General Yuzuru Chat

29 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I don't mean to be one of THOSE fans but I feel like this is a clever way of using Yuzu to promote their products without actually being required to pay him anything  :dry:

But it's better to be positive about these things so I'll take comfort in the likelihood that Yuzu himself would be delighted

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

These Poohs are absolutely adorable! :dancingpooh:

There's also a Yuzu Pooh tissue holder! It looks so fluffy and soft and cuddly! :heartpound:

Now Pooh gets to hold Yuzu for a change. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

And the keychain Pooh is so, so, so cute! I wanna have all of them! :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

If there's one thing I can say for sure about Disney is that they really know how to do business and marketing.

There is no doubt they did it for the Hanyu-conomy LOL.

Also guys wanted to share a news with you: there is a new "Ambesi winter corner" which is basically an interview with Max in which he talks about the GP season this year, shares his opinions and so on, and so far I don't think it has been translated - it was out since just two days ago. 

If people here are interested, I think I can translate it during the day! 

It's this one right here:

https://www.oasport.it/2019/10/ambesi-winter-corner-da-yuzuru-hanyu-ad-alena-kostornaia-tanti-buoni-motivi-per-seguire-il-grand-prix/?fbclid=IwAR2-GVi7wA3ExpOO48AX0Yqr-AYo3agU_pnH0SEEve7VZ1wGl2rWzuMSX8E

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

These Poohs are absolutely adorable! :dancingpooh:

There's also a Yuzu Pooh tissue holder! It looks so fluffy and soft and cuddly! :heartpound:

Now Pooh gets to hold Yuzu for a change. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

And the keychain Pooh is so, so, so cute! I wanna have all of them! :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffBcXo1qid2nw:

If there's one thing I can say for sure about Disney is that they really know how to do business and marketing.

ME WANTS

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

They sure do. Without having to pay any endorsement fees. Very slick.

They are definitely cute and Yuzu may or may not be delighted, but I’m not sure I can be as positive as @Old Cat Lady.

I just found out about Eurovision, now I can't get the image of Yuzu dancing to Koi at Asiavision out of my head....

(from the comments it seemed like the winners are invited to host, not has to host, and a majority of the entries are serious and good songs. but my favourites are the trolls lol) 

54 minutes ago, Salior said:

I just found out about Eurovision, now I can't get the image of Yuzu dancing to Koi at Asiavision out of my head....

(from the comments it seemed like the winners are invited to host, not has to host, and a majority of the entries are serious and good songs. but my favourites are the trolls lol) 

ahah welcome to dark side !

11 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I don't mean to be one of THOSE fans but I feel like this is a clever way of using Yuzu to promote their products without actually being required to pay him anything  :dry:

Absolutely. The first thing I noticed was the word 'Yuzu' on the packaging in handwriting that looks similar to his, but isn't - the cursive with the big dominant Y and fancy z. And it looks like a signature, not a font. People who aren't paying attention might think *that* Yuzu was really associated with it and buy it because of that. A tactic I would 100% expect from the Disney company, tbh:sipping:

Spoiler

Q120YP_LIP_CR_PH.jpg

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

New Asahi CM for the GP series! Yuzu!!!

Me at the start of GP season: My soul feels empty somehow...like something is missing.....but I don't know what...........

Japanese TV: *releases annual GP series Turandot ad with ultra dramatic posing, Yuzu being seductively threatening at the camera, and blindingly shiny SFX*

Me:  Ah, there it is. :knc_brian1: 

"The Pride of Miyagi, Hanyu Yuzuru"  - This is how the group, RAUMI quartetto, introduced their arrangement of "Seimei", performed in front of Lord Date Masamune (at hia Zuihoden - mausoleum)

https://www.facebook.com/zuihoden/?eid=ARD6Hy_n1GLQSIBeQEv5W12zzL3kQ58g3ysw_7dcPn8MGWapKVjBdntNxxmxUrtJCcMegmByzPAKxEi3

Thanks to the OP, who attended the event - capturing a rare moment: soft evening rain and reflections of the light from the torch add to the atmosphere.