General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Hmmm, looks like Brian is going with Zhenya at RNat  ... Then, who's going with Yuzu at JNat? Is Brian not going with Yuzu at a competition again? ... Or maybe from Japan he's flying directly to Russia ... kinda weird ... :scratch3:

I believe Japanese Nationals wraps up Dec 22. This is one of the rare years where it doesn’t overlap with Russian Nationals and is actually a bit early. Not sure if Brian plans to go back to Toronto first if he’s planning to be in Russia by Christmas. I imagine he could leave Japan early the 22nd to go back to Canada or directly to Russia. 

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

New Lotte clear files. 

The costume is less bothering to me than the amount of photoshop they use for these Lotte pictures. :14066882:Yuzu has perfect facial features,  why so much photoshop then? 

It's the same pictures, just different costume colour Photoshopped on. Makes me wonder what colour the costume was originally.

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

From what we've heard, both Brian and Ghislain will be going to JNats. Ghislain was mentioned in the French article and Brian in Phil's, I think. There was some talk I think about how Brian would have to rush from Japan to Russia. but it shouldn't be that difficult - and not something he's not used to (a few years ago, he was joking about always having to travel on Christmas, for JNats... well, he had a break from that for three years, time to get back to business lol). I think JNats are a bit earlier than usual this year, too, which probably helps.

And the rule of 1 coach per skater is only for the GPF. Even the regular GP events don't have that rule. Nobody really knows why that rule exists... maybe it's a budget thing, though at the end of the day, since it's Juniors + Seniors, the event is the same as a regular GP event, as far as number of competitors goes, so I don't get it... I doubt any national championships has such a rule. Even in Japan, I think many skaters have more than one coach.

Ghislain and Tracy have children and Brian does not.  So, missing Christmas in Canada is more acceptable for him -especially if he's had three years break.  And why do the Russians have a championship over a major holiday? I guess Russian Orthodox Christmas is Jan 7? 

2 hours ago, kiches said:

I believe Japanese Nationals wraps up Dec 22. This is one of the rare years where it doesn’t overlap with Russian Nationals and is actually a bit early. Not sure if Brian plans to go back to Toronto first if he’s planning to be in Russia by Christmas. I imagine he could leave Japan early the 22nd to go back to Canada or directly to Russia. 

It's 24 hours minimum flight time to Krasnoyarsk from both Toronto and Tokyo.

I imagine he'll stay in Japan on the 23rd, then travel on the 24th to arrive in Russia on the 25th.

5 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe was not only the most cited author in the history of German literature and the creator of "Faust". He was also a scientist, who wrote a publication about the "Theory of colours". While Isaac Newton was more focused on the optical spectrum of colours, Goethe analyzed colours from an artist's point of view on nature and human's perception of colours.

I think that's the reason, why Goethe's name was chosen for that magazine.

I mean, true, Goethe was an all-around polymath, not just a poet and playwright but also researcher (...not just in color theory but also if I am not mistaken botany, mineralogy, meteorology, to name a few), and noted aesthete this one should be pretty obvious I reckon 😅😂🙈 but it wasn't like he was especially notable for his attention to personal sartorial presentation* ? :shrug:

...or maybe that's why the magazine has his name — it's intended for men who pursue lofty ideals in many fields, in order to cultivate themselves to be the multifaceted man, just like the way Goethe did all his life?

*Though I guess it's safe to say that he paid way more attention to personal sartorial presentation and/or hygiene than, say... Beethoven... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 hour ago, barbara said:

Ghislain and Tracy have children and Brian does not.  So, missing Christmas in Canada is more acceptable for him -especially if he's had three years break.  And why do the Russians have a championship over a major holiday? I guess Russian Orthodox Christmas is Jan 7? 

I'm not sure having kids has much to do with it. There are many people who work over the holidays, and people without kids should have as much right to have time off over the holidays, too. Brian may not have kids, but he has a partner and I'm sure they would enjoy spending Christmas together, rather than with Brian traveling the world. Also, Tracy's kids, as far as I know, are all grown up and Ghislain's too, except for his youngest. Maybe he could actually take his family along and have a nice little holiday in Japan. Many kids would love that, I think. But rather I suspect he'll be heading home after JNats and be home just in time for Christmas, while Brian will be off to Russia, maybe even be joined by Tracy? I think Zhenya having extra support at RusNats would be good.

As for the competition over the holidays, that's exactly it. Russians (or at least most of them?) don't celebrate Christmas on December 25th, so it's not that big a deal for them. On top of that, sports competitions don't often take religious holidays into account. There are almost always Formula 1 races on Easter - whether Catholic or Orthodox - for example.

Anyway, I do hope we won't have any more coaching dramas. Honestly, I think Zhenya can use Brian's help now more than Yuzu. It'll be a near mission impossible for her to get a spot on the Euro and/or World team and she can use all the support she can get in this quest. On the other hand, for Yuzu, if he skates like he did in any of his competitions so far, it should be a walk in the park for him. His only real competition is Shoma, if he's pulled himself together. He even said at the press conference after the GPF that he's thinking of not doing 4Lz - or 5 quads - at JNats. And it makes sense, because he doesn't really need to. Although it's true he usually doesn't skate that well at JNats, probably as it's usually the drop after the GPF peak. So we'll see. But technically, it shouldn't be any harder an event than his GP events. So, if it came to the point where Brian had to choose, I'm pretty sure they would all agree Brian is needed in Russia more. (Although the fan drama would be... something, if that were to ever happen.)

But, Brian's said he's doing both, so... even better!

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Hmmm, looks like Brian is going with Zhenya at RNat  ... Then, who's going with Yuzu at JNat? Or maybe from Japan he's flying directly to Russia ... kinda weird ... :scratch3:

Ignorant me didn't know it but Krasnoyarsk is something like 4000 km from Moscow....that's some globetrotting Mr Orser!

But I agree Medo needs all the support she can get(not that Yuzuru doesn't but it's definetly different).

I was kind of thinking the opposite... I would think Brian would want to go to JNats because Yuzu comes first (from what Brian said last year when he said his first priority in terms of Nats would be Yuzu), it's Yuzu's first Nats in years, and there was all the coach drama at Torino which I am sure everyone wants to squash. And as for Med and RusNats, well, unless you're one of the 3A,  or another baby Eteri student, I highly doubt you'll get on the podium no matter how well you skate.

But, since Brian said he was going to do both then it doesn't matter. If he doesn't go I can imagine all sorts of alarm bells would be ringing in the fandom, even more than what they did in Italy. And this time, I actually wouldn't blame them, tbh.

5 hours ago, Tabby said:

Guys, does anyone know which coach will accompany Yuzu for Japan nationals? Will it be Brian? I read that Brian will accompany Evgenia for Russian nationals but I don't know if those 2 events overlap? Is he allowed to have more than 1 coach with him e.g. Brian AND Ghislain?

Sorry for all the questions lol this is the my first year following figure skating competitions and so also happens to be first time experiencing nationals, so I'm very curious about everything 

5 hours ago, Purple said:

Russia Nationals is after Christmas, next week, so Brian should have no problem accompanying Yuzuru to Japan.

Ghislain is currently in Korea with Cha Jun Hwan for Korea ranking competitions.

Ghislain is back from Korea. He said that he is leaving tomorrow with Brian and Yuzu for the Japanese Nationals.

That was the message on Saturday. So, if things have not changed, both Brian and Ghislain should be with Yuzu at the Japanese Nationals.

5 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I don't like the costume, but I think Yuzu might suit skating to "Prince of Persia Soundtrack" or "Aladdin" or "Mask of Zorro" wearing something like this

Please NO!  Well, this is a matter of one's personal taste and not meant to be critical of other people's preferences.  But I have a deep love and admiration for Iranian art and music, and conversely have a strong distaste for Hollywood trashification of the Iranian culture into some generic Western hero flick.  I hope he never performs to a Hollywood soundtrack of these types of movies.  Since he seems to study carefully the origins of the music he performs, I assume we are in safe hands.   

A different (somewhat related) thought:  "AThousand and One Nights (Alf Leila' wa' Leil)" is an epic drama that is moving, frightening and raw (I mean X-rated raw).  If one day Yuzu wants to do some interpretation of that story, then I hope he avoids the Lotte style cartoonesque Aladdin costume and will dig deeper into the original story. 

5 hours ago, MatchaBeans said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bh3x0h5hEg1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link30087121_233713953845296_289223536658297

Just saw this, thought I'd post it as he rarely gets his tongue out like that! :xD:

Maybe Yuzu gets his tongue out in this photo to send his feelings to those judges who underscored him in every competition and give big scores to his opponents, especially to their favourite Chen as we all know already.