General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, kiches said:

I think in Marseille fans sang happy birthday after one of the practice sessions, but I think it happened to fall on his actual birthday.

I think the other alternative is to just wait until the gala to sing happy birthday, and maybe just hold up a birthday sign during competition.

Aww, all this reminds me of last year's GPF when we were making all sorts of birthday plans for him. We had the same discussion of if / when we could sing Happy Birthday to him. We were also thinking of bringing party hats and passing them to satellites and other fanyus to wear during the free skate and waving Happy Birthday banners. 

Here is a really cute compilation of all his birthday celebrations:

6 minutes ago, IceWings said:

Aww, all this reminds me of last year's GPF when we were making all sorts of birthday plans for him. We had the same discussion of if / when we could sing Happy Birthday to him. We were also thinking of bringing party hats and passing them to satellites and other fanyus to wear during the free skate and waving Happy Birthday banners. 

Here is a really cute compilation of all his birthday celebrations:

Birthday Banner(s) sounds cool. 

I have sent my opinion about NW9 to NHK through viewers voice online form. I just put it as we want fair and true information about events. I have asked them why they didn't dig deeper and find out about why the audience expressed their feeling the way they did. I told them that they have duty to the viewers/tax payers (well...my parents surely pay them enough ;D) to broadcast the truth and not fabricated version of the event. I believe many of the fanyus did the same thing as the way they tried to twist things to hurt both Yuzu and his fans is not right.

Regarding singing happy birthday, I definitely think it's a bad idea to do it after his skate. Firstly, we don't want to disrupt the next skater who will probably be warming up by skating on the ice covered with poohs anyway lol And even if you think it won't disrupt the next skater or that it will be quick, we can't predict how Yuzu's skate will go, so I don't think he will be in the right state of mind to enjoy his birthday being celebrated. Fingers crossed he does amazing /but/ if the skate doesn't go according to plan, I don't thinking singing happy birthday at that moment would be appropriate. During the kiss and cry is a no-no for me since he'll want to focus on watching the replays and we don't want to overlap singing with scores announcement. Also during that time, sometimes the coaches offer words of encouragement or even consolation, so I think it's important we don't interrupt that. Since it /is/ a competition after all, not an ice show or something similar, I personally think the best time would be at the end of his practice session. It's been done before and there seemed to be a good reaction. Also at the end of the victory ceremony when the medalists are skating around the rink is another option. I'm not sure if there's a gala, but if there is one then maybe after his performance or right at the end when he's leaving. 

I think it is important to remember that he is an athlete at the end of the day and not an idol. Of course he has achieved a celebrity-status, but during competitions I think there is certain etiquette that fans have to maintain, so imo the most important thing to remember when planning fan events, no matter how small, is that it doesn't disrupt his competitors which Yuzu himself would dislike. 

Hace 12 horas, Cuddlepuff07 said:

. If Nathan skates after him and Nathan loses, don't want to give Raf more ammo to complain and say that Nathan was distracted/intimidated by the singing.

Who gives a f*** what Rafael or Nathan have to say about it????? why would we attach that much importance to their words... They keep saying embarrassing excuses anyway like the "pooh psychological warfare" at PC

And about the judges possibly "lowering his score" due to the HBD song: they will either way. it's impossible for him to be more underscored than he already is

skaters are used to hearing loud cheers for Hanyu (and for certain other popular skaters), I don't see how this would be affect them any differently. i think it's underestimating his strong competitors to imply that they'd suddenly fail if they hear a HBD song.

13分鐘前, ICeleste說:

Who gives a f*** what Rafael or Nathan have to say about it????? why would we attach that much importance to their words... They keep saying embarrassing excuses anyway like the "pooh psychological warfare" at PC

And about the judges possibly "lowering his score" due to the HBD song: they will either way. it's impossible for him to be more underscored than he already is

skaters are used to hearing loud cheers for Hanyu (and for certain other popular skaters), I don't see how this would be affect them any differently. i think it's underestimating his strong competitors to imply that they'd suddenly fail if they hear a HBD song.

Yuzu may care and may not want to distract his competitors even a tiny bit. He may also not be in the mood to celebrate his birthday right after his skate. I think it is safer to do it in the victory ceremony or after practice.

9 hours ago, Tabby said:

Regarding singing happy birthday, I definitely think it's a bad idea to do it after his skate. Firstly, we don't want to disrupt the next skater who will probably be warming up by skating on the ice covered with poohs anyway lol And even if you think it won't disrupt the next skater or that it will be quick, we can't predict how Yuzu's skate will go, so I don't think he will be in the right state of mind to enjoy his birthday being celebrated. Fingers crossed he does amazing /but/ if the skate doesn't go according to plan, I don't thinking singing happy birthday at that moment would be appropriate. During the kiss and cry is a no-no for me since he'll want to focus on watching the replays and we don't want to overlap singing with scores announcement. Also during that time, sometimes the coaches offer words of encouragement or even consolation, so I think it's important we don't interrupt that. Since it /is/ a competition after all, not an ice show or something similar, I personally think the best time would be at the end of his practice session. It's been done before and there seemed to be a good reaction. Also at the end of the victory ceremony when the medalists are skating around the rink is another option. I'm not sure if there's a gala, but if there is one then maybe after his performance or right at the end when he's leaving. 

I think it is important to remember that he is an athlete at the end of the day and not an idol. Of course he has achieved a celebrity-status, but during competitions I think there is certain etiquette that fans have to maintain, so imo the most important thing to remember when planning fan events, no matter how small, is that it doesn't disrupt his competitors which Yuzu himself would dislike. 

I agree. Japanese fans on twitter were worried we might cause "meiwaku" (disturbance) to Yuzu and other skaters, and what's worse is that competitions are broadcasted live to the whole world. If his reaction is bad, the whole world would have a recorded video tape of what fanyus did wrong at a live competition. And if we are really unlucky, we might have the media writing bad press about the ill mannered fanyus. And knowing Yuzu and his Japanese culture, he would not want other skaters behind him to be disrupted by the happy birthday song during competition. The best time to do it would be before he leaves the ice after open practice. 

Competitions exist for all skaters. 

If Nathan's fans started singing happy birthday song whilst Yuzu was warming up on the ice before his music started, I would be furious at Nathan's fans.

They would feel the same anger towards us. Likewise. 

I hope no singing is done for wishing him a HBD. A competition is not the right place. Yuzuru is an athlete. Not a pop idol. This isnt his own venue, he is sharing it with other competitors for the sake of the competition. If it were his ice show, maybe. But that is not the case. I would be livid if another skaters fans did this and detracted from the competition and other skaters. I find it in poor taste and I would be mortified and embarrassed if any Yuzuru fans do this.

I dont consider myself a "fanyu", because by experience some fandoms can become toxic. I find it best to just enjoy who I like and engage periodically, but not get too invested...but the last thing any fan of Yuzuru needs is to give Yuzuru, and the rest of his fan community, a bad name by his fans actions.