General Yuzuru Chat

:offtopic2:

Does anyone remember when the Ghana chocolates with the Yuzu wrappers were going to be shipped? The Ghana page for ordering them is no longer available and I can't remember... I pre-ordered them and I think it was in November, but I'd like to have an idea when it might reach my proxy, as I'm thinking of ordering some other food stuff, to at least bring it all together... As reward for the info, I can take pictures of my chocolates whenever I get them :knc_yuzu2:

8 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I do agree with the idea of Yuzu doing something else next year, maybe something different, to shut up anyone questioning his versatility, and challenging himself to grow further at the same time, then bringing back Origin for Olys. Origin is pretty much his by now, anyway.

It's the biggest joke that people question his versality, when Yuzu himself says that versality is his biggest selling point (remember FaOI Kobe talk with Nobu).

3 hours ago, CaroSkate said:

I have just arrived in Japan today for NHK Trophy and decided to go to Nishikawa store nearby to see Yuzu poster.

I just wanted to see the poster and didn't plan to buy anything.

However, when a cute Yuzu is looking at you :winky:

it is so hard to leave without buying something, so I bought something cheap at the end.

:embSwan:

Hanyuconomy:whiteflag:

Welcome to Japan! Have a safe trip!

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

:offtopic2:

Does anyone remember when the Ghana chocolates with the Yuzu wrappers were going to be shipped? The Ghana page for ordering them is no longer available and I can't remember... I pre-ordered them and I think it was in November, but I'd like to have an idea when it might reach my proxy, as I'm thinking of ordering some other food stuff, to at least bring it all together... As reward for the info, I can take pictures of my chocolates whenever I get them :knc_yuzu2:

I found an announcement on their official site. It says they will ship the ordered chocolates on Nov. 25-26th as scheduled.

http://lotte-shop.jp/shop/t/t1186/

3 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

It's the biggest joke that people question his versality, when Yuzu himself says that versality is his biggest selling point (remember FaOI Kobe talk with Nobu).

I agree, but it's one of the things the recycling complaints touch upon. How he's supposedly settled into the classical style or whatever. I guess with more skaters touching upon more modern music, it seems to emphasize this, but of course, most of them choose to forget he established his versatility early on and has experimented with it before too. I'm not sure how many skaters have ever had, in the same season, two programs as different as LGC and H&L. A lot of the modern stuff skated on these days is very gray-feeling to me - blah and kind of depressing - so I actually don't mind Yuzu staying away from it. But a rock number a la Masquerade, or something playful like LGC or PW, I would welcome any time. (Or, I have been recently obsessed with a few songs from The Greatest Showman and I know some have been done, but I actually don't think I've seen any really GOOD take on The Greatest Show... but I'm not sure it's so much Yuzu's style, it'd be better as a group number, just with Yuzu in the lead...)

1 minute ago, sweetwater said:

I found an announcement on their official site. It says they will ship the ordered chocolates on Nov. 25-26th as scheduled.

http://lotte-shop.jp/shop/t/t1186/

Thank you very much! That gives me plenty of time to add some Sendai goodies to my pack lol Seriously, I wish someone had told me how good Hagi no Tsuki was lol I had always been meh about it, thinking it wouldn't be anything special, but OMG, it's so incredibly good! :ohmygod:

14 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I agree, but it's one of the things the recycling complaints touch upon. How he's supposedly settled into the classical style or whatever. I guess with more skaters touching upon more modern music, it seems to emphasize this, but of course, most of them choose to forget he established his versatility early on and has experimented with it before too. I'm not sure how many skaters have ever had, in the same season, two programs as different as LGC and H&L. A lot of the modern stuff skated on these days is very gray-feeling to me - blah and kind of depressing - so I actually don't mind Yuzu staying away from it. But a rock number a la Masquerade, or something playful like LGC or PW, I would welcome any time. (Or, I have been recently obsessed with a few songs from The Greatest Showman and I know some have been done, but I actually don't think I've seen any really GOOD take on The Greatest Show... but I'm not sure it's so much Yuzu's style, it'd be better as a group number, just with Yuzu in the lead...)

Thank you very much! That gives me plenty of time to add some Sendai goodies to my pack lol Seriously, I wish someone had told me how good Hagi no Tsuki was lol I had always been meh about it, thinking it wouldn't be anything special, but OMG, it's so incredibly good! :ohmygod:

I'm very happy that Yuzu brought back PW in the EX gala. Now he has a balanced set of totally different music styles:

Classical, calm and nostalgic SP with Otonal

Powerful, dramatic and fast FS with Origin

Playful, flirty rock EX with PW

Full range of styles in one season. And it's very likely that we will see even more styles in the upcoming EX programs.

You really cannot complain about versality this season.

EDIT: I remember how people were complaining that Chopin and Otonal are so similar...

Well, the choreographies of these programs are completely different unlike many skaters who change the music, but recycle the choreo from the previous season. So people should better shut up about Yuzu, versality and recycling.

42 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I'm very happy that Yuzu brought back PW in the EX gala. Now he has a balanced set of totally different music styles:

Classical, calm and nostalgic SP with Otonal

Powerful, dramatic and fast FS with Origin

Playful, flirty rock EX with PW

Full range of styles in one season. And it's very likely that we will see even more styles in the upcoming EX programs.

You really cannot complain about versality this season.

EDIT: I remember how people were complaining that Chopin and Otonal are so similar...

Well, the choreographies of these programs are completely different unlike many skaters who change the music, but recycle the choreo from the previous season. So people should better shut up about Yuzu, versality and recycling.

:wut:no really what were people listening/watching?the only thing these programs have in common is the blue shade of the costume and even not that much....and Yuzuru of course!

4 hours ago, lajoitko said:

It was Alexei Yagudin´s free program when he won the Olympics and WC in 2002. There are surely others too, but when I hear the music I remember his program.

Yeah, Man in the Iron Mask and Gladiator are such iconic Yagudin programs that it would be tough not to compare him with Yagudin if he chose one of these soundtracks, especially because he had quite distinct choreography (they include Yagudin's famous steps) and costumes and the fact that he skated them clean multiple times (and won big competitions with them). I love these OSTs, and although I would be curious to know how Yuzu would interpret them, I think in competition judges could not help compare the two programs. Therefore, I'm not sure he would be able to make this program his own as much as he did with Origin and Otonal. For Origin, Plushenko did not have a memorable choreography (mainly because he was a skater who worked more with his hands) and for Otonal, Johnny did not win a big title with it (like worlds or olympics) for the program to be remembered so well internationally.

2 minutes ago, vd_turnan said:

Yeah, Man in the Iron Mask and Gladiator are such iconic Yagudin programs that it would be tough not to compare him with Yagudin if he chose one of these soundtracks, especially because he had quite distinct choreography (they include Yagudin's famous steps) and costumes and the fact that he skated them clean multiple times (and won big competitions with them). I love these OSTs, and although I would be curious to know how Yuzu would interpret them, I think in competition judges could not help compare the two programs. Therefore, I'm not sure he would be able to make this program his own as much as he did with Origin and Otonal. For Origin, Plushenko did not have a memorable choreography (mainly because he was a skater who worked more with his hands) and for Otonal, Johnny did not win a big title with it (like worlds or olympics) for the program to be remembered so well internationally.

Whenever I read Yuzu's interviews about his hobbies, he seems like he mostly plays games, reads manga, studies, sometimes reads psychology books, but I've never really heard he watches films for fun. 

I've never heard him raving about favorite films so I imagine he is more of a gamer than a film buff. Which might be why he chose game soundtracks for EX like the final time traveler, because he gets inspiration from mostly games.

I think if Yuzu were to watch more films he might get inspiration to try new film soundtracks, but it seems the last one he really wanted to do was seimei.

I would love for him to do another film soundtrack, but I also have a feeling he might do origin for beijing if he goes. 

Is this a new quote or a bit of a mistranslation? It seems different from what he said previously, notably at Saitama (that he MIGHT go for Beijing IF he feels competitive enough, not sure yet, etc.) ? This one sounds a lot more affirmative. Just Olympics trying to hype Beijing2022? I'm not sure how much weight to put in this "quote"... :14066882:

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

1. Masquerade as a short program is my dream. I will probably love Seimei forever as his best program (to me it feels that it represents him the most), but Masquerade overtook Chopin, LGC and H&L this summer for me, it was just that powerful, it felt like Yuzu was showing his skills and prowess on a plate there.

2. [Sarcasm following] You mean to say that you did not appreciate Samarin's The Greatest Showman FP last year? He was expressing the music so well. [Sarcasm ended]. His costume was nice though, very movie-like. On the other hand, there were quite a few programs done in ice dance using the music from the movie. Some were actually good. And the gala from the Olympics was on the music from the movie, iirc.

34 minutes ago, Veveco said:

Is this a new quote or a bit of a mistranslation? It seems different from what he said previously, notably at Saitama (that he MIGHT go for Beijing IF he feels competitive enough, not sure yet, etc.) ? This one sounds a lot more affirmative. Just Olympics trying to hype Beijing2022? I'm not sure how much weight to put in this "quote"... :14066882:

I think the original quote includes an 'if' before the rest of that statement. something like 'I'll go, if that's where my path lies', was the gist of it.

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I'm very happy that Yuzu brought back PW in the EX gala.

My opinion as to why Yuzu brought back PW as his gala exhibition program is that he was taking this opportunity to exorcise all of his past Skate Canada International demons.

Yuzu skated PW as his short program in the 2013 Skate Canada International and did a less-than-perfect quad toe, but the killer was the triple Lutz that he popped into a single although he managed to add the combo toe. Remember how Brian tried to talk to Yuzu in the Kiss and Cry and Yuzu was having none of it?  He was totally inconsolable. He had this mega-kuyashi face and when Brian put his left arm behind his back, Yuzu looked back as if to say, "WTF are you doing with your arm behind my back?" He went so far as to jam his Winnie the Pooh tissue box between him and Brian.

Here is the 2013 SP PW with British Eurosport commentary:

6 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

My opinion as to why Yuzu brought back PW as his gala exhibition program is that he was taking this opportunity to exorcise all of his past Skate Canada International demons.

I thought the same thing :POOH: it seemed fitting to me that he used PW as an EX after his first SCI gold