General Yuzuru Chat

Sometimes I watch the fans' actions and the skaters' results, and I wonder about karma in action for the fans....

• Like last year some Yuzu fans were attacking Shoma's +5 3A everywhere, and right after that Yuzu sprained his ankle in the next competition...
  • Some Shoma fans were badly criticising Yuzu for skating with a sprained ankle, and after that Shoma sprained his own...
  • Fans of Japanese ladies who hated the Russian girls for their "questionable techniques" had those Russian girls winning competitions and Japanese ladies slumping... 
  • Yuzu fans were tagging Nathan in tweets that criticise his skating, and next we know Yuzu lost to him in the Worlds...
  • Some fans who support Shoma were hiring part time workers to slander Yuzu online with targeted messages, and now Shoma is in a mess... 

I think in the end, no matter how bad the scoring is, there's still a standard of behaviour that we should not go below, that is we shouldn't shove our opinions in others' faces when they're celebrating their favourite skaters' success, or constantly remain in a pit of negative thoughts about those skaters.  The anger blinds us to stuff that they're good at, and pushes away the people we want on our side. Opinions remain opinions, and the only relevant party who needs to hear these opinions is ISU, not the skaters, not the fans (unless they ask about it). Being vindictive helps no one, it makes no friends who can give the much needed cooperation for changing things, it alienates the very people we want to convince. Sure being passive and meek does nothing, but imo aggression makes the situation worse, and will turn around to bite us over time.

22 minutes ago, Salior said:

Sometimes I watch the fans' actions and the skaters' results, and I wonder about karma in action....

• Like last year some Yuzu fans were attacking Shoma's +5 3A everywhere, and right after that Yuzu sprained his ankle in the next competition...
  • Some Shoma fans were badly criticising Yuzu for skating with a sprained ankle, and after that Shoma sprained his own...
  • Fans of Japanese ladies who hated the Russian girls for their "questionable techniques" had those Russian girls winning competitions and Japanese ladies slumping... 
  • Yuzu fans were tagging Nathan in tweets that criticise his skating, and next we know Yuzu lost to him in the Worlds...
  • Some fans who support Shoma were hiring part time workers to slander Yuzu online with targeted messages, and now Shoma is in a mess... 

I think in the end, no matter how bad the scoring is, there's still a standard of behaviour that we should not go below, that is we shouldn't shove our opinions in others' faces when they're celebrating their favourite skaters' success, or constantly remain in a pit of negative thoughts about those skaters.  The anger blinds us to stuff that they're good at, and pushes away the people we want on our side. Opinions remain opinions, and the only relevant party who needs to hear these opinions is ISU, not the skaters, not the fans (unless they ask about it). Being vindictive helps no one, it makes no friends who can give the much needed cooperation for changing things, it alienates the very people we want to convince. Sure being passive and meek does nothing, but imo aggression makes the situation worse, and will turn around to bite us over time.

I don't think that's how karma works. The skaters themselves did nothing wrong

24 minutes ago, Salior said:

Sometimes I watch the fans' actions and the skaters' results, and I wonder about karma in action....

The only thing i can call karma (if you want to call it that since it has nothing to do with shoma) in this is number 2 and 5 because there is ill wish and actions however others are not about skaters but judging. Critisizing juding (within its limits of not being disrespectful to the skaters) does not mean people are blinded by anger 

53 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

Yes it's true... ISU are now using Yuzuru's photo as a clickbait thumbnail just so another skater can get more views

QB2gwxm.png

Or ISU finally realises Yuzu is the icon of this sport and literally uses his image to represents their fs videos...?

9 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I don't think that's how karma works. The skaters themselves did nothing wrong

I'm meant in the perspective of the fans themselves 

9 minutes ago, Bilge said:

The only thing i can call karma (if you want to call it that since it has nothing to do with shoma) in this is number 2 and 5 because there is ill wish and actions however others are not about skaters but judging. Critisizing juding (within its limits of not being disrespectful to the skaters) does not mean people are blinded by anger 

Yea but there's ways to criticise judging without going into everyone of their fan's tweets and saying "how can you celebrate when their technique is so bad" things like that, I don't think these people are criticising judging as much as wanting to make their anger known to those skaters' fans.