General Yuzuru Chat

26 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Ghislain is back from Korea. He said that he is leaving tomorrow with Brian and Yuzu for the Japanese Nationals.

That was the message on Saturday. So, if things have not changed, both Brian and Ghislain should be with Yuzu at the Japanese Nationals.

Thanks for the info :2thumbsup: Poor Ghislain though, he’s going to be exhausted with all the back and forth travels :13877886:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm not sure having kids has much to do with it. There are many people who work over the holidays, and people without kids should have as much right to have time off over the holidays, too. Brian may not have kids, but he has a partner and I'm sure they would enjoy spending Christmas together, rather than with Brian traveling the world. Also, Tracy's kids, as far as I know, are all grown up and Ghislain's too, except for his youngest. Maybe he could actually take his family along and have a nice little holiday in Japan. Many kids would love that, I think. But rather I suspect he'll be heading home after JNats and be home just in time for Christmas, while Brian will be off to Russia, maybe even be joined by Tracy? I think Zhenya having extra support at RusNats would be good.

As for the competition over the holidays, that's exactly it. Russians (or at least most of them?) don't celebrate Christmas on December 25th, so it's not that big a deal for them. On top of that, sports competitions don't often take religious holidays into account. There are almost always Formula 1 races on Easter - whether Catholic or Orthodox - for example.

Anyway, I do hope we won't have any more coaching dramas. Honestly, I think Zhenya can use Brian's help now more than Yuzu. It'll be a near mission impossible for her to get a spot on the Euro and/or World team and she can use all the support she can get in this quest. On the other hand, for Yuzu, if he skates like he did in any of his competitions so far, it should be a walk in the park for him. His only real competition is Shoma, if he's pulled himself together. He even said at the press conference after the GPF that he's thinking of not doing 4Lz - or 5 quads - at JNats. And it makes sense, because he doesn't really need to. Although it's true he usually doesn't skate that well at JNats, probably as it's usually the drop after the GPF peak. So we'll see. But technically, it shouldn't be any harder an event than his GP events. So, if it came to the point where Brian had to choose, I'm pretty sure they would all agree Brian is needed in Russia more. (Although the fan drama would be... something, if that were to ever happen.)

But, Brian's said he's doing both, so... even better!

Given the distances he's traveling and the tight turnaround time between the two competitions,  let's just hope there's no airline/airport/flight delay/ other travel drama for any of them, and that all the luggage arrives safely. First things first. :chase::122fs329172:

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Ghislain is back from Korea. He said that he is leaving tomorrow with Brian and Yuzu for the Japanese Nationals.

That was the message on Saturday. So, if things have not changed, both Brian and Ghislain should be with Yuzu at the Japanese Nationals.

And you are a reliable source of info on Ghislain, so thank you.

4 hours ago, Vulnavia said:

This is totally random, but with all of the Notte Stellata talk lately I've realized that we've been slacking off because the Olympic version is not at a million views yet:

I watched this three times today and there was no uptick in the number of views...  So let's keep trying.

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Oh, I thought Ghislain is going fly direct from Korea to Japan, much shorter trip.

9 時間前, Figure_Frenzyさんが言いました:

I mean, true, Goethe was an all-around polymath, not just a poet and playwright but also researcher (...not just in color theory but also if I am not mistaken botany, mineralogy, meteorology, to name a few), and noted aesthete this one should be pretty obvious I reckon 😅😂🙈 but it wasn't like he was especially notable for his attention to personal sartorial presentation* ? :shrug:

...or maybe that's why the magazine has his name — it's intended for men who pursue lofty ideals in many fields, in order to cultivate themselves to be the multifaceted man, just like the way Goethe did all his life?

*Though I guess it's safe to say that he paid way more attention to personal sartorial presentation and/or hygiene than, say... Beethoven... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The magazine is actually defined as "business/culture/life magazine for men" and the name was chosen exactly for the reasons you cited. Being passionate about a lot of things in life. So maybe it's not just a magazine cover? I'm hoping there will be an article about him if only to help draw in more male fans :happy: