General Yuzuru Chat

Sorry if this was already posted.  So much going on.  He is so articulate, wise, and honest.  I kind of felt bad for the other skaters for not getting questions, but I blame that on JSF.  They should have expected this and just given him his own press con or moderated better to have everyone get at least one question.

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I think, this victory at NHK is a really really wonderful birthday present for Ghislain.

I remember that in 2017 he made the trip to NHK with Yuzu alone in Brian's and Tracy's absence. (Brian was in hospital at that time, aye?) It must have been a really hard time for Ghislain to comfort Yuzu after his injury and give him wise advices in that difficult situation.

So this return in 2019 was very special for both Yuzu and Ghislain. The bond between them must be stronger than ever after everything they've gone through together.

I hadn't thought of that! No wonder Ghislain seemed to be watching and caring about Yuzu like a mother hen with one of so precious chick, and it also explains what he said even more - he knows how Yuzu was feeling going into this.

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I think, this victory at NHK is a really really wonderful birthday present for Ghislain.

I remember that in 2017 he made the trip to NHK with Yuzu alone in Brian's and Tracy's absence. (Brian was in hospital at that time, aye?) It must have been a really hard time for Ghislain to comfort Yuzu after his injury and give him wise advices in that difficult situation.

So this return in 2019 was very special for both Yuzu and Ghislain. The bond between them must be stronger than ever after everything they've gone through together.

:sadPooh: Yes. You are right. I as a fanyu got caught up in the pain and worry for Yuzu NHK2017 but Ghislain had to go through with the whole thing with Yuzu at that time without Brian and Tracy. How relieved and be proud Ghislain must be now. I am so grateful and thankful for having TCC team as Yuzu's support. No... you're making me cry now. 

14 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I agree. I think it was a huge relief for all four of them, too. They all must have had their share of guilt and regrets (because guilt isn't often rational).

I can imagine Ghislain might have felt like he should have tried harder to stop Yuzu from jumping.

Yuzu I'm sure has had tons of regrets for trying to force that 4Lz and if he hadn't done that, he likely would never have gotten injured.

Brian probably felt guilty just for not being there, even if he couldn't help it. As far as I remember he was out of the hospital, but not allowed to travel yet. In the last Team Brian book, he mentioned how the doctor was telling him he needs surgery and he was like: "No, you don't get it. I have to travel to China in a few days and to Japan a week later. I can't have surgery now, it's the Olympic season." It took some time before the doctor was able to convince him he didn't have a choice.

At the time, though, I admit I was a bit upset, because Brian couldn't travel, but Tracy was in Spain for some skating camp and I felt like... being with Yuzu should have been more important. But at the same time, I get it they couldn't cancel that on such short term. I'm sure she felt bad for not being there with Yuzu, too. On top of that, from the Team Brian book, I now know they were very worried about Javi, too, because after the Cup of China disaster, Javi went to Spain, instead of going back to Toronto and wouldn't return Brian's calls and messages. So I guess they thought Yuzu would be fine with Ghislain and in the mean time, Tracy could go to Spain, do the classes and also get Javi back on track, until Brian was finally allowed to travel and join them in Spain, ahead of IdF. They could hardly know what would happen in Japan. Much like Boston, it was bad timing and a lesson I think they learned well.

But yes, Ghislain probably had it worse, being with Yuzu, going with him throughout the whole ordeal, having to handle the press as well, as the coach. But I think that was also what brought them so much closer and also what made Ghislain so invested in Yuzu's recovery. It really sounds like he cares so much about Yuzu.

And on a more controversial note, I was just thinking last night, looking back on his attitude and the atmosphere around him before NHK, I sometimes wonder, if he wouldn't have psyched himself out of a second OGM if not for the injury. He seemed gloomy and a bit frantic in that Olympic season. Brian also said he was fixated on the lutz and Brian was fearing it was just like the loop again, where he would see nothing but the loop. So in a way, the injury forced him to re-focus and take things one step at a time. I do sometimes wonder how it would have been without that and there are times when I think his mind was not in the right place at all before the injury. But who knows, really. It was still incredible how he came back from that.

His strength is absolutely incredible. In a way I'm happy he's more open in talking about his struggles now, because it makes his achievements even more incredible, as he overcomes these things.

