General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

Cmon, the Happy Birthday song  lasts around 15 seconds. That's more or less how long it takes him to get up and bow after he finishes performing. It should not bother anyone. 

If the Pooh rain is allowed I don't see why this would be considered too distracting. 

If you did it while they're waiting for the scores to be tabulated, you could probably get away with it. 

35 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

If you did it while they're waiting for the scores to be tabulated, you could probably get away with it. 

I think it’s not good to sing Happy Birthday even if you start right after throwing Poohs because the next skater will already be on the ice, skating around.  I remember Nam saying that he had to skate around the Poohs at SCI when the flower girls were still collecting.  So even though the performance of the next skater hasn’t started, it may still affect the next skater.  

Probably better to do it after the trophy ceremony?  If Yuzu wins gold (please!!) then he will be so giddy and extra happy, and if he loses then it may help cheer him up a bit (it will also show him that we love him no matter whether he wins or loses and that we are never disappointed in him :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

Hi, just de-lurking to say that I agree that singing Happy Birthday to him right after his skate (if he's not the last skater) might not be a good idea. If Nathan skates after him and Nathan loses, don't want to give Raf more ammo to complain and say that Nathan was distracted/intimidated by the singing.

IMO, I don’t think Yuzu would want anything that separates him from the other competitors besides an incredible cheer for an incredible performance.  He’s never been an attention grabber during the competition and always courteous to other skaters. Even if he went last and *Bite my tongue* didn’t do well, he would still want the attention to be on the winner.

When they sang happy birthday even during practice last time, he was bashful.  But I loved that, and I think either end of practice or at victory ceremony is the right place and time to let him know that his fans love him.

1 hour ago, holina said:

I think it’s not good to sing Happy Birthday even if you start right after throwing Poohs because the next skater will already be on the ice, skating around.  I remember Nam saying that he had to skate around the Poohs at SCI when the flower girls were still collecting.  So even though the performance of the next skater hasn’t started, it may still affect the next skater.  

Probably better to do it after the trophy ceremony?  If Yuzu wins gold (please!!) then he will be so giddy and extra happy, and if he loses then it may help cheer him up a bit (it will also show him that we love him no matter whether he wins or loses and that we are never disappointed in him :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:)

I think doing it after the trophy ceremony, if he doesn't win, is worse than if they do it after his skate, maybe during the replays. It would definitely embarrass Yuzu to 'steal' the attention from the winner. As for singing after his performance, I get it why the skater skating after him might be affected, but in a way, it's no different from fans screaming - which they do anyway - or chanting the skater's name - like they did for Javi at 2015 GPF. And it's Happy Birthday, it's a sweet, happy thing. I doubt anyone but someone extremely bitter would really mind it, especially if it's kept at a respectful level and stopped as soon as they go "The score is" or whatever. People like Raf will always find some fact to manipulate to their advantage, so I'm not sure we should worry that much about it. But the key is to be as respectful as possible. And if by some chance it looks like the next skater IS affected, fade it out and stop it. (Although honestly, it's a good lesson in handling pressure.)

I am against the idea of singing Happy Birthday during the competition simply because it's A COMPETITION not a show. His Kiss & Cry time is for the skater after him to prepare for his performance. Yes, it would be like what they did for Javi at 2015 GPF which Yuzu very much minded and has been trying to keep his fans from doing. 

I think in Marseille fans sang happy birthday after one of the practice sessions, but I think it happened to fall on his actual birthday.

I think the other alternative is to just wait until the gala to sing happy birthday, and maybe just hold up a birthday sign during competition.

14 時間前, mokjakarmaさんが言いました:

Petition to ban everyone from interviewing yuzuru hanyu except shuzo matsuoka. Half kidding.

This is only my guess, but this year, Shuzo might keep asking Yuzuru about WR and Nathan during GPF. But they know each other well unlike other journalists, so fingers crossed for fun and smiley interviews as always :fingerscrossed: