General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

There are benefits this year, namely that it’ll raise his world ranking and give him another opportunity to give any jumps he’s debuting more competition mileage before Worlds. Plus it’s unfinished business and he said he wanted to attend more competitions.

I would be glad if he did do it, the last time he did was 3 years ago. But isn't canada and korea far away? 

I would like if he did visit Seoul, since he's never been there before (although he probably can't tour around it, but still look outside from his hotel etc).

I was thinking because montreal is in canada, he might want to stay only in canada before worlds to focus on his training. 

Anyways, fingers crossed he is fit enough to do both. I'm just worried about getting tickets to 4cc if he goes, since the stadium is a bit small. 

This is how small the rink is by the way. The seats are very limited in number, but closer view to the actual skaters. Thus, making the tickets sell out even faster.

I think the rink is smaller than Skate Canada rinks by far. 

57 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

As for Nathan, I was thinking how in Sochi Season 13/14 he chose 2 GP assignments idf and SC to compete with Patrick (he said so himself in an interview) so he could get used to competing him in Sochi.

Yuzu is the type to get fired up when his competitors are there.

Also I know he didn't say anything about small stadiums, but I couldn't recall him competing in stadiums the size of Mokdong after Sochi. (Except for ACI). 

Even if he is healthy he still might not go to 4CC because korea is far from Canada + other reasons etc. 

From what I've seen Yuzu only chooses to go to 4CC if it holds major benefits for him, rather than attending every year (like 2017 4cc because it was the olympic stadium etc). 

I just don't know how we could take Yuzuru's GP assignments 5 years ago to make any predictions about him do 4CC this year or not.  Different situation, its not like he consider Nathan as the only competitors either. 

There's no sign about him not doing a comp because of small rink either. I think there's several skaters who hardly compete in small stadium like him. 

As for 4CC, I think people said enough, he often injuried during that time (2015,2016,2018,2019). The only year he skipped when he's healthy is 2014, but most of JPN Olympic skaters also skipped it. 

I hope he would do 4CC mainly because I wish him have a full healthy season, and he need to do a comp between Nats and WC. Also, he could finally get 4CC title. 

10 minutes ago, Katt said:

I just don't know how we could take Yuzuru's GP assignments 5 years ago to make any predictions about him do 4CC this year or not.  Different situation, its not like he consider Nathan as the only competitors either. 

There's no sign about him not doing a comp because of small rink either. I think there's several skaters who hardly compete in small stadium like him. 

As for 4CC, I think people said enough, he often injuried during that time (2015,2016,2018,2019). The only year he skipped when he's healthy is 2014, but most of JPN Olympic skaters also skipped it. 

I hope he would do 4CC mainly because I wish him have a full healthy season, and he need to do a comp between Nats and WC. Also, he could finally get 4CC title. 

Me too! I just googled how many seats Mokdong Ice rink has, and it said 5000 seats. (Although some of that will be taken by media crew + figure skating insiders)

so about 4500 ~ 4700 seats will be available for fans considering Japan brings a large media crew with them (camera man + announcers + sound crew + news crew etc).

That should be good enough I guess. Thanks for your opinion. Fingers crossed! 

:blinkblink:

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

There are benefits this year, namely that it’ll raise his world ranking and give him another opportunity to give any jumps he’s debuting more competition mileage before Worlds. Plus it’s unfinished business and he said he wanted to attend more competitions.

That last bit was most likely an allusion to all the competitions he's unwillingly had to miss in the last two years. He hasn't had a full competitive season since 16/17. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

I would be glad if he did do it, the last time he did was 3 years ago. But isn't canada and korea far away? 

I would like if he did visit Seoul, since he's never been there before (although he probably can't tour around it, but still look outside from his hotel etc).

I was thinking because montreal is in canada, he might want to stay only in canada before worlds to focus on his training. 

Anyways, fingers crossed he is fit enough to do both. I'm just worried about getting tickets to 4cc if he goes, since the stadium is a bit small. 

This is how small the rink is by the way. The seats are very limited in number, but closer view to the actual skaters. Thus, making the tickets sell out even faster.

I think the rink is smaller than Skate Canada rinks by far. 

The rink for Skate Canada this year only seated about 6500. And a lot of the seats were empty during the whole competition.  A 5000-seat arena will work just fine. 

Also, 4CC is usually the first half of February, World's this year aren't until a month later. Plenty of time for Yuzu to go to Korea if he wants to. 

I always knew that Yuzu is a top student in Hogwarts.

:7562096: He can apparate and disapparate.

:7562096: He is an animagus and transforms into a cat whenever he likes.

:7562096: He can successfully defy gravity.

Now he's even practicing the bubble-head charm to have enough oxygen for a 7 quad layout :xD:

7 hours ago, shanshani said:

But his world standing isn't bad. He lacks only 249 points to Nate and 184 to Shoma. And GP win gives you 400 points. So after NHK he should be above Nate and with Shoma - it depends how he will do at CoR. :)

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

But his world standing isn't bad. He lacks only 249 points to Nate and 184 to Shoma. And GP win gives you 400 points. So after NHK he should be above Nate and with Shoma - it depends how he will do at CoR. :)

Yay World Standing Number 1 I missed you 👍👍👍

I don't think he cares too much about standings that much. 

Hopefully he will do 4CC for the record of winning 4CC before he retires. 

20 minutes ago, Paskud said:
  Hide contents

We complain about US media, but no one creates unnecessary and dumb rivalry narrations as much as Japan media.

Well it's interesting because I feel like Jmedia sort of followed USmedia in that regard,but of course i have no evidence and I honestly don't know how to check who started first LOL

But regardless of that I think we all thought Yuzuru was going to repeat that miracle Olympic skate and win worlds,when Nate won and with that huge margin of a score US media probably couldn't believe their own eyes at how lucky they got to finally have the chance to push their own skater.

(general audience maybe don't know but FS fans knows how that score was simply ridicoulous of course and how Yuzuru won silver on half ankle basically)

I don't mind the rivality as long as it is on the icerink,I cannot wait for Yuzuru and Nathan to meet (as I cannot wait for the 3A at GPF at in ladies) but yep if things were scored properly things wouldn't be like this.

Then of course Yuzu's competitive strike was propbably pushed by Nathan scores(Zen-Yuzu was already terminally hill 2 secs into the SP at ACI 2018,by worlds he was dead and buried )but that strike has always been there ,I guess it's a part of who he is,I don't think he can help it.

Spoiler

I'm an idiot who wants to see the skaters fine and with no pressure added which is of course a fantasy,but correct me if I'm wrong,Jmedia in general seems always to bow down to foreign skaters so for once it would be nice to push their own team :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

A GP win is 400 pts but since they only counts 4 highest event, a win at NHK only give Yuzuru 148 pts. He would be above Shoma after GPF, as to be back at No1, it might be after WC 

--------

Spoiler

JPN media sometimes is the worst. Look at the way they praise russian ladies and look down on japanese ladies, theres a headline :" Russian ladies are untouchable, Japanese ladies bow down to them". You never see media use those words to Mao or Rika when they won. They would rather to promote Alina's dog than airing their skater's footages. 

3 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Nam talks about skating after Yuzu at 0:54 c: 

"There's no really, like, negatives" Nice! 

I noticed they had one for Yuzuru's gold too through a link from another video but apperently it was taken down (i wonder why).

US medi and JPN media, both goes extremes. Can't they be more moderate? However i understand US media more. They push their sportman's achievements while JPN sometimes put theirs down unnecesserily