General Yuzuru Chat

On 12/31/2019 at 9:58 AM, PoohandYuzu said:

How can he be always so sweet and lovely!!!  Heart just melt... :8788161:

Since I heard his name from like-10-seconds of sports news from his 2 OGMs, I started searching and watching his prior programs, one season after another; was initially only out of curiosity wondering why he is so much loved by fans and how strong and dominant an athlete he is; but eventually found v amazing that I have watched his entire men’s competitions (until PC) without thinking to stop at any point.  All programs are great and hit ppl’s hearts with different feelings.  And after watching the first competition live (ACI 18) from internet, just feel the need or urgency to keep following his live competitions even if I can only do it by internet/tv so-far...

For those who are “clicked” and touched by his performance, the antenna of satellites and his planet are then tuned to the right frequency and so can communicate well going forward... here it forms the constellation.  Just feel lucky myself to have recognised him (at least not too late yet)!  But envy those who realise his talent and character early-on and follow him all the way <3 :mushroom5:

Wish Yuzu and you all have a very Happy and Healthy 2020!!!

You really need to do everything you can to see him live. There is no experience to compare it to. The  network cameras follow him too closely, in a way that hides his incredible speed and the beautiful patterns he makes across the ice. Figure skating was really meant to be watched in an ice rink. If seeing Yuzu the way he was meant to be seen isn't enough, you get the incredible crowd of Fanyus who greet you warmly and give out cool gifts. It feels like a Yuzu convention, where everyone knows the secret of joy! Most of Yuzu's fans are wonderful, kind people, because Yuzu is an actual angel, and angels attract good and kind people. I swear, you will come away with life-long friends, just from waiting in line.  Save every penny, sell your hair, stop eating out, if someone will help you buy airfare for your teeth, then rip them out of your own mouth with pliers. Whatever it takes - get yourself in an audience to see this magical being for yourself, because television pales in comparison to being there.

14 minutes ago, Toni said:

You really need to do everything you can to see him live. There is no experience to compare it to. The  network cameras follow him too closely, in a way that hides his incredible speed and the beautiful patterns he makes across the ice. Figure skating was really meant to be watched in an ice rink. If seeing Yuzu the way he was meant to be seen isn't enough, you get the incredible crowd of Fanyus who greet you warmly and give out cool gifts. It feels like a Yuzu convention, where everyone knows the secret of joy! Most of Yuzu's fans are wonderful, kind people, because Yuzu is an actual angel, and angels attract good and kind people. I swear, you will come away with life-long friends, just from waiting in line.  Save every penny, sell your hair, stop eating out, if someone will help you buy airfare for your teeth, then rip them out of your own mouth with pliers. Whatever it takes - get yourself in an audience to see this magical being for yourself, because television pales in comparison to being there.

Any magical solutions to visa problems :(

24 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Any magical solutions to visa problems :(

:rofl2::rofl:Beg? Get on the floor and grab the leg of the bureaucrat in charge, wailing about Yuzu. Refuse to let go until they watch Olympic ballad, Semei, and Swanyu on your cellphone, because surely then they will grant you a visa??? Promise them a lap dance? Or to wash their car every weekend for the rest of your life?

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What kind of visa problems? Because the first thing that springs to mind is to try and see him in a country where it's easier for you to get a visa...

Let's just say that I live in a country that have a very good chance of a podium at the worst passport Olympics  :biggrin:

I do think I have a chance if Yuzu went to Europe since I did get a visa before so a second one should be possible. But North America and Asia are impossible. I really hope he continues competing long enough for me to get to see him live at least once. It is my dream   :smiley-angelic001:

21 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Let's just say that I live in a country that have a very good chance of a podium at the worst passport Olympics  :biggrin:

I do think I have a chance if Yuzu went to Europe since I did get a visa before so a second one should be possible. But North America and Asia are impossible. I really hope he continues competing long enough for me to get to see him live at least once. It is my dream   :smiley-angelic001:

World's next year are in Europe so maybe there's a chance! 

Happy New Year to everyone!

2019 was one of the greatest years for me as a Yuzu’s fan.

In March, I was in the swirl of the  excitement of the audience at Saitama Super Arena, witnessing his Phoenix-like FS.

In June, I witnessed the return of 4Lz and even 4F attempt at FaOI shows.

At the beginning of this season, I found that my dream I had told Ms Ito (his costume designer) before came true.  Yuzu wears the lacy PURPLE costume for ORIGIN!

In October, I witnessed his first win for Skate Canada and finally saw Parisienne Walkways alive.

In December, I witnessed he did 5 quads successfully in a FS including those gorgeous 4Lo and 4Lz at PalaVela.  Then the Swan was the most elegant, the most divinely beautiful swan I’ve ever seen.

And now I’m really happy with the fact that he’s done all the competitions healthily (of cause he seemed to be too tired at Nationals, but at least not injured), that he doesn’t stop progressing and pushing his technical and artistic boundaries still now, and that the glitter of his performance is getting brighter and deeper than before.

So I have really positive feelings about the latter part of this season and look forward to 4CC and Worlds!

May all Yuzu’s dreams come true and 2020 be the happiest year for him and all of us!

From a calligrapher (Shodo) - who  chose the word "Yakushin" for Hanyu-senshu.  The word means a breakthrough/remarkable progress.   The character has a feather component in the first character and the OP was inspired by that reference.  Wishing from the bottom of his heart for Hanyu-senshu to continue in 2020 on his remarkable journey/road in pursuit of graceful beauty and progress, and for good health and fortune.  May 2020 be fruitful and deeply fulfilling year! 

6 hours ago, Toni said:

I've only started following Yuzu since PC and going to competitions since 2018 ACI. I concur wholeheartedly (except for the teeth part).

13 hours ago, lazuliblade said:

Happy New Year!

It's been ages since I've posted anything here, but if anyone wants to read a translation of the page in the Sponichi paper today where Yuzu wrote a message in support of the Olympic and Paralympic athletes, I uploaded pictures and my translation here. The writer(editor?) included an article-poem to accompany Yuzu's message, so I also went ahead and translated that as well. It's pretty short, so I figure there are people on Twitter who have already gotten around to it, but it doesn't hurt to have multiple translations.

Here's hoping for a wonderful and healthy year (decade!) for Yuzu. May all his goals be realized and may he have many happy reasons to smile.

Many thanks for your nuanced translation and notes!

1 hour ago, Maya said:

I've only started following Yuzu since PC and going to competitions since 2018 ACI. I concur wholeheartedly (except for the teeth part).

Self-dental care makes you squirm? Then I highly recommend that you never watch the Tom Hanks movie: CASTAWAY.