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I agree. I think it was a huge relief for all four of them, too. They all must have had their share of guilt and regrets (because guilt isn't often rational).

I can imagine Ghislain might have felt like he should have tried harder to stop Yuzu from jumping.

Yuzu I'm sure has had tons of regrets for trying to force that 4Lz and if he hadn't done that, he likely would never have gotten injured.

Brian probably felt guilty just for not being there, even if he couldn't help it. As far as I remember he was out of the hospital, but not allowed to travel yet. In the last Team Brian book, he mentioned how the doctor was telling him he needs surgery and he was like: "No, you don't get it. I have to travel to China in a few days and to Japan a week later. I can't have surgery now, it's the Olympic season." It took some time before the doctor was able to convince him he didn't have a choice.

At the time, though, I admit I was a bit upset, because Brian couldn't travel, but Tracy was in Spain for some skating camp and I felt like... being with Yuzu should have been more important. But at the same time, I get it they couldn't cancel that on such short term. I'm sure she felt bad for not being there with Yuzu, too. On top of that, from the Team Brian book, I now know they were very worried about Javi, too, because after the Cup of China disaster, Javi went to Spain, instead of going back to Toronto and wouldn't return Brian's calls and messages. So I guess they thought Yuzu would be fine with Ghislain and in the mean time, Tracy could go to Spain, do the classes and also get Javi back on track, until Brian was finally allowed to travel and join them in Spain, ahead of IdF. They could hardly know what would happen in Japan. Much like Boston, it was bad timing and a lesson I think they learned well.

But yes, Ghislain probably had it worse, being with Yuzu, going with him throughout the whole ordeal, having to handle the press as well, as the coach. But I think that was also what brought them so much closer and also what made Ghislain so invested in Yuzu's recovery. It really sounds like he cares so much about Yuzu.

And on a more controversial note, I was just thinking last night, looking back on his attitude and the atmosphere around him before NHK, I sometimes wonder, if he wouldn't have psyched himself out of a second OGM if not for the injury. He seemed gloomy and a bit frantic in that Olympic season. Brian also said he was fixated on the lutz and Brian was fearing it was just like the loop again, where he would see nothing but the loop. So in a way, the injury forced him to re-focus and take things one step at a time. I do sometimes wonder how it would have been without that and there are times when I think his mind was not in the right place at all before the injury. But who knows, really. It was still incredible how he came back from that.

His strength is absolutely incredible. In a way I'm happy he's more open in talking about his struggles now, because it makes his achievements even more incredible, as he overcomes these things.

Yes, I think it was very hard for all four of them in different ways. Yuzu was regretful for the forced Lutz attempt, Ghislain for not talking him out of it and Brian and Tracy for not being there. This injury probably brought them closer together than anything before. Yuzu said that he thought of the positive NHK memories (first quad and 300 point barrier) in the first place, but I'm sure, this competition brought up all the sad memories and fear as well... I'm very happy that Yuzu could exorcize all the demons from the past this weekend and qualify for GPF with two healthy ankles :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

PS: I had to laugh, when I checked my YouTube account today:

The view number of Yuzu's YOLO jump compilation suddenly increased by 3000 over night and I wonder why... :xD:

4 hours ago, Henni147 said:

PS: I had to laugh, when I checked my YouTube account today:

The view number of Yuzu's YOLO jump compilation suddenly increased by 3000 over night and I wonder why... :xD:

I saw a tweet referring to your video so no wonder :68468287: I love the quality of your video :)

22 hours ago, Veveco said:

Definitely could update that video ;)

22 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I saw a tweet referring to your video so no wonder :68468287: I love the quality of your video :)

Thank you! :10636614:

Yes, super mission #3 NHK 2019 should be in there, too :68468287:

If Yuzu decides to do some other spontaneous layout changes in the future, I will definitely edit a "YOLO jumps - part II" clip. You have my word. :xD:

EDIT:

Sometimes I really do believe that Yuzu is lurking here on the planet. On 8th April I had a dream and posted a detailed description of it here in the general chat. In this dream Yuzu was skating:

The music was a medley of [the two pieces] "Crystalline" and "Timeless". When I watched it, it made me feel that Yuzu wanted to make himself crystalline from outside and inside. Make his feelings accessible and understandable for everyone like an open book.

If this dream becomes reality in the future, I will probably faint... :ohmygod: