General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, Toni said:

Self-dental care makes you squirm? Then I highly recommend that you never watch the Tom Hanks movie: CASTAWAY. 

"seld-dental care?!" I hope you're not a dentist. 

4 minutes ago, Toni said:

WOW, is this also Yuzu - only male in a class with girls stretching to do the Bielmann spin?

He's much more flexible than that.

6 hours ago, Toni said:

WOW, is this also Yuzu - only male in a class with girls stretching to do the Bielmann spin?

Both of those pictures are from last Summer (August, I think). Though I agree Yuzu is more flexible than that... but it could be he just wasn't trying hard enough lol We know he does stretching and pilates, so it's totally plausible for that to be him.

But it does seem like Yuzu is at TCC, because that Joseph video was new and that did look like Yuzu skating by. I'm not really surprised, to be honest, but I do hope he got to rest a bit. (Or if he flew straight back to TCC, that Brian forbid him from entering the rink until he was fully rested again...) Also, it seemed Jason was there, too, and others, so I guess skaters were mostly back to work anyway.

44 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

But it does seem like Yuzu is at TCC, because that Joseph video was new and that did look like Yuzu skating by. I'm not really surprised, to be honest, but I do hope he got to rest a bit. (Or if he flew straight back to TCC, that Brian forbid him from entering the rink until he was fully rested again...) Also, it seemed Jason was there, too, and others, so I guess skaters were mostly back to work anyway.

Apparently someone on Twitter saw Yuzu grocery shopping with his mom a couple of days before New Year's in Toronto (they didn't bother him for a picture or autograph or anything like that). It seems plausible that he would have already gone back. I guess him being in Toronto doesn't mean he couldn't have spent New Year's with his family, since I'm sure they could afford to go to Canada.

And in a way, it might be easier for Yuzu to have a quiet/relaxing new year in Toronto, because there is less media attention. In Toronto too, someone might notice him in a supermarket, but people generally respect his privacy. Apparently there was 1 time somebody in Toronto posted a sneaky pic of Yuzu they'd taken in a supermarket, but a lot of people criticised them and they took the photo down quickly. This kind of incident is still rare in Toronto, thankfully, and there certainly isn't the same level of media interest as there is in Japan. Sure, he could hole up in his house for New Year's in Sendai, and I know people there make a point to respect his privacy, but I think it would still be difficult for him to even go grocery shopping with his mom in a big supermarket without extra attention. 

Anyway, I don't think him being in Toronto necessarily has anything to do with the media at all. Probably he just wants a good start on 4CC training and it's convenient enough to just spend New Year's in Toronto. TCC has been his home rink for a long time, and being able to start off training well might just be Yuzu's ideal way to start the new decade, so I'm happy if he can do that. Although I also hope he took some time off! 

I don't think I posted on here in the last couple of days btw, so happy new year everyone! :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw: 新年あけましておめでとう! 

Not surprised to hear he is in Toronto. I would have been more surprised if he came back after New year's. He has to get that 4a,  change his sp, master new layouts, work on stamina for all of that, and try to get that ready for 4cc.... yup, def lots to do. And Jason has Nats, so does Joseph.... serious work going on for these guys. 

1 hour ago, liv said:

Not surprised to hear he is in Toronto. I would have been more surprised if he came back after New year's. He has to get that 4a,  change his sp, master new layouts, work on stamina for all of that, and try to get that ready for 4cc.... yup, def lots to do. And Jason has Nats, so does Joseph.... serious work going on for these guys. 

Yeah, this would be high season for competition prep. JNats and Rusnats are early but most nationals are in January and then we get 4CC, Euros and World's...no time to ease off really.