General Yuzuru Chat

25 minutes ago, monchan said:

ITL are made by fans and all of their talks so far have been just about their own opinions, NEITHER technically focused NOR about "fair" scoring. So you just take it for fun. There's no podcast or commentary that's completely/rather fair.

I don't take any podcast/commentary seriously. I'm not sure why ppl like that (none of them is fair btw), except you wanna hear ppl shower skaters with excessive compliments (which I don't buy lol).

I’m not really sure why people listen to these podcasts/shows either. I guess I never saw the appeal.

I still think we should make our own though. :P Who’s down?

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

can't believe anyone thought that was appropriate to tweet...

Yea disgusting people, they do that kind of sh*t on regular basis for the attention, and seemed to love it when people get angry in the replies. I swear they only wanted to provoke tweet replies so their twitter engagement rating go up or something. Can’t believe so many people still follow them after that. They seem to think it’s ok because “freedom of speech”, they really remind me of Trump followers 

8 minutes ago, Salior said:

wow didn’t know the 4CC curse went back so long, this is crazy coincidence 

though maybe they just peaked too early and went downhill after that? Spooky. Didn’t seem to apply to Euro tho

The curse reaches back even longer actually. Takahito Mura won 4CC in 2014, but wasn't even selected for Japan's Worlds team.

2013 Keven Reynolds finished 1. at 4CC (beat Yuzu there by 4 points), but only 5. at Worlds.

Patrick was literally the last skater to win 4CC and Worlds the same year in 2012. That was 7 years ago...

In 2015 Denis Ten won 4CC and finished 3. at Worlds, so he was the last skater to make the podium in both events at least.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

YuzuPod? :P

Yes. It could have these segments:

Yuzu updates

Competition review

Random topic of interest (eg. Judging bias, gender norms and figure skating, how spins are leveled, whatever technical, cultural, or scoring related issue suits our fancy)

19 minutes ago, Salior said:

Sounds like these members are long time TSL fans and had only been listening to their commentary most of their lives... so they volunteer and spread on their limited knowledge about skating commentary ... Sounds too much like them not to be suspicious, even the format, time spent, content and target of criticism seem too familiar to be coincidence...

Ah birds of a feather flock together, seems like the podcast scene had self selected to be glutted with these opinionated people. What a pity, I thought they could be different. Their initial podcasts were quite good too. Sigh

They're not. I can't believe I have to defend them but ITL is much better than TSL. I would say their twitter content is good, quite fast and professtional.  I stop listening these kind of podcast for long. I only read the newest ep's transcipt because I read some complaint on twitter. 

Just now, Henni147 said:

The curse reaches back even longer actually. Takahito Mura won 4CC in 2014, but wasn't even selected for Japan's Worlds team.

2013 Keven Reynolds finished 1. at 4CC (beat Yuzu there by 4 points), but only 5. at Worlds.

Patrick was literally the last skater to win 4CC and Worlds the same year in 2012. That was 7 years ago...

In 2015 Denis Ten won 4CC and finished 3. at Worlds, so he was the last one to podium at least.

wtf 😂😂😂 poor Mura

now I’m scared.... Yuzu do your magic plz....

3 minutes ago, Salior said:

It really is a pity though, there already isn’t much of a devoted technical skating media scene for beginners to learn about skating beyond tv commentaries / websites, and more of them are devoluting into hate pits like the rest....

Yeah, most ppl start watching skating with those commentary, they are brainwashed even before getting to know anything about skating.

6 minutes ago, Katt said:

I don't think anyone take it too seriously but we can disagree with their opinion because its a publish content. I mean we can agree and disagree with each other on this forum, why can't we can't complain about ITL ? At least on their website, nowhere they imply that their podcast is for fun, so what's wrong with some people take it more serious than others ? 

Ofc ppl can complain about their podcasts. I just feel the more serious ppl take it, the more attention it gets, which isn't worth it. Like I hope ppl should just stop listening to TSL, but well, they'd rather listen to it and complain than stop giving them views :knc_brian3:

Just now, Katt said:

They're not. I can't believe I have to defend them but ITL is much better than TSL. I would say their twitter content is good, quite fast and professtional.  I stop listening these kind of podcast for long. I only read the newest ep's transcipt because I read some complaint on twitter. G

I mean TSL have straight up said/done scummy things. That goes far beyond complaining about Yuzu’s scores or whatever.

21 minutes ago, monchan said:

ITL are made by fans and all of their talks so far have been just about their own opinions, NEITHER technically focused NOR about "fair" scoring. So you just take it for fun. There's no podcast or commentary that's completely/rather fair.

I don't take any podcast/commentary seriously. I'm not sure why ppl like that (none of them is fair btw), except you wanna hear ppl shower skaters with excessive compliments (which I don't buy lol).

But they do shower excessive compliment for other skater, just that they also double down on the negative stuff for Yuzu. My problem with this podcast is that they influence what other people think about Yuzu, and i've seen some antis use their words. I just wish for them to be more fair. If they want to complain about GOE, what about Nate's who they were talking about literally a second ago (for example that video of both of them doing the exact turn out of the jump but one getting positive goe instead and sooo many more) or even Nam who was getting candies left and right? I'm not saying Yuzu should be free from criticism, but if you want to complain about GOE shouldn't you complain about everyone else's too to be fair? They're creating the narrative of Yuzu being overscored in GOE just because of that combo when literally OTHER SKATERS have been scored like that for a while (overscored in GOE) but they never say anything about it.

10 minutes ago, luminescenry said:

But they do shower excessive compliment for other skater, just that they also double down on the negative stuff for Yuzu. My problem with this podcast is that they influence what other people think about Yuzu, and i've seen some antis use their words. I just wish for them to be more fair. If they want to complain about GOE, what about Nate's who they were talking about literally a second ago (for example that video of both of them doing the exact turn out of the jump but one getting positive goe instead and sooo many more) or even Nam who was getting candies left and right? I'm not saying Yuzu should be free from criticism, but if you want to complain about GOE shouldn't you complain about everyone else's too to be fair? They're creating the narrative of Yuzu being overscored in GOE just because of that combo when literally OTHER SKATERS have been scored like that for a while (overscored in GOE) but they never say anything about it.

I think this is turning into something like the antivaxx movement, they don’t care that they’re not right or that they have no basis in their opinion, they just want to feel special by holding the “unpopular” opinion, and having an echo chamber to validate their “uniqueness” for knowing something the mainstream people don’t

1 hour ago, luminescenry said:

Independent from other skaters you cannot really complain about overscoring in Yuzu's case. He is one among really few skaters who regularly hits 4-5 bullets with his jumps and other elements. At least. Good height and distance, difficult entry, good take-off and landing, good body position... these are all totally objective and measurable quality aspects of a jump. I don't take any person seriously, who calls Yuzu overscored without any detailed reasoning or evidence.

EDIT: In the presence of some truly overscored skaters it's literally not possible to overscore Yuzu anymore.

11 minutes ago, luminescenry said:

That's why I said no podcast is "fair", but ppl always expect them to be fair. I'm not sure about their intention, but seems like they have good reputation from the start and many fans trust their opinions? Yikes. You can complain on their websites or PM, and see how they perceive. If they can accept criticism and adjust, it's good, otherwise, just ignore.

12 minutes ago, monchan said:

Ofc ppl can complain about their podcasts. I just feel the more serious ppl take it, the more attention it gets, which isn't worth it. Like I hope ppl should just stop listening to TSL, but well, they'd rather listen to it and complain than stop giving them views :knc_brian3:

TSL is unbearable. I also hope people would stop giving them any view but well. I don't take any podcast too seriously, but hey, give people one day to rant and forget it all tomorrow :laughing: I'm about to send a comment to their website but connection issue happened and well, I will watch origin and go to sleep :laughing: