General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, IceWings said:

Subtitles!

He says he’s skating the ACI layout clean with very high frequency in practice, which I hadn’t heard about. That’s great to hear. I’m guessing ice conditions + competition nerves account for the difference. Hopefully we’ll get to see squeaky clean Origin soon. And then we’ll probably see a BV upgrade...

1 hour ago, shanshani said:

He says he’s skating the ACI layout clean with very high frequency in practice, which I hadn’t heard about. That’s great to hear. I’m guessing ice conditions + competition nerves account for the difference. Hopefully we’ll get to see squeaky clean Origin soon. And then we’ll probably see a BV upgrade...

I always believed that his success rate in practice is excellent. I remember how amazing he was at last year's media day with all the cameras on, the huge expectations on his shoulders after the Olympics... Seriously. How great Yuzu must be on a normal practice day, when nobody's lurking around him... Brian has to ring the bell pretty often, I guess :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

or simply :pancake:

3 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Happy Angel Day with Hopurega and baby mushroom angel Yuzu! :angel3-smiley::mushroom7:

maybe because i'mgoing though a tough monet but Hopurega really made me tearfull:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

or simply :pancake:

from your mounth straight to the skating gods hopefully!

12 hours ago, IceWings said:

Subtitles!

Following this interview something has become totally clear to me (though I'd been thinking along those lines previously), and that is that Yuzu is essentially coaching himself.  Brian and company are around mainly for feedback and advice but it is Yuzu who is setting the goals and working up the strategies to achieve those goals.  If you remember way back when Yuzu first came to TCC he wanted to learn how to jump more consistently.  Instead he was put through a rigorous retraining of basic skating skills.  At that time the coaching team there was pretty much directing where Yuzu should be heading, although I have a feeling that if Yuzu is really against something he can be formidably stubborn.  Somewhere along the line, though, Yuzu's relationship with Brian and Tracy and others altered.  He became a living legend as a skater and handling him became more a matter of persuasion than command.  I think it was certainly at that point after those two phenomenal competitions in late 2015 (NHK and GPF) where Yuzu took command of the record books and never looked back.  If you parse Yuzu's words here, and I think whoever did the translation should be grandly congratulated for creating subtitles that handled idiomatic English with very superior skill, in any case what we see here is that most of Yuzu's answers show that he is the one doing the strategizing and developing the means to attain his goals.  In many respects, I think, he remains at TCC because he trusts the staff there and knows he could not find better elsewhere.  I think also he likes it there because he's distant from the high-pressure life he has whenever he's home in Japan.  It's hard to be a media superstar, which is exactly what he is in Japan, and Canada offers him a welcome refuge where he can focus on the essentials and not worry about fans and cameras and such.  In Canada he is relatively free.  In Japan he exists in a fishbowl.

Is that true?  Lately I've discovered literally dozens of videos on YouTube where the viewer is put in the operator's chair on various Japanese railroad routes.  They are extremely fascinating.  There was one video I saw yesterday, which had additionally footage of entering and leaving the stations at the beginning and the end of the journey.  It was in descending towards street level that I saw a large poster advertisement, advertising Free WiFi.  On one side of the text box was the photo of a young Japanese woman.  On the other side was Yuzu.  It made me realize that the statements some have made about Yuzu being everywhere may not be exaggerations.  Perhaps that's why some skating fans in Japan so dislike Yuzu.  It's because he's everywhere and their favorite skaters aren't.

2 hours ago, bubzsy said:

WARNING - Per TEE*ESS*EL, Hanyu is screwed!

I don't know why I keep watching that youtube channel.

I have morbid curiosity as to why they think that this time, as opposed to all the other times they thought that and were wrong. 

To answer my own question, they are probably doing it for the clicks.

5 hours ago, bubzsy said:

WARNING - Per TEE*ESS*EL, Hanyu is screwed!

I don't know why I keep watching that youtube channel.

click-bait at its finest,they've been doing it for ages....mention Yuzu and then trash him!

i'm already salty enough so I don't need this too....also I'm sorry for them but yuzuru is here to stay:happy0007:

Also I don't know if this is true but it made me laugh like an evil overlord....during Nathan 'skate they mentioned Yuzuru too (nothing againt Medo of course, but I love that even when he's not there he's the reference LOL)

1 minute ago, mercedes said:

Also I don't know if this is true but it made me laugh like an evil overlord....during Nathan 'skate they mentioned Yuzuru too (nothing againt Medo of course, but I love that even when he's not there he's the reference LOL)

Hilarious! :rofl2:

That explains the 'Yuzuru Hanyu from China' incident. 

True sign of greatness appears when the presence of the person is acknowledged without he/she actually being there.

I won't give toss about T*L's unasked opinions about anyone let alone the great G.O.A.T.

Happy goat sunday!

Spoiler

:goat:

1 hour ago, mercedes said:

click-bait at its finest,they've been doing it for ages....mention Yuzu and then trash him!

I'm kinda thankful that the first and the last T*L video I watched didn't have Yuzu mentioned in it at all (it was about Karen Chen and other NA skaters, I think? In other disciplines as well...), and even then they took like 95683426 years to get to the point they were about to make A great turnoff for watching them, Yuzu dragging aside! (...and they were talking about NA skaters, why the heck not get to the point and straight up smother them with flattery and all that jazz (even when said NA skater was riddled with bad news(!) ))