General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Here is the Youtube link for "Google - Year in Search 2019"

I'm very proud of Yuzu to be feature here. It symbolizes he is an international hero now.

Also Google! It took you long enough! I reckon they should've feature him early as 2015, and definitely during 2018 after PC olympics!

And this without weibo and yahoo.:yes2:

24 minutes ago, rubyblue said:

Maybe it's me and my neurosis, but I don't trust Phil - I have a feeling that it's written in a way to create additional hype an misinformation about this topic and make harm to Yuzu by this (as a distraction from his preperation to the next part of the season).

i didn't know about him. so he's known to be making up stuff. no wonder fanyus seem done with such article

can't go a day without smone stirring a new drama. hope it doesn't effect yuzu or anyone from TCC

I don't get the point for this article, to milk to drama just when its over ? Yuzuru said he asked Ghislain because Brian is busy but Brian didn't know they register Ghislain over him ? 

I still stand by my point, TCC and Brian didn't hanlde this situation well. Yes, not everything need to be told and public, but in SNS era, if you don't say anything, nobody would know . He has no problem to share this info with Phil, so idk why he couldn't speak up earlier, to not put Yuzuru into an awkward position as well. Releasing an statement before Ghislain made to Italy doesn't take much time. 

Any hate towards him on SNS is unacceptable but again, this could avoid easily. Brian is still not very good with his PR/press talk game so I hope in this case,  he and the team realize fans/public need to hear their words when something happen.

Edit : Don't take Phil seriously. He's the one who ask Yuzuru about his weight at Oly press con and delight when Satoko had to WD from WC17 because of injuries. 

Brian has no PR game whatsoever. Whether it's about Yuzu or any other skater, every time he says something he should know not to say to people he should know not to say it to because he should know by now it will blow up and cause drama, my side-eye gets stronger.

On 2019/12/10 at 午後2時12分, yuzuangelさんが言いました:

looks only barely < :)

Wow!

The professor says the distance and height are enough for 4A, but the landing timing is still for his 3A.  So, if he can delay the landing timing slightly, he may be able to succeed it.

Scared, but so excited.  Really hope no injury :smiley-angelic001:

Has anybody posted this already?

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20191210/k10012208951000.html

10 hours ago, RockstarYuzuru said:

It breaks my heart that some fanyus vandalized a historic building because they were upset at ISU. I wish some fans can find better ways to express themselves. Isn't one of the reasons why we support Yuzuru so much is because he is a respectable, kind, and considerate person? Why can't some fans follow his example? I just don't want this to affect Yuzuru since I know people will always find a way to use this as an excuse to hate him even more. 

I'm sorry but as far as I know there's no evidence it was a fanyu....that was somebody on twitter claiming it.

2 hours ago, Yuzupu said:

Why is he like this? :embSwan:

LOL I love his body language in this....clearly teasing Ghislain LOL

1 hour ago, ZuCritter said:

If Google translate hasn't totally butchered the meaning, Max says in the linked piece that although he assumes no bad faith on the part of ISU judges, he's increasingly plagued by doubts. Strong shade, indeed!

:nod2:

yes that's what he said,he said also he has no doubt Yuzuru is way better then Nathan in things like SS and TR...PCS are not correctly scored.

1 hour ago, lila said:

So NBC contacted Brian regarding the no coach situ in gpf and turns out it was actually JSF behind this abrupt decision of choosing Ghislain for accredited coach. Brian did not even know about this until later 

also very disappointing to see how ppl accused Brian and TCC when they had nothing to do with the situ

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/12/11/yuzuru-hanyu-brian-orser/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

mmmmm can we trust what it's been reported here?how do we know words aren't twisted?just the titlle of it it's ridicolous "Troubles in Paradise"??LOL 

And what if yuzuru had won?They'd write Brian off because clearly he doesn't need his coach anylonger?

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

He loves Yuzu one minute, but finds little details to hate him the next. It's like he has a love and hate relationship with Yuzu. He can never make up his mind. 

He could have freely love him in 2015, when there was no relevant US skater to wildly promote as his rival. He could have love him then or rather use his brightness for autopromotion etc. IMO he's a lobbyst not journalist. 

1 hour ago, Katt said:

I don't get the point for this article, to milk to drama just when its over ? Yuzuru said he asked Ghislain because Brian is busy but Brian didn't know they register Ghislain over him ? Something is off here. 

