General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, monchan said:

I've just seen this video... Very well made. I think 4CC's FP is the most legendary :LOL: (Shame they didn't give him the deserved win :emoticonaci2019_2:)

Only Yuzu. when you watch stuff like this, you get a bit of a feeling that he's sometimes chaos personified on the ice. I wouldn't want to be Brian at rinkside for these....hard on the nerves

12 hours ago, monchan said:

I've just seen this video... Very well made. I think 4CC's FP is the most legendary :LOL: (Shame they didn't give him the deserved win :emoticonaci2019_2:)

Waah!! Thank you, I'm happy that you like this video :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

I needed 3 months research + material collection and another 3 months for the editing. It was really tricky to visualize and explain what happened in Yuzu's brain during the performances. Originally there was only text, no sidebar with the program layout. I tried like 20 different options and asked multiple volunteers to test the reading time etc. Finally I had to match everything with the music. So yeah, it was a very long and demanding project, but definitely worth it.

#Footnote: Halfway my editor looked chaotic like this :xD:

5ezl0cd.png

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Waah!! Thank you, I'm happy that you like this video :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

I needed 3 months research + material collection and another 3 months for the editing. It was really tricky to visualize and explain what happened in Yuzu's brain during the performances. Originally there was only text, no sidebar with the program layout. I tried like 20 different options and asked multiple volunteers to test the reading time etc. Finally I had to match everything with the music. So yeah, it was a very long and demanding project, but definitely worth it.

#Footnote: Halfway my editor looked chaotic like this :xD:

5ezl0cd.png

Oh that's your video? +5 GOE for quality and effort. I can tell instantly it took great work to edit. Everything is on point, easy to follow and entertaining too. I also checked your yt channel and like your FS videos a lot, esp Yuzu's signature moves. Anticipate your next production in Yuzu's series.

5 minutes ago, monchan said:

Oh that's your video? +5 GOE for quality and effort. I can tell instantly it took great work to edit. Everything is on point, easy to follow and entertaining too. I also checked your yt channel and like your FS videos a lot, esp Yuzu's signature moves. Anticipate your next production in Yuzu's series.

:thanks:

I'm still working on the collection of Yuzu's spin positions. I have the concept and the material (to most parts at least), but I still haven't decided about the edit/composition yet.

I tried out so many different variations already... group the spins in basic/non-basic positions... or ISU codes (CSSp, CCoSp, FCSp, etc.)... or chronologically when he first brought them in competition/gala... Overall I prefer option 1, but it's really hard to split the video footage of a combo spin into the different positions (especially if they only have 2-3 revolutions each).

So it will take some time...

Made this demographics map, spent too much time on it to not share

Full zoomable map here: https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/NZJim/13/ 

uehc4o.png   

Sources

Here's the demographic for twitter,

Here's the demographic for FB, 

Here's some more countries from Youtube, done during the birthday project in 2016.

Here's a survey from the 2019 fan book 

Here's the PH one. 

On 11/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, yuzuangel said:

So out of curiosity I looked at the self-selected country tags of each user (although we only started having the tag like, a couple of months in, so half of the users on PH never filled out a country tag). The tag is what displays your flag underneath your avatar.

It's very interesting, 1481 people have filled out a tag (not including those who chose to leave the field blank), and we are from 88 different countries :D The most number of members are from the United States, but over half of our members are from Asia.

(Long graph is long so click to zoom in.)

Av2h7hX.png

3sUZ2d0.png

The largest Chinese Yuzu fan group on Weibo has 619k members (Yuzuru Infostation), 72k subscribers on their bilibili channel.

Second largest Weibo is Yuzurink at 232k followers and 75k subscribers on bilibili 

9 hours ago, Henni147 said:

:thanks:

I'm still working on the collection of Yuzu's spin positions. I have the concept and the material (to most parts at least), but I still haven't decided about the edit/composition yet.

I tried out so many different variations already... group the spins in basic/non-basic positions... or ISU codes (CSSp, CCoSp, FCSp, etc.)... or chronologically when he first brought them in competition/gala... Overall I prefer option 1, but it's really hard to split the video footage of a combo spin into the different positions (especially if they only have 2-3 revolutions each).

So it will take some time...

Oh, so that's you! I think I've subscribed to your channel. Love your vids.