General Yuzuru Chat

So glad we get to see Yuzu compete in the next decade too!

I am so glad we can see Yuzu compete past the 2020 mark! We are so blessed! Let's enjoy all the time we left we have with Yuzu competing for Japan!

May the next decade be a happy, healthy decade for Yuzu! May he achieve everything he wants to achieve and more, both in his personal life and in his public life!

I feel Yuzu's critical view for his own performance/results is a sign of belief towards his own ability. He often expresses he could improve more and that is because his ideal skating as well as the trust in his own ability sits higher than the results. But I also feel that he does recognise his own efforts at the same time and yet because he believes his maximum effort/ability hasn't been reached, he has to mention that  he should train more. I have listened and translated radio talk show with Taro Hakase (violinist/musician) where Yuzu talked about his views for many different things including training. He said that most people train 100% and hoping to perform 80% at a comp but he should train for 120% in order to perform 100% at a comp. 

In Japanese culture, we often say the result/effort is nothing significant out of 謙遜 (humility). But I feel Yuzu's self criticism goes beyond the standard humility level. He really believes that he can still improve whatever the circumstances. So whenever I see his interview and hear "I should train more" or "It's about 20%" then I just take it as he's not going to give up any time soon :cheer: I will follow this incredible athlete to see how far he can go together with other fellow fanyus. What he's doing is so rare that I only have my own luck to be thankful for living in the same era as him.

As for the programs that have special place in my heart: RJ1 WC 2012 and H&L WC 2017 together with SEIMEI NHK & GFP 2015. LGC GPF 2015. Also Requiem Boston 2016 gives me chills. And can't leave out TFTT GPF 2014 and NS WC 2017. Chopin-SEIMEI-NS at PC 2018 are must. PW (single & team) from Sochi 2014 and RJ2 from WC 2014. And so many more that I can't finish choosing from...

To me, there's no bad program when it comes to Yuzu. There are absolutely brilliant performance and not so great ones. But when you start to look into why he didn't perform well at a particular time, you'll realise there are so much more drama than you can imagine. I like watching his earlier performances as well. For example, I like watching Zigeunerweisen from 4CC 2011 where young Yuzu ran out of steam. It shows his fresh talent and the way he was at that time. The one I love is with Chinese commentary that the commentator just finds him so cute and can't help but to cooing over him! But I couldn't find it on YT so just put CBC version here with commentary none other than Tracey Wilson herself.

I don't like the word recycling as that sounds like you're trying to make more use out of something that are destine to be thrown away. We Japanese use 継続 that simply means "continuing" which is a fact and no negative or positive sentiment attached to it. And as Yuzu had worked particular programs that brought him the 2nd OGM, continuing on polishing programs had worked quite well for him. But I too hope for new competition programs next season simply because I want to see different beauty that we haven't seen yet.