General Yuzuru Chat

Yeah :/ I was really surprised since I followed ITL on twitter and I thought some complains were exaggerated but they really did just keep talking about his too high goe (like seriously have you even see his competitors goe and pcs??? And you want complain about yuzu's???) Without saying anything nice about his program. I'll be fine if they actually speak like this about all the competitors, but they're just focusing on his mistakes while praising everyone else.

10 minutes ago, Salior said:

Also I completely forgot about 4CC... will Yuzu get his first 4CC gold this year as well? Makes a nice addition to his first SC gold...

As long as the 4CC champion curse doesn’t affect him, can’t get over how Nathan Boyang and Shoma flopped the Worlds after winning 4CC the last few seasons... 

Considering that Mushy likes to break his curses in the most dramatic way, he will probably land first 4a at 4cc.;)

And then break 4cc gold curse and Canadian silver curse at worlds.:devil3:

Just now, luminescenry said:

Yeah :/ I was really surprised since I followed ITL on twitter and I thought some complains were exaggerated but they really did just keep talking about his too high goe (like seriously have you even see his competitors goe and pcs??? And you want complain about yuzu's???) Without saying anything nice about his program. I'll be fine if they actually speak like this about all the competitors, but they're just focusing on his mistakes while praising everyone else.

Yeah, the extent to which Yuzu benefits from reputation bias is no more than someone like Nathan benefits. You could argue that his GOE was too high for the SP combo (and I would agree), but that’s pretty much par for the course for the top skaters. All of them get deducted less for bad landings. Not to mention, there’s that gif comparing Yuzu and Nate’s identical turn out errors, where Yuzu is -0.15 and Nate is +0.84.

16 minutes ago, luminescenry said:

ITL has alot of members and hosts and some of them are abit weird. Last year they went after Yuzuru's ACI otonal with multiples complaints about choreo, he's not underscored because his program is not complete for the 1st comp, as if everyone's program are perfect at the beginning of the season. I'm not gonna lie, his goe for the combo is abit too high, but when they spend 70% of time to complain about that, 20% to suprise that he got stsq4 and 10% to ok that 4Flo3F is nice, it doesn't look good. Once in a long time he has higher score than expect and they act its a crime. No one say Yuzuru is free from criticism but some balance is need. No wonder that judges/media has double standard on him, even some "fans" have it. 

45 minutes ago, Salior said:

Also I completely forgot about 4CC... will Yuzu get his first 4CC gold this year as well? Makes a nice addition to his first SC gold...

As long as the 4CC champion curse doesn’t affect him, can’t get over how Nathan Boyang and Shoma flopped the Worlds after winning 4CC the last few seasons... 

You can add PChiddy 2016 as well:

Skater (Season) 4CC result WC result
Shoma Uno (2019)

Boyang Jin (2018)

Nathan Chen (2017)

Patrick Chan (2016)

EDIT: The fact that Nathan finished only 6. in Helsinki with a total score +290 is so spooky. Definitely the highest global quality at Worlds ever. Yuzu can be really proud that he won that insane event with four skaters scoring above 300.

Yuzu is breaking so many curses right now. Can't be a big deal for him to break global skating curses as well :goat:

11 minutes ago, luminescenry said:

ITL are made by fans and all of their talks so far have been just about their own opinions, NEITHER technically focused NOR about "fair" scoring. So you just take it for fun. There's no podcast or commentary that's completely/rather fair.

I don't take any podcast/commentary seriously. I'm not sure why ppl like that (none of them is fair btw), except you wanna hear ppl shower skaters with excessive compliments (which I don't buy lol).

5分鐘前, Katt說:

ITL has alot of members and hosts and some of them are abit weird. Last year they went after Yuzuru's ACI otonal with multiples complaints about choreo, he's not underscored because his program is not complete for the 1st comp, as if everyon's program is perfect at the beginning of the season. I'm not gonna lie, his goe for the combo is abit too high, but when they spend 70% of time to complain about that, 20% to suprise that he got stsq4 and 10% to ok that 4Flo3F is nice, it doesn't look good. Once in a long time he has higher score than expect and they act its a crime. No one say Yuzuru is free from criticism but some balance is need. No wonder that judges/media has double standard on him, even some "fans" have it. 

Agree. I was disappointed in them and they make TSL a bigger Yuzu fan this time.:emoticonaci2019:

1 minute ago, monchan said:

ITL are made by fans and all of their talks so far have been just about their own opinions, NEITHER technically focused NOR about "fair" scoring. So you just take it for fun. There's no podcast or commentary that's completely/rather fair.

