General Yuzuru Chat

Everyone's lost their vocabulary skills to express this Yuzuru :10742290:

眉目秀麗 びもくしゅうれい  bimoku shurei (In short, he is really handsome.)

One expression they have finally thought of. :laughing: 

鼻梁が美麗 びりょうがびれい Biryo ga birei  (His ridge of nose is beautiful)

Thanks for everyone's patience when the site was down, hopefully it won't happen often.

About Music with Wings~: it's sold online on Axelstore again :space:It's really considerate that there's a proxy option for international fans to buy the guidebook on their site which just makes things easier. The content looks really interesting with Yuzu's thoughts about the music he's skated to so far, and words from the choreographers as well...not to mention the 80 pictures. And the design is beautiful, it's like CiONTU 2.0 ;) 

It looks like the concerts were very well attended, too- I can't wait for the broadcast!

And about Sakura Pooh/yuzu Pooh/etc: as long as Yuzu doesn't see a penny from those products I don't really agree with Disney's marketing strategy tbh...

3 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thanks for everyone's patience when the site was down, hopefully it won't happen often.

About Music with Wings~: it's sold online on Axelstore again :space:It's really considerate that there's a proxy option for international fans to buy the guidebook on their site which just makes things easier. The content looks really interesting with Yuzu's thoughts about the music he's skated to so far, and words from the choreographers as well...not to mention the 80 pictures. And the design is beautiful, it's like CiONTU 2.0 ;) 

It looks like the concerts were very well attended, too- I can't wait for the broadcast!

And about Sakura Pooh/yuzu Pooh/etc: as long as Yuzu doesn't see a penny from those products I don't really agree with Disney's marketing strategy tbh...

I agree..if Disney won't sponsor Olympics so Zu could have Pooh there...they should not be profitting now 🙄

I've been working all day long and i didn't notice PH was down...but i'm glad you guys are all here :heart:

thank you Mods and Admins for your hard work:1497158260_5GOE:

Also i cannot wait for Music with Wings,I really wished I knew japanese becasu i'm sure Yuzuru's thoughts on the music must be very interesting.

6 часов назад, sallycinnamon сказал:

Sakura Pooh was there near spring last year too which can be justified by season at least, also seems like Japan Disney store has a lot of different limited pooh-editions like white pooh, honey pooh etc., but yuzu-pooh was really obvious... still couldn't resist asking a friend to buy a small one for me cuz too cute :13877886:

53 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Sakura Pooh was there near spring last year too which can be justified by season at least, also seems like Japan Disney store has a lot of different limited pooh-editions like white pooh, honey pooh etc., but yuzu-pooh was really obvious... still couldn't resist asking a friend to buy a small one for me cuz too cute :13877886:

Agree. I have seen pink Pooh at least 2 years ago so it seems to be a seasonal yearly release (tissue box is probably new this year). Yuzu-Pooh was obvious alright but well, they cover themselves well with the yuzu fruit season so can’t argue about the real motive. I got a small one too cos it is just too cute! 

20 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Everyone's lost their vocabulary skills to express this Yuzuru :10742290:

眉目秀麗 びもくしゅうれい  bimoku shurei (In short, he is really handsome.)

One expression they have finally thought of. :laughing: 

鼻梁が美麗 びりょうがびれい Biryo ga birei  (His ridge of nose is beautiful)

The photo is from JNat...

https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/IoniBFaEj?fid=1034:4458091912036403

:10742290::13877886::10636614::10742290::13877886::10636614:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ah, he is indeed bewitching... the perfect word! 'Beguiling' also works :201111231756430f6:

Yes, there is no single word to describe that term.  The first character is used to describe a fairy or an ethereal being, and "en" is used to describe a "glow" - like the emotional glow of love.  Bewitching or perhaps "be-fairy-ing" would be closer: the term literally means "ethereal glow". 

I also love the way the calligrapher carefully selected Yuzu's Origin poses that reflect the structure /form of each of the two characters.   The photo on the top has him spreading his arms like the radical on the right side of the character 妖  (天 which denotes heaven/sky).  The second photo shows his arm making the upward curve of the radical on the right side of the character 艶 (色 which denotes colour).  Hence, the characters include the radicals heavenly colours - which gives a sense of the celestial glow inferred by the term yo-en....

Modern calligraphy in Japan is evolving to new heights of artistry and multi-dimensional aesthetics.  I attach below a couple of photos I took from an exhibition at the Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum in Ueno from last year.   The first character is "light" by Suzuki Kyosen - he makes the characters dance with light; The second photo is a huge calligraphy entitled "aurora" but looked like a giant  red rose - at least 3 meters across and in height!  By Chiba Sogen.   They were spectacular and moving because they convey simultaneously the abstract meaning behind the character and the visual impact of the lines and colour. (Photos taken by me)

V73hOGk.jpg

2XxTXo2.jpg

3小時前, fyere0說:

The new Yuzu hashtag events every week are so delightful. :D I don't think anything will ever top the Badly Taken Photos Of Yuzuru Hanyu contest but Wild/Baby is certainly up there.

The hashtag that puts photos of Habu-san and Yuzu together is hilarious. You should check it out if you have not seen it.

:ohmygod: