General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I feel Yuzu's critical view for his own performance/results is a sign of belief towards his own ability. He often expresses he could improve more and that is because his ideal skating as well as the trust in his own ability sits higher than the results. But I also feel that he does recognise his own efforts at the same time and yet because he believes his maximum effort/ability hasn't been reached, he has to mention that  he should train more. I have listened and translated radio talk show with Taro Hakase (violinist/musician) where Yuzu talked about his views for many different things including training. He said that most people train 100% and hoping to perform 80% at a comp but he should train for 120% in order to perform 100% at a comp. 

In Japanese culture, we often say the result/effort is nothing significant out of 謙遜 (humility). But I feel Yuzu's self criticism goes beyond the standard humility level. He really believes that he can still improve whatever the circumstances. So whenever I see his interview and hear "I should train more" or "It's about 20%" then I just take it as he's not going to give up any time soon :cheer: I will follow this incredible athlete to see how far he can go together with other fellow fanyus. What he's doing is so rare that I only have my own luck to be thankful for living in the same era as him.

As for the programs that have special place in my heart: RJ1 WC 2012 and H&L WC 2017 together with SEIMEI NHK & GFP 2015. LGC GPF 2015. Also Requiem Boston 2016 gives me chills. And can't leave out TFTT GPF 2014 and NS WC 2017. Chopin-SEIMEI-NS at PC 2018 are must. PW (single & team) from Sochi 2014 and RJ2 from WC 2014. And so many more that I can't finish choosing from...

To me, there's no bad program when it comes to Yuzu. There are absolutely brilliant performance and not so great ones. But when you start to look into why he didn't perform well at a particular time, you'll realise there are so much more drama than you can imagine. I like watching his earlier performances as well. For example, I like watching Zigeunerweisen from 4CC 2011 where young Yuzu ran out of steam. It shows his fresh talent and the way he was at that time. The one I love is with Chinese commentary that the commentator just finds him so cute and can't help but to cooing over him! But I couldn't find it on YT so just put CBC version here with commentary none other than Tracey Wilson herself.

I don't like the word recycling as that sounds like you're trying to make more use out of something that are destine to be thrown away. We Japanese use 継続 that simply means "continuing" which is a fact and no negative or positive sentiment attached to it. And as Yuzu had worked particular programs that brought him the 2nd OGM, continuing on polishing programs had worked quite well for him. But I too hope for new competition programs next season simply because I want to see different beauty that we haven't seen yet. 

Thank you SO much for the text and the video: these are my thoughts and feelings as well.

I am sitting here waiting for the New Year to come:

Happy New Year to you and all satellites!!

In Japan, 2019 will almost end and 2020 will begin.

I want to thank all of Yuzu fans here who always support and cheer for Yuzu.

This year I went to Torino to see Yuzu as my first time overseas competition.

I met many great planet Yuzu fans and enjoyed every minute although the result of the GPF was not what I hoped for.

Especially, I would like to thank @Yuzu_legend, @Yuzurella and @TeaFrida

Thank you for talking with me, sharing chocolates and making me wave your Japan's flag together, and also sorry for my poor English!

I hope I will meet you again at some competitions or ice shows!

I also went to Japan Nats and saw the short programs and the Gala.

Maybe you can't see on the screen, but I could clearly see Yuzu was extremely tired during skating Otonal.

He was very slow, seemed weak, strikingly different from Otonal at GPF. It was like his ghost skated Otonal.

And as @sweetwater wrote, the atmosphere of the competition was weird. It seemed there were not so many Yuzu fans as in the other completions. I felt uncomfortable. I was surprised at the constant screams of "Dai-chan Ganba!!!" during the six minute warm up.

Then, the gala, MOI was completely different. Yuzu shone from the beginning to the end. I enjoyed so much. I had been worried about him because he had looked shocked and depressed at the result of the free program the previous day. I had wanted to cheer him up at the Gala, but the truth is that he cheered up all of his fans attending the show, giving us the big Christmas present, SEIMEI. I was so lucky to see that performance, his beautiful 3A and the Otonal step!:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: I can't explain well in English. He was just serene, confident, and commanding.

After seeing it, I can believe he will be fine.

Well, after the defeat at J-Nats, I was so shocked that I failed to get the ticket for the four continents. Ahh, too bad.:tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

I plan to go to the worlds but Korea is very close to Japan, and it would have been a good chance...

I hope those who could get the tickets successfully will have a great time!:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

A Happy New Year to every one!

I wish Yuzu will be healthy and happy in 2020!!!:tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

It's here. But the joke is: it's posted by a Zagitova fan account lmao :darklordyuzu:

It's so funny that nearly all the responses are from fanyus :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:It makes me think though, it seems that fanyus/figure skating fans are more likely to use Twitter or to engage with Olympic channel, because of course in reality, figure skating is still a pretty niche sport and most people on the street would mention some athlete in football/basketball/ice hockey/etc. when asked this question. It's kind of interesting. I wonder if FS fans are more likely to build online communities precisely because the sport is not so popular in most countries, so it's harder to find people to talk about it in real life. 

20 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

:cheer:Go Yuzu! We will support you always! :heart:

21 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Actually, it looks like it's supposed to be a Happy New Year from Pooh! Yuzu's making Pooh 'talk'! :heart:

How can he be always so sweet and lovely!!!  Heart just melt... :8788161:

Since I heard his name from like-10-seconds of sports news from his 2 OGMs, I started searching and watching his prior programs, one season after another; was initially only out of curiosity wondering why he is so much loved by fans and how strong and dominant an athlete he is; but eventually found v amazing that I have watched his entire men’s competitions (until PC) without thinking to stop at any point.  All programs are great and hit ppl’s hearts with different feelings.  And after watching the first competition live (ACI 18) from internet, just feel the need or urgency to keep following his live competitions even if I can only do it by internet/tv so-far...

For those who are “clicked” and touched by his performance, the antenna of satellites and his planet are then tuned to the right frequency and so can communicate well going forward... here it forms the constellation.  Just feel lucky myself to have recognised him (at least not too late yet)!  But envy those who realise his talent and character early-on and follow him all the way <3 :mushroom5:

Wish Yuzu and you all have a very Happy and Healthy 2020!!!

47 minutes ago, glilikoi said:

It's so funny that nearly all the responses are from fanyus :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:It makes me think though, it seems that fanyus/figure skating fans are more likely to use Twitter or to engage with Olympic channel, because of course in reality, figure skating is still a pretty niche sport and most people on the street would mention some athlete in football/basketball/ice hockey/etc. when asked this question. It's kind of interesting. I wonder if FS fans are more likely to build online communities precisely because the sport is not so popular in most countries, so it's harder to find people to talk about it in real life. 

This is so true.. Especially coming from a country where ice skating of any sort is often viewed as something that we do for leisure because there's ice rinks in shopping malls.. Never a competitive career