General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, vd_turnan said:

I like the numbers, but secretly I hope there's a chance for him to have a GP in Europe again (somewhere where visa is not needed). I regret so much not trying for Helsinki last year, that I'm making every effort to go to the GPF this year. I don't know if I dare to say France (maybe if they fix their ice issues).

I think here in Europe we can happy that he went to CoR 2x in the past two years and Helsinki last year and that GPF will also be in Europe. 

(and if we go back in time GPF 2014-2016 + 2017 Worlds too)

Usually I find France the most unlikely GP for him. I think he only went to TEB in 2013 because Patrick was there and he wanted to compete against him :D 

12 minutes ago, TallyT said:

A quick cheer... exactly two weeks after it was uploaded, the official video Yuzu's free skate at SC has hit 200,000 views.  Abd I believe by adding up that the various uploads of his three programs is over a million....

ISU, listen to the people!!!

Also telling how Anna's video have 950k views with 4k likes and Yuzu's has 200k views with 10k likes lmao. If we add that 350k fancam views it would be the second most popular vid of ISU skating. Pity they didn't upload all those 2015 GPF vids, iirc they had a few million views and it wasn't even OG 

1 hour ago, Salior said:

Also telling how Anna's video have 950k views with 4k likes and Yuzu's has 200k views with 10k likes lmao. If we add that 350k fancam views it would be the second most popular vid of ISU skating. Pity they didn't upload all those 2015 GPF vids, iirc they had a few million views and it wasn't even OG 

950?? Do you mean 95? Trusova's SC has 126k and though I don;t like her, I think she is going to be the breakout from the trio popwise... still way behind our boy.

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

A quick cheer... exactly two weeks after it was uploaded, the official video Yuzu's free skate at SC has hit 200,000 views.  Abd I believe by adding up that the various uploads of his three programs is over a million....

ISU, listen to the people!!!

It'd be much higher if it wasn't geoblocked for so many countries :dry:

For the SC free skate alone, the various videos I found on YT (fancam, tsn, Japanese tv, etc.) have the following views: 365K, 167K, 99K, 89K, 77K, 74K, 63K, 59K, 52K (and I'm only counting the ones above 50k because they are many more). So above 1M even without  the ISU one and just for the free skate.

Hi guys, do you know if Yuzu has competed in relatively small ice rink stadiums post Sochi? 
I don't know the details, but if I remember correctly, he avoids small stadiums (except ACI) after Sochi because it will be too crowded and claustrophobic because he has huge following / fans. 

So that would mean he would avoid competing at 4CC this year, because I heard the Korean rink in Mokdong is reeeaaally small. I saw youtube videos of K nationals being held there and it would not be big enough to fill up Yuzu's japan and chinese fans who will flock to korea because of the close distance.

I'm wondering if Yuzu will avoid going to 4CC for this very reason. What are your thoughts on this?

30 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Hi guys, do you know if Yuzu has competed in relatively small ice rink stadiums post Sochi? 
I don't know the details, but if I remember correctly, he avoids small stadiums (except ACI) after Sochi because it will be too crowded and claustrophobic because he has huge following / fans. 

So that would mean he would avoid competing at 4CC this year, because I heard the Korean rink in Mokdong is reeeaaally small. I saw youtube videos of K nationals being held there and it would not be big enough to fill up Yuzu's japan and chinese fans who will flock to korea because of the close distance.

I'm wondering if Yuzu will avoid going to 4CC for this very reason. What are your thoughts on this?

There were some rinks that were relatively small, like at SC 2015 and 2016 or GPF in Marseille. Those rinks have around the same capacity as Mokdong in Korea. 

My opinion is if he thinks it would be beneficial to compete between Nationals and Worlds then he would go to 4CC, otherwise not.

1 minute ago, sallycinnamon said:

There were some rinks that were relatively small, like at SC 2015 and 2016 or GPF in Marseille. Those rinks have around the same capacity as Mokdong in Korea. 

My opinion is if he thinks it would be beneficial to compete between Nationals and Worlds then he would go to 4CC, otherwise not.

So he doesn't mind competing in small stadiums the size of Mokdong? But add the factor that Korea is close to Japan and China and then what you get is an extra claustrophobic stadium with packed fanyus. No to mention that Korea is relatively cheap to go to... 

I want him to go, but then I don't for the reason that the stadium is too small for the likes of yuzu

However I heard Nathan has exams during that period, so the likelihood of nathan going, and then hanyu following is very low