famous Japanese shogi player/ personality whose name is spelled with the exact same kanji as Yuzu's. And he's a big Yuzu fan. His wife has said in an interview that he gets excited every time he sees the Hanyu kanji in the newspaper, but when it turns out to be a story about himself instead, his excitement turns into disappointment right away. They famously met at the Emperor's garden party after the 2018 Olympics. Habu-san has also won the People's Honor award, just like Hanyu. 

On 12/31/2019 at 3:54 PM, daisyjune said:

In Japan, 2019 will almost end and 2020 will begin.

I want to thank all of Yuzu fans here who always support and cheer for Yuzu.

This year I went to Torino to see Yuzu as my first time overseas competition.

I met many great planet Yuzu fans and enjoyed every minute although the result of the GPF was not what I hoped for.

Especially, I would like to thank @Yuzu_legend, @Yuzurella and @TeaFrida

Thank you for talking with me, sharing chocolates and making me wave your Japan's flag together, and also sorry for my poor English!

I hope I will meet you again at some competitions or ice shows!

Thank you for your kind words, @daisyjune! :10742289: I had such a great time in Poohrino and it was wonderful to be able to watch and support Yuzu together with you and all the other lovely satellites. I hope we will be able to watch another competition or ice show together. :grouphug:

Let's go for a great 2020 and give Yuzu, each other and ourselves all the love, support and positive energy we need to make this new year and new decade absolutely amazing! Pooh-power! :dancingpooh: