General Yuzuru Chat

I strongly dislike the use of the term "recycle" in FS because it throws a negative connotation on repeats, like reusing an old article or second-hand clothing, Even when used in a neutral context, the very use of the term invokes negativity by inference.  

In Japan, the term used is "continuation" - 継続 - which does not carry any negative connotation.   For example, TV Asahi MCs were generally speaking about Hanyu-senshu's continuation of the programs from the last season.  Japanese term for recycling is "risaikuru" リサイクル - which is specifically used for recycling garbage.  The MC would surely be fired from TV Asahi if he were to refer to Hanyu's program as risaikuru garbage!!

:xD:

On this PH Forum, wouldn't it be nicer if we could talk about the "continuation" of programmes from the last season?  It would fit so much better with Ci "Continues with Wings" theme.

While it's cool to have a list of stuff he liked - and I didn't know it existed, either, I only knew about the supposed youtube account - his tastes at 16-17 might have little in common with his tastes at 25. I know my tastes changed quite a bit growing up.

On top of that, I'm not sure Yuzu now is interested in skating to music that has been skated to before (or if so, music that has been done rarely), Even Origin and Otonal aren't really widely done tracks, I think. We know he also likes Johnn'y Ave Maria, he could have picked that, for example. I think Yuzu is more interested in bringing newer music to FS. And by new I mean stuff that either hasn't been done before, or hasn't been done as much.

I do agree with the idea of Yuzu doing something else next year, maybe something different, to shut up anyone questioning his versatility, and challenging himself to grow further at the same time, then bringing back Origin for Olys. Origin is pretty much his by now, anyway.

6 hours ago, river said:

Edit: @rockstaryuzu I just went back and looked. It is indeed Chariots of Fire, which is 炎のランナー in Japanese. I am deeply concerned that he gave it a single circle.

:LOL::xD: Oh, Yuzu! What were you thinking? 

Thing is, Chariots of Fire is so slow. For skating, I think the tempo is all wrong. The only thing that would fit that rhythm, that Yuzu does on ice, is that one-foot pump into camel spin thing he does. And maybe a slow hydroblade and a very long Ina Bauer.... Okay, I guess that's almost a program. But none of the jumps would work. Where ( on what musical accent) would he put them? 

6 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Thank you for the photo. 

He really likes "Inochi no namae" (from anime movie spirited away) and some pieces from Man in the Iron Mask. And he seems to have mixed feelings for both Ben Hur OST and Lotr OST

This is an interesting music choice nonetheless. 

What's the name of the piece beginning with '12'? 12 something-something Tune? He marked it with a double circle. 

10 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

What's the name of the piece beginning with '12'? 12 something-something Tune? He marked it with a double circle. 

Something like 12 summer song

But I can't find it online. Hmmm. Maybe it's a ryuichi sakamoto song becaise he linked it with the Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence down below. 

I find it hilarious how he didn't really like The Shire Hobbit song 😂

Two different songs with 'Hana' in the title... 'Flower Faith' ? And the other one I can't guess. Something no Hana.. he likes both those

And... do my eyes deceive me or does one of those song title have the kanji for 'caterpillar' in it? 

Does anyone else find it extremely touching that he went to this much lengths to fulfill a fan request? 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Two different songs with 'Hana' in the title... 'Flower Faith' ? And the other one I can't guess. Something no Hana.. he likes both those

And... do my eyes deceive me or does one of those song title have the kanji for 'caterpillar' in it? 

Does anyone else find it extremely touching that he went to this much lengths to fulfill a fan request? 

The 12 song yuzu really liked, I researched and it came up at Chopin Fantasie collection

Which is probably this one

It's the closest song that came up on the search. 

The songs below are mostly famous JP songs

And yes, how nice of him. Wonder if he has time to do that nowadays? 

Also since he "really liked" 2 songs from Man in the Iron Mask, just curious to know.

Anyone know any skater who's skated to Man in the Iron Mask soundtrack before? 

8 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

It was Alexei Yagudin´s free program when he won the Olympics and WC in 2002. There are surely others too, but when I hear the music I remember his program.

Funnily the opening and that picking move before Yuzuru leans back in Origin has always reminded me more of this program than anything Plushy did  :embSwan:

I have just arrived in Japan today for NHK Trophy and decided to go to Nishikawa store nearby to see Yuzu poster.

I just wanted to see the poster and didn't plan to buy anything.

However, when a cute Yuzu is looking at you :winky:

it is so hard to leave without buying something, so I bought something cheap at the end.

:embSwan:

Hanyuconomy:whiteflag: