General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

So, have to share this: I'm out with friends for drinks and somehow the conversation has turned to Hanyu. Clearly something is wrong with my friends - I have shown them Masquerade AND H&L '17 and they still think I'm the crazy one. :hihi:

What?  Who are these people?  I know so many people (all of my family include) who just don't get it.  They just don't see what we see.  In a way, Yuzu almost makes it look too easy so the uninformed don't really see all the athleticism behind even the step sequences.  It's hard for me because what he does is so beyond just athleticism. It's artistry. (And kindness and caring.) If a person cannot be wowed by H&L '17, there is a piece of them missing that they may never notice, but I sort of feel sad for them that they are unable to see the brilliance and beauty in his skating.  I continue to send Youtube links in the hope that someone will, at least, watch.  They may think I'm the crazy one, but my grown son and my sister, while not able to quite get what it is I see, know it's something that has changed me and are happy for that.  The piece of me that was missing has been found.

With all the talk about increasing stamina, I wonder if medically, any sort of stamina-building or exercise would prevent the sort of asthma attack Yuzuru clearly must have had just prior to JNats,  He was so clearly ill, and off.  I think if there was, his people (and not his federation) would have already addressed it.  But we know he won't make "excuses" even though it's not an excuse, it's a reason.  Ultimately, he can be a huge inspiration to children with asthma by admitting how difficult this has been for him to overcome and how he didn't allow suffering from asthma prevent him from being the pinnacle of a physically demanding sport.  (Also, on the whole swimming-to-increase-stamina thing - you don't have to actually swim to gain aerobic benefits from a pool.  You can just fast walk in chest high water. It's what I've had to do to come back from multiple surgeries that prevent anything high-impact.  Very boring, and probably as boring as skating around and around in a rink for an hour...but less demanding on joints.)

1 hour ago, barbara said:

What?  Who are these people?  I know so many people (all of my family include) who just don't get it.  They just don't see what we see.  In a way, Yuzu almost makes it look too easy so the uninformed don't really see all the athleticism behind even the step sequences.  It's hard for me because what he does is so beyond just athleticism. It's artistry. (And kindness and caring.) If a person cannot be wowed by H&L '17, there is a piece of them missing that they may never notice, but I sort of feel sad for them that they are unable to see the brilliance and beauty in his skating.  I continue to send Youtube links in the hope that someone will, at least, watch.  They may think I'm the crazy one, but my grown son and my sister, while not able to quite get what it is I see, know it's something that has changed me and are happy for that.  The piece of me that was missing has been found.

Since 2017 I've saved all comments from family, friends and collegues in my personal "first-reaction-to-Yuzu's-skating"-logbook.

Statistically Notte Stellata in PyeongChang received the best response by a mile. Even people, who claimed that they hate figure skating with all their heart, couldn't hide their goosebumps :P

Barcelona Seimei is in second place followed by SC Origin. Reactions were very positive overall. However, the excitement was not as huge as with Notte. The entire rest got mixed reactions. Especially H&L seemed to be underwhelming for whatever reason. Only exception: my mom loves it with all her heart and tears up everytime we rewatch it together. H&L in Helsinki is her favorite Yuzu-performance until today.

56 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

Since 2017 I've saved all comments from family, friends and collegues in my personal "first-reaction-to-Yuzu's-skating"-logbook.

Statistically Notte Stellata in PyeongChang received the best response by a mile. Even people, who claimed that they hate figure skating with all their heart, couldn't hide their goosebumps :P

Barcelona Seimei is in second place followed by SC Origin. Reactions were very positive overall. However, the excitement was not as huge as with Notte. The entire rest got mixed reactions. Especially H&L seemed to be underwhelming for whatever reason. Only exception: my mom loves it with all her heart and tears up everytime we rewatch it together. H&L in Helsinki her favorite Yuzu-performance until today.

I have been admiring Yuzu secretly ever since I became his fan. I don't dare show any of his videos to my friends or family because I know I would be heartbroken (furious even) if their reaction were anything other than being utterly blown away.

I think people who are not familiar with ice skating usually cannot understand the perfection of H&L. Seimei on the other hand has more chances of appealing to anyone with an artistic feel. 

But if I had to recommend one performance as a first time, I would choose Romeo & Juliet from Nice 2012. It's the one that made me fall in love with Yuzu for eternity. The passion in this one... a shot to the heart. :tumblr_inline_mm2wnw2HKh1qz4rgp:

47 minutes ago, Lapinou said:

I have been admiring Yuzu secretly ever since I became his fan. I don't dare show any of his videos to my friends or family because I know I would be heartbroken (furious even) if their reaction were anything other than being utterly blown away.

I think people who are not familiar with ice skating usually cannot understand the perfection of H&L. Seimei on the other hand has more chances of appealing to anyone with an artistic feel. 

But if I had to recommend one performance as a first time, I would choose Romeo & Juliet from Nice 2012. It's the one that made me fall in love with Yuzu for eternity. The passion in this one... a shot to the heart. :tumblr_inline_mm2wnw2HKh1qz4rgp:

Yes, but he was so much younger.  Beautiful but I try to convince people with his more recent competitions.  I'll recommend this one, though.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Barcelona Seimei is in second place followed by SC Origin. Reactions were very positive overall. However, the excitement was not as huge as with Notte. The entire rest got mixed reactions. Especially H&L seemed to be underwhelming for whatever reason. Only exception: my mom loves it with all her heart and tears up everytime we rewatch it together. H&L in Helsinki is her favorite Yuzu-performance until today.

Notte Stellata - and both SP and FS from PyeongChang are SO exceptional.  I love SC, but that's also because I was there and can share my own jaw-dropping experience of watching him live (and am also visible in the videos, so that's fun.).

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I must say, I’ve never been into H&L that much... of course the WC17 is a masterpiece of perfection but the whole programme is kinda boring to me (please don’t throw stones at me for saying that ! :smiley-scared005:) I’ve seen it live too and had the same impression (although Yuzu’s expression was soft and lovely). I discovered Yuzu with R&J2 and was struck by his elegance first. Then PW and especially R&J1 at WC12 sealed the deal. When I want to show others why I admire Yuzu so much I send R&J1 at WC12, PW at Oly, Seimei in NHK15 (which is still my favorite version of this programme), LGC from GPF16 and Ballade in Pyeonchang and people get it ! They’re usually very impressed, although nobody has become an hardcore fan like I am ^^

Hace 7 horas, rockstaryuzu said:

So, have to share this: I'm out with friends for drinks and somehow the conversation has turned to Hanyu. Clearly something is wrong with my friends - I have shown them Masquerade AND H&L '17 and they still think I'm the crazy one. :hihi:

I think the only way that people who dont watch FS can really appreciate Yuzu is showing them other skaters first.

I was a casual viewer of the sport, and I'll never forget the first time I saw him, while watching Sochi, everyone looked more or less the same to me, but the moment he moved his shoulders starting PW I realized he was completely different , and by the time he finished I was almost in shock..

But my country is all about football, so I could engage only one friend into FS, by showing him what others do, and then Yuzu. He loves Notte Stellata!

I think those people just have different interests, which is completely normal. Like me, I always have zero interest in basketball and football though they are very popular in my city.

My boyfriend doesn't really care for figure skating but he likes Haru yo koi and Seimei. He thinks Yuzu's hydroblades are super cool and beautiful so he always laughs at my poor attempts.

:xD:

3 hours ago, barbara said:

With all the talk about increasing stamina, I wonder if medically, any sort of stamina-building or exercise would prevent the sort of asthma attack Yuzuru clearly must have had just prior to JNats,  He was so clearly ill, and off.  I think if there was, his people (and not his federation) would have already addressed it.  But we know he won't make "excuses" even though it's not an excuse, it's a reason.  Ultimately, he can be a huge inspiration to children with asthma by admitting how difficult this has been for him to overcome and how he didn't allow suffering from asthma prevent him from being the pinnacle of a physically demanding sport.  (Also, on the whole swimming-to-increase-stamina thing - you don't have to actually swim to gain aerobic benefits from a pool.  You can just fast walk in chest high water. It's what I've had to do to come back from multiple surgeries that prevent anything high-impact.  Very boring, and probably as boring as skating around and around in a rink for an hour...but less demanding on joints.)

We sometimes used to get the rugby team from next door come in to walk laps in the pool all together while we were training and they used swirl the water so bad that we'd get swept around lol

About him being a big inspiration to kids with asthma reminds me of Gary Hall Jr., who has Type 1 Diabetes and won multiple OGMs in swimming. It's remarkable that our understanding of medicine and bodies has come so far that athletes of such high calibre with such terrible chronic diseases exist. And they themselves, of course, are more remarkable still. 

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Barcelona Seimei is in second place followed by SC Origin.

These 3 are the ones that make me decide to be a fan :2thumbsup: and also PW at SC. They just have this wow factor especially for people who never follow fs.

So i suggest if you guys want to brainwash your friends into loving yuzuru, start with these 4, barcelona seimei, sc origin, sc pw, and notte stellata pyeongchang. Especially for casual viewer who can't tell the difference between jumps (tbh i still cant tell which one is salchow, toe, etc the only recognizable jump for me is axel...)

Tbh first time i watch H&L i thought it was kinda bland especially after watching seimei, origin, notte and pw.....

I don't know where to post this but I just want your opinion.

Am I really weird if I will say that it hurts everytime I read something about Yuzu-senshu and the unfair judgement and criticism. I dunno. Maybe because this is my first time following and got hooked into an athlete that is why I am still new to these stuff.

He is an amazing athlete and also a very good person. He is so pure and innocent. You can see it in his expression, his smile, the way he talks, maybe that's why its sad to read stuff about Yuzu being over-competitive and loves to win. Well he is an athlete. Every athlete definitely loves to win. But Yuzu's determinatfion is very unique. Maybe that is why a lot of fanyus love him.

Am I just exaggerating or someone else also feels the same way as me?

The news about Yuzu being unfairly judged is really heartbreaking. I don't know if they are being personal about it and they want to ruin Yuzu or they just think that what Yuzu is doing is still not enough. It just hurts...really hurts.

Well, that's all...I guess. Feel free admins to pm me if this post is irrelevant here.

Thank you:headdesk: