General Yuzuru Chat

15 分, SparkleSaladさんが言いました:

I saw a poll and a discussion, not a final decision. also saw that they were going to contact organisers for advice, not to have them organise something official. I was also told by my friend that many fans thought they were trying to involve ISU directly and were against it for that reason as well. Maybe not everyone misunderstood but some definitely did and changed their minds once they realised ISU would not be involved. 

Someone also tried to spread false information about Yuzu having refused an airline acknowledging his birthday in the past (it was actually acknowledging his victory in Helsinki WC.)

Sending opinions is fine. That’s what the account was asking for in the first place. Going overboard calling fans egotistical and comparing birthday songs to racism and politics wasn’t. 

ETA I didn’t mean to suggest that particular account misunderstood anything. 

Before any discussion, there was a tweet about the original plan I mentioned. It was deleted while I was typing a reply. About the misunderstanding, I take your word for it. I guess there are always some unreasonable people. All I can say for sure is I haven't seen any of those twitters in Japanese even though I read almost all the twitters searched by  the words "羽生くん" and "羽生さん" for the past few days. (Of course, sadly I have already muted and blocked quite a few unreasonable people.) 

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Which brings me to: it would make more sense if the award was for best costume designer, not best costume. It would have more gravitas if you're celebrating someone's whole body of work rather than just one design.

Exactly! And some of Satomi's best costumes are not worn by Yuzu. Shoma has had some stunners, as have some of the ladies.

19 hours ago, mercedes said:

I thinkis this one?

18 hours ago, ICeleste said:

Live interview with Javi Fernandez. Streamed by IG user @ yuzuuzu. Translated from Spanish

- Fan questions about Yuzuru:

- Q: Can you tell us an anecdote with Yuzuru and something related to Spain and him?

J: The only time he's been here in Spain was during GPF Barcelona and I know he had a good experience then. Well, he should tell you about that himself, haha.

But I will tell you an anecdote: One time I went to practice -I don't remember which championship it was- and I forgot my training pants. And Yuzu told me that-.... -since I couldn't show up to compete in jeans!-, he lent me one of his pair of training pants. Not everybody does this! That's why I'm saying it.

- Question from a fan: Have you ever had a problem/quarrel with Yuzuru? Maybe because of envy? 

J: No, no, never. You mean, because one of us had lost and the other had won? Never.

Although sometimes.... (TN: he told these as funny/lighthearted memories, he kept smiling  fondly while speaking). While we were training for an important competition and well, one of us was angry and the other one was a little angry too...... *pause*... I mean, we never yelled at each other!!! (*Javi and the audience laugh*). It was actually like, "I don't wanna see! Don't look at me! Today is not my day!" *laughs*. That's normal in training, it happened between the two of us, between me and other people, and between him and other people as well. But yeah, no. it's just those moments when we thought "I want to skate well! Everybody else is skating well except me!" *imitates angry face* *laughs*

- Q: What do you think about the recent rule changes? You don't have to answer this...

- J: Don't worry, I won't get myself in trouble! *laughs*. Because I, too, also tell them (TN: ISU?) these things *smug face*

"There are good things and things that are disastrous right now. There are things that they try to solve, and stuff that hasn't been fixed. I believe the sport is evolving so the rules have to evolve too. I think +5/-5 GOE is a good start, since it make people consider "Is it better to do a good program instead of including very difficult jumps and thus ending up wiping the floor (TN: he means "having a splatfest")? 

One of the things I would change is the age and weight requirements to compete in each category. Because we have seen the arrival of too many 16-year-old boys and girls who win against everybody else, last 2 years in competitions and then they become good for nothing. Also, establishing a minimum weight limit, at this point is... (TN: I can't hear this part) that's it, I won't say anything else for now! *laughs*"

Other things:

- Javi wishes to become a coach someday and plans to bring his ice show to Latin America

- Javi said he never had any established psychological training before competitions.

- Javi has a great friendship with Plushenko. He told a really cute anecdote about how Plush saw him training at summer camp, when he was a kid. Plush always reminds him that he used to think Javi was a disaster back then ("he should find another hobby!"). Plush also tells him now that he would've never imagined back then that Javi would become such a good and accomplished skater

- He says his favorite thing about skating has always been the Interpretation (and "putting himself in another person/a character's shoes")

This interview just made my day. Thank you so much for the links and translation!! :1497158260_5GOE:

I try to imagine that moment, when Javi realized that he forgot his pants:

"Sh*t. That much about practice today..."

Yuzu (very intense thinking phase): "Javi, you can have my pants."

Javi: "Wow, really?"

<weird moment>

Yuzu: "... ... ... ya." :dontdothistome:

Also love the moderators in the show: asking Javi the totally innocent question, how many cast members ROI has.

Javi: 10-12, acrobats included.

"BUT IF YOU HAVE A FREE SPOT AND YUZURU HANYU CALLS YOU, COULD YOU GIVE HIM A ROLE THERE OR NOT?" :LOL:

"Of course I'd put him in the show. I don't know exactly where, but I'd put him."   Loool.

Me, catching up on this thread:

Spoiler

"Ooooh, yes, it'll be Zu's bday! Nice, we can sing for him!"

*see how quickly this turns into an actual, prolonged debate*

I am confusion.

I admit I didn't watch all of this year's GPs, but one of them happened on Alexia Paganini's birthday, and I am sure I did NOT hallucinate people singing for her (or perhaps it was the organiser playing the song on loudspeaker? a bit blurry on details) during the K&C -- I kinda like her, but would never know it was her birthday, had THAT hadn't happened. And it was completely okay, no body died, skaters didn't suddenly lose rotations, world didn't get upside down. Why when it's Yuzu, suddenly it is this "HUGE, very serious, definitely must be planned accordingly, cannot upset people, what if the birthday person themselves don't want it, the world might end for goodness sake" thing??

Ugh, fandom.

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Also love the moderators in the show: asking Javi the totally innocent question, how many cast members ROI has.

Javi: 10-12, acrobats included.

"BUT IF YOU HAVE A FREE SPOT AND YUZURU HANYU CALLS YOU, COULD YOU GIVE HIM A ROLE THERE OR NOT?" :LOL:

"Of course I'd put him in the show. I don't know exactly where, but I'd put him."   Loool.

Javier, stop joking and simply invite him!

General question, sorry if it's misplaced in this thread, but it seemed the most appropriate: do you know what happens with the unsold tickets for an event? do they always give them for free to sponsors and such? or does the arena remain unoccupied? It's shocking to the GPF has sold so few tickets for the competition days except Saturday. And I was wondering if they give the rest for free or they lower the price right before or what?

23 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Which brings me to: it would make more sense if the award was for best costume designer, not best costume. It would have more gravitas if you're celebrating someone's whole body of work rather than just one design.

9 hours ago, memae said:

Exactly! And some of Satomi's best costumes are not worn by Yuzu. Shoma has had some stunners, as have some of the ladies.

Honestly I think you could massively improve the whole awards thing just by tweaking the categories.

29 minutes ago, Paskud said:

But imagine Zuzu and Javier doing together flamenco program in Spain.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

That's my biggest wish...

Imagine a flamenco battle to Malagueña. Yuzu and Javi circling around each other and mirroring the moves. I bet my salary that Yuzu knows the choreo by heart :68468287:

Yeah. Dreams.