General Yuzuru Chat

Translating some golden ticketing tips for 2020 4CC found on Japanese Fanyu twitter!

The 1 Day ticket sales are released on 2nd January at 1 pm (KST)

The Gold seats that are available
A1 ~ A5 is available (A1, A2 are presumably reserved for sponsors and VIPS)
A6 ~ A7 seats are also available 

Silver
B6 ~ B7, B15 ~ B17 are also available   (B15 is presumably the skaters / VIP seat)

Hope this helps! @geumna first posted it and then Japanese fanyus started circulating it around my timeline! So it's trustworthy info

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for more than a year, and just felt the need to express my unconditional support, admiration, love and respect for Yuzuru, regardless of medals, he is a truly inspiration as an athlete, artist and one-of-a-kind human being. I want to thank you all, this forum is not only a source of information but also a sort of fellowship since I've no one around to share all the emotions, the joy when Yuzu is healthy/happy, the almost unbearable nervousness before he skates, the anger when he is treated unfairly, the sadness when he cannot achieve what he wants and the unconditional love for this amazing boy who deserves all blessings in the universe. I sincerely hope he can rest well and recover his health and strength. Please excuse my bad english and thank you all!

2 часа назад, quadaxelwin сказал:

Agreed. To be honest, I would rather stan Yuzu who has ups and downs but still consistently podiums, than stan someone like Zhenya who won nearly every single competition for 2 years straight, and started losing competitions and placing off podiums all of a sudden (I respect her, but just as an analogy)

Yuzu never dominated the senior circuit like Zhenya did during her first 2 senior circuits. Zhenya was almost unbeatable, but Yuzu never was. And that's why I was so attracted to Yuzu, because he seems, real, human, yet electrifying, and brilliant even during his worst days (J Nats SP was awesome!)

And what attracts me to Yuzu is that his life is like a movie. Yes, we have downs, but when he goes up, the high is so high, the winning glory is so dramatic and movie like, that I can forget all the unfair judging and bad competitions of the past, in that glorious moment when he finally wins something BIG. 

I'm talking about Yuzu winning olympics twice and him sometimes skating the skate of his life at 2017 Worlds FS.

It's those moments that erase all the down times with Yuzu for me. Those big moments when he wins. Because it seems he has luck on his side, and also steps it up despite the immense pressure when it comes to the competitions that really matter; the Olympics.  

If Yuzu continues to compete, he will eventually have competitions when he gets silver or maybe even bronze (I hope not). 

But there will always be days when he makes a comeback. I think that is the essence of who Yuzu is. He always comes back from a down time with a  BIG BANG. 

Honestly it's crappy comparision bcs it was Rus federation inflation that stops right when she begin to become better but inflation switched to other more younger and more jumpier skaters. It's delight to me to see how she is growing up, improving and fighting even despite the fact that Rus Fed literally gave up on her, but she didn't give up on her FS.

Yuzu opposite and also the same-he is an ephitome of perfection in FS but alas the same as Zhenya without any support from his Fed. And exsactly bcs of that he is struggling that much. Sorry not sorry if he will have even half the support that Shoma is having, he would always win.

20 minutes ago, Lilona said:

Honestly it's crappy comparision bcs it was Rus federation inflation that stops right when she begin to become better but inflation switched to other more younger and more jumpier skaters. It's delight to me to see how she is growing up, improving and fighting even despite the fact that Rus Fed literally gave up on her, but she didn't give up on her FS.

Yuzu opposite and also the same-he is an ephitome of perfection in FS but alas the same as Zhenya without any support from his Fed. And exsactly bcs of that he is struggling that much. Sorry not sorry if he will have even half the support that Shoma is having, he would always win.

I think it also helped Zhenya was almost insanely consistent for the first 2 senior seasons. Insanely consistent. Almost non-human. It was what made her unbeatable for nearly 2 years. Whereas Yuzu has never had 2 seasons where he was always so consistent (probably because Yuzu jumps quads, and it is much harder to be insanely consistent with quads). 

3 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Agreed. To be honest, I would rather stan Yuzu who has ups and downs but still consistently podiums, than stan someone like Zhenya who won nearly every single competition for 2 years straight, and started losing competitions and placing off podiums all of a sudden (I respect her, but just as an analogy)

Yuzu never dominated the senior circuit like Zhenya did during her first 2 senior circuits. Zhenya was almost unbeatable, but Yuzu never was. And that's why I was so attracted to Yuzu, because he seems, real, human, yet electrifying, and brilliant even during his worst days (J Nats SP was awesome!)

And what attracts me to Yuzu is that his life is like a movie. Yes, we have downs, but when he goes up, the high is so high, the winning glory is so dramatic and movie like, that I can forget all the unfair judging and bad competitions of the past, in that glorious moment when he finally wins something BIG. 

I'm talking about Yuzu winning olympics twice and him sometimes skating the skate of his life at 2017 Worlds FS.

It's those moments that erase all the down times with Yuzu for me. Those big moments when he wins. Because it seems he has luck on his side, and also steps it up despite the immense pressure when it comes to the competitions that really matter; the Olympics.  

If Yuzu continues to compete, he will eventually have competitions when he gets silver or maybe even bronze (I hope not). 

But there will always be days when he makes a comeback. I think that is the essence of who Yuzu is. He always comes back from a down time with a  BIG BANG. 

For me Yuzu strikes out for his ethereal skating, inspirational character, strong fighting spirit and the countless magic moments that he created.

For me as a fan it's the most exciting experience to follow the journey of an athlete with all ups and downs and developments. It's sad, if a skater retires after two or three seasons already. It's over, before you even have the chance to join the fandom really. I can't warm to skaters either, who skate clean all the time. The excitement is totally killed from the beginning. It's like watching a reliable machine in loop - impressive, but that's it.

With Yuzu it's more like opening a grab bag. You never know, what's in it. It's full of surprises, shockers and miracles and that makes him so exciting to watch (sometimes a bit stressful as well :P). However, when everything works out, it's the greatest emotional fireworks that I've ever experienced. I guess, I'm not the only one with this feeling, aye?

:winky:

I just wish to express my admiration for Yuzu.  He is such a great sportsman and icon of the sport.  He has been so consistent in his performance throughout the years, that I sometimes forget how difficult it is to even podium for some skaters.  Some hardly podium in any major figure skating event!  So what Yuzu has accomplished is actually beyond comprehension.  Getting a spot on the podium is by no mean feat, and I salute him for being at the top of his game throughout his senior competitive career.  He is a genius and a wonder in this sport, and nothing anyone says can persuade me otherwise.  

Hope that he rests well, in order to return to skate to his heart's content... whichever event he wishes, and in whatever way he chooses.  I am just extremely grateful that he has stuck around all this while and is still motivated to continue.  His love and passion for the ice is still burning bright, and I love him for that! :loveshower:   

19 минут назад, quadaxelwin сказал:

I think it also helped Zhenya was almost insanely consistent for the first 2 senior seasons. Insanely consistent. Almost non-human. It was what made her unbeatable for nearly 2 years. Whereas Yuzu has never had 2 seasons where he was always so consistent (probably because Yuzu jumps quads, and it is much harder to be insanely consistent with quads). 

I know that partly inflation was bcs of her consistency so she always won and Rus fed only need constant gold medals LOL, but I can't say it's not consistent when one man didn't go lower than 2nd place FOR YEARS even without support and inflation from his Fed. If it's not consistency than what? 

Abt Zhenya-Now we have Russian baby quasi-quads and even if you fall you will have your points and comps. 

17 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

With Yuzu it's more like opening a grab bag. You never know, what's in it. It's full of surprises, shockers and miracles and that make him so exciting to watch (sometimes a bit stressful as well :P). However, when everything works out, it's the greatest emotional fireworks that I've ever experienced. I guess, I'm not the only one with this feeling, aye?

It's all of that, and his dignity and humanity. 

It's true that being a fan of Yuzu never stops feeling like a rollercoaster. I mean on Friday, he rewrote the national record and gained his (unofficial) SB on the short, only to follow up with such a spectacularly bad FS. It was a pretty wild ride just in the space of a couple of days. Thank goodness for the gala :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

20 minutes ago, glilikoi said:

It's true that being a fan of Yuzu never stops feeling like a rollercoaster. I mean on Friday, he rewrote the national record and gained his (unofficial) SB on the short, only to follow up with such a spectacularly bad FS. It was a pretty wild ride just in the space of a couple of days. Thank goodness for the gala :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

He just can't be ordinary, can he?

3 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Exactly this. Also, he's had how many 'rivals' now? Like each season he has had true competition and while some of his wins had big margins, pretty much none of them were easy. He's had to contend with Takahashi, Patrick Chan, Javi, Denis Ten, Boyang, Shoma, and now Nathan. No one else has come out on top again and again against so much consistent competition - he really broke the cycle. I know some of those skaters have been bigger 'threats' than others, so to speak, but all of them have been in a position to beat Zu at at least one major competition depending on how things played out. The last Olympics really could have been anyone's, especially because Yuzuru had that injury. (Side note: I think bombing the Olympics was the catalyst for Nathan's current success and consistency. He's really used the experience to his advantage and grown much stronger (mentally) for it, in my opinion.) 

None of his big wins were handed to him. The ones with the giant margins (against any of the skaters listed above) were the ones where everything finally came together for him for an exceptionally clean skate but they're pretty rare. None of his Olympic wins or his WC wins were free of hiccoughs. He really fights, and that's part of what endears him so much to us. 

32 minutes ago, Veveco said:

On a lighter note:

Hahaha, is this a new option for us to write to him “directly” and bring him to read all fans’ loving and caring messages while he keeps no social media of his own?  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Actually PH is quite big and we may consider creating a message-to-yuzu corner to facilitate his reading here when he is so busy with everything including all his online researches...  just my random thought.