General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just scrolled a bit through the comment section of Yuzu's Torino FS video on YouTube.

There are multiple new comments like:

"Google Search brought me here. Wow, he is incredible!"

"Who is here because of Google Search?"

"This is the performance that has made me decide to be a fan."

This is really amazing. These two little seconds in the Google Search clip brought probably more people to the sport than ISU's entire PR actions of the last decade together. Kudos, Google :xD:

I think it's less because of the 2 seconds clip and more because all the comments there of Yuzuru! Go fanyus!!!

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I just scrolled a bit through the comment section of Yuzu's Torino FS video on YouTube.

There are multiple new comments like:

"Google Search brought me here. Wow, he is incredible!"

"Who is here because of Google Search?"

"This is the performance that has made me decide to be a fan."

This is really amazing. These two little seconds in the Google Search clip brought probably more people to the sport than ISU's entire PR actions of the last decade together. Kudos, Google :xD:

And I imagine that Google chose Yuzu for that video partially because he is SO Googled.  The fact that he's one of the most Googled athletes is why he makes ESPN's top 100 GLOBAL popular athletes. ESPN's criteria includes, among other things, social media followers.  Yuzu has no social media at all so that fact that he still makes the top 100 (lots of soccer and cricket players on that list....it is truly global) has to translate to a staggering amount of Google searches on him.  He just keeps getting better and more inspiring and more popular.

50 minutes ago, barbara said:

And I imagine that Google chose Yuzu for that video partially because he is SO Googled.  The fact that he's one of the most Googled athletes is why he makes ESPN's top 100 GLOBAL popular athletes. ESPN's criteria includes, among other things, social media followers.  Yuzu has no social media at all so that fact that he still makes the top 100 (lots of soccer and cricket players on that list....it is truly global) has to translate to a staggering amount of Google searches on him.  He just keeps getting better and more inspiring and more popular.

I google his wikipedia page every day and look at the competitive highlights section. 

20 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

I google his wikipedia page every day and look at the competitive highlights section. 

Best routine I've heard of this whole decade. :nod2:

Spoiler

I honestly would've have forgotten to do that after the fourth day if I tried :tumblr_inline_ncmifdw7151rpglid:

10小時前, mokjakarma說:

I have to admit that I now search other skaters' Wiki page more than Yuzu's because I already remember almost evey details of his competitive results but keep forgetting other skaters' competitive highlights

:oops:

46 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

I have to admit that I now search others skaters' Wiki page more than Yuzu's because I already remember almost evey details of his competitive results but keep forgetting other skaters' competitive highlights

:oops:

I do it mainly to cleanse my soul when i see nasty stuff on twitter because i lurk on that bird app too much.

5 hours ago, barbara said:

Don't forget a lot of the reasons many athletes are Googled. How many of those searches are for their athleticism so much as debauchery and abuse and other scandals? 

It's nice that a wholesome boi from figure skating makes the cut without having to throw and break his equipment in a tantrum or make sexist remarks or get underage girls drunk and (can't even bring myself to finish that), etc, etc, etc. 

8 hours ago, Alexis219 said:

I think it's less because of the 2 seconds clip and more because all the comments there of Yuzuru! Go fanyus!!!

Yes, the comment section played the key role in this.

Without the comments most people wouldn't have paid any attention to those two seconds in the clip. They wouldn't know until today who Yuzuru Hanyu is and where exactly you could find him in the clip.

The sheer mass of comments with admiration, happy memories and impressive facts about Yuzu made all these people curious.

However, without these two seconds there wouldn't be any comments and the whole thing wouldn't have got rolling in the first place. So Google's decision to include Yuzu with the caption: "super heroes that can fly" was spot on.

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

Yes, the comment section played the key role in this.

Without the comments most people wouldn't have paid any attention to those two seconds in the clip. They wouldn't know until today who Yuzuru Hanyu is and where exactly you could find him in the clip.

The sheer mass of comments with admiration, happy memories and impressive facts about Yuzu made all these people curious.

However, without these two seconds there wouldn't be any comments and the whole thing wouldn't have got rolling in the first place. So Google's decision to include Yuzu with the caption: "super heroes that can fly" was spot on.

I'm waiting for the day when Times finally takes notice of Yuzuru Hanyu and include him in the "Time's most Influential 100 of the Year" List one day

2 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I'm waiting for the day when Times finally takes notice of Yuzuru Hanyu and include him in the "Time's most Influential 100 of the Year" List one day

I dunno. The Times 100 list is more about notoriety and getting people talking than about being a great person... I mean some very questionable individuals have made that list. Not sure if making that list would be as complimentary as we'd like.