I don't take any podcast/commentary seriously. I'm not sure why ppl like that (none of them is fair btw), except you wanna hear ppl shower skaters with excessive compliments (which I don't buy lol).

Implying that Mushy is overscored isn't "fun" talk.

8 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Implying that Mushy is overscored isn't "fun" talk.

"Fun" for some ppl, prob they think it's fun to talk about. It's not like they make podcasts exclusively for Fanyus. If you take it serious ofc it's not "fun". But as I said, don't take it serious. Why take podcast and commentary serious when they are not from the start?

The nature of media is attention seeking. It's not worth taking it serious and bring it into discussion. Like with TSL, NBC, or any commentary, it's best just to acknowledge its bad intention and ignore.

22 minutes ago, Katt said:

ITL has alot of members and hosts and some of them are abit weird. Last year they went after Yuzuru's ACI otonal with multiples complaints about choreo, he's not underscored because his program is not complete for the 1st comp, as if everyone's program are perfect at the beginning of the season. I'm not gonna lie, his goe for the combo is abit too high, but when they spend 70% of time to complain about that, 20% to suprise that he got stsq4 and 10% to ok that 4Flo3F is nice, it doesn't look good. Once in a long time he has higher score than expect and they act its a crime. No one say Yuzuru is free from criticism but some balance is need. No wonder that judges/media has double standard on him, even some "fans" have it. 

Sounds like these members are long time TSL fans and had only been listening to their commentary most of their lives... so they volunteer and spread on their limited knowledge about skating commentary ... Sounds too much like them not to be suspicious, even the format, time spent, content and target of criticism seem too familiar to be coincidence...

Ah birds of a feather flock together, seems like the podcast scene had self selected to be glutted with these opinionated people. What a pity, I thought they could be different. Their initial podcasts were quite good too. Sigh

11 minutes ago, monchan said:

"Fun" for some ppl, prob they think it's fun to talk about. It's not like they make podcasts exclusively for Fanyus. If you take it serious ofc it's not "fun". But as I said, don't take it serious. Why take podcast and commentary serious when they are not from the start?

The purpose of media is attention seeking. It's not worth taking it serious and bring it into discussion. Like with TSL, NBC, or any commentary, it's best just to acknowledge its bad intention and ignore.

It really is a pity though, there already isn’t much of a devoted technical skating media scene for beginners to learn about skating beyond tv commentaries / websites, and more of them are devoluting into hate pits like the rest....

18 minutes ago, CaroSkate said:

Agree. I was disappointed in them and they make TSL a bigger Yuzu fan this time.:emoticonaci2019:

They defnitely better than TSL, quite professional with their content on twitter. I would say its better to follow them on twitter for FS news, as for their podcast' content, its about 5/10

13 minutes ago, monchan said:

I don't think anyone take it too seriously but we can disagree with their opinion because its a publish content. I mean we can agree and disagree with each other on this forum, why can't we can't complain about ITL ? At least on their website, nowhere they imply that their podcast is for fun, so what's wrong with some people take it more serious than others ? 

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

They defnitely better than TSL, quite professional with their content on twitter. I would say its better to follow them on twitter for FS news, not sure about their podcast because the quality is not high (I"m not talking about this ep, I'm listened to 15 eps before I decide to stop following them)

I don't think anyone take it too seriously but we can disagree with their opinion because its a publish content. I mean we can agree and disagree with each other on this forum, why can't we can't complain about ITL ? At least on their website, nowhere they imply that their podcast is for fun, so what's wrong with some people take it more serious than others ? 

Yea at least their twitter isn’t a gossip center like TSL, I swear TSL only post about trashing costumes, validating bigoted fans opinions and calling Alina being named after Putin’s mistress... 

30 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

You can add PChiddy 2016 as well:

Skater (Season) 4CC result WC result
Shoma Uno (2019)

Boyang Jin (2018)

Nathan Chen (2017)

Patrick Chan (2016)

EDIT: The fact that Nathan finished only 6. in Helsinki with a total score +290 is so spooky. Definitely the highest global quality at Worlds ever. Yuzu can be really proud that he won that insane event with four skaters scoring above 300.

Yuzu is breaking so many curses right now. Can't be a big deal for him to break global skating curses as well :goat:

wow didn’t know the 4CC curse went back so long, this is crazy coincidence 

though maybe they just peaked too early and went downhill after that? Spooky. Didn’t seem to apply to Euro tho

didn’t realise the significance of Yuzu’s 2017 win until you pointed it out! Insane indeed. That’s why imo Yuzu’s scores is better than Nate’s at the 2019 splatfest...