I still stand by my point, TCC and Brian didn't hanlde this situation well. Yes, not everything need to be told and public, but in SNS era, if you don't say anything, nobody would know . He has no problem to share this info with Phil, so idk why he couldn't speak up earlier, to not put Yuzuru into an awkward position as well. Releasing an statement before Ghislain made to Italy doesn't take much time. 

Any hate towards him on SNS is unacceptable but again, this could avoid easily. Brian is still not very good with his PR/press talk game so I hope in this case,  he and the team realize fans/public need to hear their words when something happen.

Agree. Also, the timing of his IG posts was a bit strange for me and it's hard to believe imo than he didn't know what kind of reaction it will be followed by. Although, to say it clearly, those responses were horrible and there's nothing to defend. However, his PR game (strategic or not) has been very confusing. Still, I'm not going to make any assumption on this poor Phil's article and hope with all my heart that they will be all able to play it smart, put all ego issues (if they are any) to the background and quickly solve it all internally in TCC.

2 hours ago, lila said:

So NBC contacted Brian regarding the no coach situ in gpf and turns out it was actually JSF behind this abrupt decision of choosing Ghislain for accredited coach. Brian did not even know about this until later 

also very disappointing to see how ppl accused Brian and TCC when they had nothing to do with the situ

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/12/11/yuzuru-hanyu-brian-orser/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

JSF only submitted the name, but clearly Yuzu gave them the name I think.

I don't remember the exact context, but wasn't there another instance where Phil wrote an interview of sorts and it kind of became clean he was selecting comments and arranging things only to further his agenda? Or was it just our assumption because it sounded off then, too? I don't remember, really.

Yuzu was in Toronto before GPF, I think we settled that already. SO, even if Brian heard that Ghislain's name had been submitted a few days after NHK, Yuzu would have still been there and I can't imagine he's sit on it and let it fester and not go "Hey, Yuzu, you chose Ghislain, huh?" And then Yuzu would explain why, they'd smile and carry on. Brian seems like a very straightforward guy, I'm sure he'd confront anything that could be an issue.

However, in the Team Brian books and some other interviews, it does sometimes feel a bit like there are communication lapses between Yuzu's team - whoever exactly they are - and Brian. That Brian would only get the occasional updates during Yuzu's recover after NHK and neither he nor Ghislain for that matter were much involved, up to the point where Yuzu tried coming back to on ice training, to me that's not quite right. I know Yuzu has his own ANA support team, and I think Brian has mentioned that there are usually JSF people around, too, but his coaches are still essential. And sometimes it feels like his team doesn't feel any need to involve the coaches in the process of Yuzu's preparation, which is weird to me. Brian seems really out of the loop sometimes. I'm not sure it's Brian's fault or Yuzu's, for that matter. Yuzu probably has the team in place precisely so he wouldn't have to think about things like that and so he can just focus on skating, strictly. I wish we knew more about this team of Yuzu's, to be honest, because some things are unclear and due to previous experience of being a fan of musicians - admittedly, a different breed altogether - manipulated and used by managers they trusted, a part of me worries a bit. Even that post Boston talk they had, I had imagined it as something just with Yuzu and his coaches, but it seems Yuzu's team was there, too, IIRC.

All that being said, there is no doubt in my mind that Yuzu cares about all three of his coaches very much and they are very important to him, not just for his skating, but also his mental wellbeing. So I'm sure if there are any issues, they have nothing to do with Yuzu being unhappy there. But I could imagine some communication issues, between Yuzu's team and the TCC team. Or it could simply be a case of "Oh, we thought you had told Brian!" "I thought you had told Brian!" "Oh, shhhh nobody told Brian! :sadPooh:" It happens...

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I can't help but think Yuzu might have felt for the first time since joining TCC that he had a coach who cared about him above all else and anyone else and that must be a great feeling, so I am not surprised that he became so attached to Ghislain so fast.

if its like that i wonder how Brian would have felt for not being chosen for such an important competition for yuzu. bc his answer indicates he clearly wasn't aware of it beforehand. but im sure they'll overcome this communication situ which happened before too. if only media and some journalists would stop taking advantage of this to create nonexistent rifts between them 

I'm actually kind of disappointed by how quick people are to start accusing Brian everytime something doesn't go quite right. He's been the target of fans anger so many times, from the first time Yuzu moved to TCC. Maybe he's not PR savvy, but that's not really his job. His job is to coach and he's a damned good coach. TCC is probably the best coaching environment in FS. But fans are so quick to start attacking them if ever something is not perfect. Until Yuzu comes out and talks crap about TCC and says he was disappointed in his coaches - which, let's face it, it's unlikely he ever will - maybe we shouldn't attack people close to him? It's natural to feel and express concern, but IMO, it's gone too far. Brian didn't steal Ghislain's passport and he didn't murder anyone. I'm almost surprised nobody went after Joseph and the other TCC kids because they dared have fun and post on instagram instead of sitting there lighting up candles and praying for their sempai. Yes, it wasn't ideal, but whether you like it or not, Yuzu is an adult and it was a difficult situation that I'm sure he learned a lot from and, IMO, it should have increased his confidence, because he did so well on his own.

I can't imagine how Brian must have felt being attacked like that and how Yuzu will feel having to face his coach and maybe apologize for the whole mess - because he's Japanese. Brian posted a picture with another student smiling. What a terrible crime...

1 minute ago, mokjakarma said:

I wish Brian just went with the flow of Yuzu's interviews to avoid further speculation. Yuzu's answers to why Brian was not with him was that Brian was already booked for other competitions and so he chose Ghislain whose schedule was free for GPF.

But we don't know that he didn't and Phil just didn't feel it was worth mentioning. Sadly, journalists do that all the time. I spent at least 15 minutes talking to the guy who wrote that New York Times article on Yuzu in 2017. All he wrote was that I was anxiously waiting for news after his injury. I spoke about how I liked Yuzu for his skating and his flow on the ice to a guy from Nikkan Sports. He asked me how Yuzu compares to famous men in Romania. My brain blanked, because I care for none, so I said I like him better. All he wrote was that I think Yuzu is much better than the famous men in Romania. My point is, journalists select statements that fit their agenda and ignore the rest. So while I can believe Brian said all Phil wrote, I don't believe that's all he said. (Even in TV interviews with Yuzu, you can see sometimes they cut his answers short and that annoys me so much, because maybe what they cut off was actually super interesting)

19 hours ago, Umebachi said:

My Iranian friend sent me this video which examines the camerawork and overall direction by Akira Kurosawa.  The level of detailed attention to all the different aspects of movie-making - from movements of individuals and groups to the use of nature as an integral part of the composition.  This reminded me of the pathway taken by Hanyu-senshu in continuing to refine every movement in his performance and embue it with emotional content through absolute technical control supporting his natural artistic flair.   

I found it particularly instructive to see the comparison of Kurosawa's filming technique with the scene from a recent Avengers film (don't know which - I don't watch them).  Despite the megamillion production facility, the supposedly dramatic scene appears wooden and clumsy, with unimaginative camerawork showing no understanding of how to create emotional connection with the audience.  A familiar feeling: fancy technique over artistry, masquerading as a masterpiece. 

@Henni147 Since you have been doing great video production - I would love to hear your views! 

Thank you so much for sharing this link!

I agree with pretty much everything being said in this video. When I edit a clip myself, the most important aspect for me is the movement itself. In my opinion it's a crime to change the camera angle or zoom in and out excessively during a spin or Ina Bauer etc. It completely kills the move. I wanted to punch every official cameraman in Torino this week. What they did to Notte Stellata is... well, no comment.

My impression is: the better your technical equipment is, the poorer gets the actual camera work. In many cases. Very few filmmakers can make something great out of all the gadgets and features and special effects they have compared to the 20th century. In my opinion the good old hand drawn and painted pictures in classical Disney films beat any kind of new pixar movie. When I rewatch The Jungle Book or Snow White, I can feel the love and attention to detail in every single frame. I'm very happy that Japanese animation studios didn't give up on hand drawing until today.

You're right that creating a figure skating program is comparable with the creation of a film. When you compose a skating program, you have to take care, how it appears to the audience. How can I translate the music into body movements? Which gestures and facial expressions should I use to transport my message? Which movements are meaningful, which ones superfluous?  In which corner of the rink should I land my jumps to leave the biggest impact? How can I build up suspense and make the program visually appealing? Yuzu pays a lot of attention to such details and that sets him apart from the rest.

The costume choice is one part of it, too. It makes a huge difference, if you wear an actual COSTUME that visualizes the theme of your music or just a casual black shirt. Yuzu's costumes are real eyecatchers and thoughtfully designed. Program and costume belong together.