General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

Random question but i just started thinking, when did Yuzuru switch to EDEA Piano's? I'm pretty sure he used Ice Fly's before that? Did he switch as soon as they were released or...? 

Actually, now that i'm on the topic of boots, is there some kind of known history of the boots + blade combo Yuzu has used throughout his career? I know he uses the Pattern 99 revolution (parabolic? it's what the John Wilson people said on instagram in one of their posts about Yuzu from WC19, but on their website it just says P99 rev. so i'm not sure) blade, but when did he start using them? I'm imagining that there haven't been a lot (or very dramatic, i.e. switching the whole profile of the blade etc) changes at all or often (especially in his senior career, the natural progression of boots and blades as one develops is a factor overall), but i still think it's interesting. If the (however far back) information is available please share! 

I'm super interested in how he likes to sharpen his blades as well, but i think that's a bit too nerdy and something he probably won't reveal the details of (because i'm sure he knows the details, Yuzu doesn't strike me as the kind of skater that doesn't understand what he wants out of his blade) haha. 

Edit: Added sentence about Pattern 99's and progression through boots and blades as a skater develops. 

It's so hard to tell with his boots because he always has those covers on. xD I think the Piano switch was probably soon after their release, because he needed the heavy-duty support for so many quads. Maybe the 2016-2017 season?

For the blades, as far as I can tell he's been using the P99 Revolutions since the fall of 2011. The colours of the upper attachment parts have changed - first they were all silver, then the blades were silver but the attachments were black, and now of course he has ditched the silver blades and has all black. :D In the spring of 2010 he was still using something simpler, maybe the regular P99. He sends his blades all the way back to Sendai to be sharpened by the person who's been doing them for years and knows exactly how he likes them. If I'm not mistaken, this person happens to be Nanami-sensei's husband. There's a video somewhere of Yuzu visiting his shop.

7 hours ago, fyere0 said:

It's so hard to tell with his boots because he always has those covers on. xD I think the Piano switch was probably soon after their release, because he needed the heavy-duty support for so many quads. Maybe the 2016-2017 season?

For the blades, as far as I can tell he's been using the P99 Revolutions since the fall of 2011. The colours of the upper attachment parts have changed - first they were all silver, then the blades were silver but the attachments were black, and now of course he has ditched the silver blades and has all black. :D In the spring of 2010 he was still using something simpler, maybe the regular P99. He sends his blades all the way back to Sendai to be sharpened by the person who's been doing them for years and knows exactly how he likes them. If I'm not mistaken, this person happens to be Nanami-sensei's husband. There's a video somewhere of Yuzu visiting his shop.

it's a good thing he always has those boot covers on, because imo pianos are ugly :peekapooh:

24 minutes ago, shanshani said:

it's a good thing he always has those boot covers on, because imo pianos are ugly :peekapooh:

:xD: I can understand that haha a lot of people think that they are ugly, but I can assure you that when you're skating with them the difference is telling, well and you have to be way more focus on your lines because they're not really helping on that lol :headdesk:

Origin moves: chronological breakdown

(2.0 edition)

0:00 Starting pose

0:10 Mind blow

0:12 Headbang

0:25 Gong jump

0:29 Shotgun besti squat

0:31 Spell cast

0:47 Sci-fi beam jump

0:52 Opening spin

1:34 Violin play

1:48 Out-of-nowhere jump

2:11 Big jump

2:19 Archery

2:37 High kick combo   (SC only)

2:43 Pistol lunge

2:55 Hand grenade   (ACI only)

2:57 Top speed combo

3:13 Spiral

3:23 Final killer combo

3:31 THE Ina Bauer

3:38 Crowe flap hydroblading

3:42 ISU roulette spin   (SC only)

4:00 Final escalation spin

4:15 Ending pose

PS: I just realized that I really missed the hand grenade throw at SC :xD:

22 minutes ago, Fay said:

I guess Seimei is mainstream among juniors now :( 

Once again, ripped his exact music edit off YouTube. :) 

I'm not sure what her dress has to do with Seimei, with all the hearts on it. It looks more like something you'd wear for a playful jazz program. She's good, though!