General Yuzuru Chat

The difference between Adam and Yuzu is the difference between celebrity and athlete. One is concentrated on autopromotion and self-celebration, while another one is just working hard. It's completely different kind of followers that they attract. So I have no idea what's the point of this stupid article. Personally, I don't care at all, it;s just another piece of unproffesional trash, but its absurdity is quite fascinating. 

Around 9:22

1 hour ago, rubyblue said:

Everytime sh*t like that happens, I recall that journalist at PyeongChang press con who said that Yuzu's skating is like the truth in the world of fake news. So accurate and healing.

1 hour ago, Alexis219 said:

Awwww this is like a soothing balm... Do you have the link to article/video?

What a joke. Just for fun I googled "yuzuru hanyu" in Amazon.com and got 292 results. For "adam rippon" you ask? 33 results. So even by that metric (which is stupid to begin with) that journalist is plain ignorant.

And calling Adam "the PC bronze medallist" is Javi erasure :sigh: funny how they always forget the word "team" when it suits them.

Edit: by the way 

I kind of wish all Fanyus as a community would learn to relax a little and ignore things that are beneath us and, more importantly, beneath Yuzu. The majority of people are not overreacting, but it seems to be happening more and more lately. Standing up for meaningful things like fair judgment and social justice is important but some individuals are also so fast to pounce on takes and people that aren't even worth engaging with, much of which is just trolling, and then it gets whipped into a frenzy of hurt feelings and outrage. And all that happens in response is the provoking person feeling smug that they were able to get such a reaction, and everyone else, including journalists with wide readership, using it as ammo for their patronizing "Hanyu fans are crazy/bullies/on a hair trigger/have tunnel vision and can't hear any criticism" argument.

Remember, the best counterattack is muting, blocking, not giving clicks, moving on -- the most aggravating thing to an ignorant person is their ignorant opinion itself being completely ignored! :D

29 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

American media - so parochial 🙄

Our media is heavily biased. I think most country's tend to (naturally) be a bit biased, but lord the degree some take it over here is insane.

Also. Im mad. How rude. America is not the end all be all. Javier anyone? Bronze Olympian for more than a team event. 😠

19 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

The second half of that! He is sportsmanship itself. Such uplifting words. He knew people always dismissed Shoma's Nats wins in the past and would also be dismissive of Shoma's win here because he (Yuzu) didn't skate well so he's made very sure to direct people to think positively about Shoma and see him as deserving of his success. 

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I think it is better not to give any clicks to them. It is obvious that is what they want to get here...

I feel like he's probably already got a good few hundred (or thousand) emails, tweets etc from the more enthusiastic fanyus among us. I'm sure he'll soon see his mistake (and perhaps the others). He must have searched Yuzu to know he won both Olympics and that he has a calendar (I'm guessing everything else got snapped up and wasn't searchable). That he didn't realise it wasn't even the same event as Rippon's bronze really suggests he did minimal research. Yuzu hasn't written a book? Bet he just searched US Amazon because I just searched on the .jp site and I could very quickly end up thousands of dollars poorer for it lol. There is so much stuff.

He's a financial planner who is also a blogger. I'm relieved he's not a real journalist. 

Omg you guys.... the shade on Twitter directed at Forbes right now.... 

<3  So delicious.

ETA: I kept scrolling and then came across all these tweets from March with Yuzu being on the Forbes 30 under 30. I'm cackling away like a witch on the inside. 

35 minutes ago, memae said:

I feel like he's probably already got a good few hundred (or thousand) emails, tweets etc from the more enthusiastic fanyus among us. I'm sure he'll soon see his mistake (and perhaps the others). He must have searched Yuzu to know he won both Olympics and that he has a calendar (I'm guessing everything else got snapped up and wasn't searchable). That he didn't realise it wasn't even the same event as Rippon's bronze really suggests he did minimal research. Yuzu hasn't written a book? Bet he just searched US Amazon because I just searched on the .jp site and I could very quickly end up thousands of dollars poorer for it lol. There is so much stuff.

He's a financial planner who is also a blogger. I'm relieved he's not a real journalist. 

Even on Amazon US you can find magazines and his book-unless that is gone now. That guy did zero research and it shows.

35 minutes ago, Kat said:

Even on Amazon US you can find magazines and his book-unless that is gone now. That guy did zero research and it shows.

Honestly, this guy did his research, found that it didn't fit his narrative, and just made up shit. Any cursory search of Yuzuru Hanyu on Amazon or Google will come up with FAR more than a desk calendar.

9 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Honestly, this guy did his research, found that it didn't fit his narrative, and just made up shit. Any cursory search of Yuzuru Hanyu on Amazon or Google will come up with FAR more than a desk calendar.

True. I checked out his article and twitter-he just wants to boast/brag about Adam in a way that, as you mentioned first, fits with the narrative he wants to spin. Just sucks when these opinion articles/writers get seen as credible journalists 

Sorry off topics - i just opened and found this great gift on the boxing day as a new channel /corner is indeed started on the PH for satellites to leave him messages “directly”, and for the Big Boss to read them among his busy online researches:

https://planethanyu.com/topic/1142-thread-1000-messages-to-yuzu/

So glad also that this is the 1000th thread on the planet... is it a real coincident,  or within his calculations again ...

:surprised_pikachu:

11 hours ago, Lilona said:

Idk what to say really...

As if. Forbes Magazine is not that dumb. I call shenanigans.  

But I do have to thank the author of the article for reminding me that there are Yuzu calendars. I need to get me a great big wall-size one to hang over my desk at work.