General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Dreamer said:

@ Henni147

We are salivating with anticipation....bless your dear heart!!:1497158260_5GOE::smiley-happy105::smileys-cheerleading-867900::DancingAlien::happy0065::devilYuzu:

Thank you so much :cri:

The updated version (with a watchable Parisienne Walkways sequence) is online now! You can find it under the same link.

This video project made me really emotional. It's like travelling back in time and following Yuzu's full journey and growth as a senior skater. I got to know him in December 2016, so I missed many key events in his competitive career. This montage gave me back a little bit of what I missed in the past. That was really nice.

The truth is. It's impossible for me to pick a favorite step sequence. If I chose LGC, I would feel bad for Seimei and Otonal and Origin and PW and Ballade and H&L and... They are all so amazing in their own way. It's really hard to find two sequences that resemble each other. They are totally unique in their style, rhythm, moves, maturity and atmosphere. This video is only a 10 minutes long excerpt of Yuzu's career, but it shows his versality and incredible development as a skater. In competition you get less than five points for a step sequence, but for me it's the heart and signature of the program. You see the sequence and you know, what the story of the whole program is about (if there is any).

#Footnote: Technically they do not belong to the step sequence, but for me the 3F in H&L and the 3Lz in Origin are a part of the sequence. That's why I put them in. It felt wrong to cut them off.

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Here it is!!!

I decided to edit it immediately and upload it on my GDrive. I recorded the video in 1080p and you are free to download it, if you like. I just hope that the LGC track won't cause me any trouble :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Some annotations:

1. I overlayed all sequences with the original music track, so there are no commentary voices, screams, clapping or other distracting background sounds.

2. Programs that Yuzu used for multiple seasons are only included once, so PW, Ballade and Seimei will appear a bit later in the montage (don't worry, they are still there :68468287:).

3. I was really torn to put the R&J step sequence from Nice with the legendary fall into the clip, but at the end I picked a different version with the planned choreo. *gomen*

EDIT: I just saw that the clip of PW has weird quality, so I'm re-uploading a new version. It should be online in ca. 30 minutes.

Thank you!  You can see how much his expressive movements and extensions have improved over the years.  Not to take away from his PC Olympic performance - which was iconic on many levels - but I think his performance of Origin at SCI 2019 revealed just how much better and stronger he has become this past year.  His extension from the shoulders and arms to the tips of his fingers has become more open, and his carriage is strong and no longer noodly like in his younger days.  As I have said before, his best days as a performer/artist, as well as a competitor, is yet to come! 

PS:  And I fully appreciate your keeping the triple at the end of the step sequences for H&L and Origin.  They are an integral part of the choreography and flow naturally together.  It would be a sin to cut them off!  

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So after watching that, I'm thinking that I'd love to see him do Etude now. I think with his current maturity as an artist, he'd be able to give it so much more expression and beauty than before

Agree!  I would also like to see him perform the White Legend with the depth of artistry that he now possesses.  I love the choreography but in Sochi he was still in his noodly stage of development.  After training with NS, his swanyu energy could add so much more dynamism into this piece.  

24 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

Agree!  I would also like to see him perform the White Legend with the depth of artistry that he now possesses.  I love the choreography but in Sochi he was still in his noodly stage of development.  After training with NS, his swanyu energy could add so much more dynamism into this piece.  

I didn't realize quite how powerful the White Legend music was until this video made it obvious. I agree, Yuzu could do so much more with that program now. 

That being said, watching all these StepSeq side by side makes it really obvious how much Yuzu loves the Otonal one. He just flies through it with absolute gusto.

Quick update: Recently bought tickets for all six days and the total came to about $1871.25 (not including transportation and other expenses-whew!). Probably going to call my workplace and have them schedule me in for Friday's work though. I'm lucky enough to even be working AND have a line of credit at 7 % interest rate, so working all of it off shouldn't take more than a few months. I would have thought my father would have had a heart attack if he found out I originally planned for an airbnb in Montreal had I not asked him to begin with.

Might have been already posted or probably you have seen them somewhere else, but I love these photos of Yuzuru for about 10 years by Number Web :68556365:

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/832777

Especially this photo always makes me smile :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Japanese Junior Nationals 2009:  1st: Yuzuru Hanyu, 2nd: Kento Nakamura, and 3rd: Shoma Uno

https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/832777?pn=25

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

Might have been already posted or probably you have seen them somewhere else, but I love these photos of Yuzuru for about 10 years by Number Web :68556365:

Japanese Junior Nationals 2009:  1st: Yuzuru Hanyu, 2nd: Kento Nakamura, and 3rd: Shoma Uno

Thank you for sharing this.

This one is my favorite. Flying Yuzu.img_45152eb12ad70edaac9776df2f4304aa2307

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

My favorite is the LGC slide photo. It's his facial expression that makes it perfect - the face of a man absorbed in the ecstasy of performance...perfect!

1 hour ago, GraceAndPower said:

Is there no thread to chat about ~Music with Wings~ yet? The first concert was a few hours ago.

Three hours of Yuzu music and lots of new content... Seems amazing!

Apparently they'll show some of it on TV on the 15th. I hope they'll broadcast a good chunk of it, including the Yuzu videos. :clapclap4:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the TV broadcast is on the 15th of February, not January. I remember seeing that date before but can't verify now - does anyone else know for sure? 

Anyway, I'm sure it will be great! The guidebook also looks so beautiful, I would love to get my hands on one someday. 

//Found a link to the broadcast schedule here, it says 15th February. Not sure if there is another broadcast before then, but I doubt it. Too bad :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxBXC1qz4rgp:But at least we have something to look forward to after 4CC!