General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, memae said:

He must have the most astounding level of patience and humour to let them dress him in such awful outfits.  

Yuzu in the photo studio at Lotte: Oh my God! I can already hear the fans...

Lotte stylist: What do you mean? 

Yuzu: Umm they get very creative in their ...ahem.... let's call it praise... of the design :1:

12 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

I leave it here since there is no topic yet for Skate Canada Intl. Again, why only for canadians to see the practices stream? I feel segregated! Or perhaps they will reconsider, as in the past... Wishful thinking...

... :emoticonaci2019_2:

Streaming party then?

28 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

I leave it here since there is no topic yet for Skate Canada Intl. Again, why only for canadians to see the practices stream? I feel segregated! Or perhaps they will reconsider, as in the past... Wishful thinking...

They probably only paid for Canadian broadcast rights. 

15 часов назад, KatjaThera сказал:

I think Yuzu's story would deserve a TV series, because there's just so much to include. But I'd still prefer it to be documentary style. He's been followed by cameras since he was 10 and I'm sure he has tons of private footage as well, with his team (probably) always filming his practices so he can check them afterwards, so there's no way they wouldn't have enough footage to make a documentary series.

I would like documentary too, Japanese TV has huuuuuge unreleased archives. I just can tell from some old footage that shows up by little here and there first time after several years at best.

New Yuzu book would be nice too, but TV I can watch and even understand at least some words and Japanese still can't read :laughing:

59 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

The Planet is our only hope!

1 hour ago, Henni147 said:

... :emoticonaci2019_2:

Streaming party then?

Skate Canada let me quote mr Hanyu here...you're sooo baad:emoticonaci2019_2:

Streaming party would be great but anyone of you tech savy fanyus can advice a good VPN?

4 hours ago, memae said:

On the advertising costumes: Basically they just want him something that looks like a figure skating costume without wanting to wait or fork out the money for it to be made to truly look like one that he'd wear. They look like figure skating costumes worn by actors in made-for-TV figure skating movies.  Even if they did and used cheap fabrics and cut corners on the details (no need to do the sequins and sparkles one-by-one to make sure they don't fall on the ice, no need for lightweight high-performance fabrics) they'd still look odd because the heavier fabrics and more cut-and-paste kind of designs and details would be noticeable compared to the Satomi masterpieces we're used to seeing him in. They should just stop trying to remind everyone that he's a figure skater by putting him in costumes of costumes. If you know who he is, you don't need the figure skating reference in what he's wearing. If you don't know who he is, the tacky frills and badly fitted fake costumes aren't going to help. He's handsome enough to sell anything without needing to be a double Olympic gold medalist. They can always just put that in a caption anyway and let him keep his dignity. 

He must have the most astounding level of patience and humour to let them dress him in such awful outfits.  

They pay for an actual costume  if he actually skates in the ad - the Ghana red one was very nice and had quite a following here for those of us who like red, and some very good behind the scenes footage.  I’m with those who think this one was photoshopped ( badly) - the proportions are weird, and the hands too chunky.

🙏🏻 Advice on VPN for Skate Canada would be very welcome - especially as it looks as though I am going to miss NHK due to commitments in a wi fi free zone that weekend.  😩

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

🙏🏻 Advice on VPN for Skate Canada would be very welcome - especially as it looks as though I am going to miss NHK due to commitments in a wi fi free zone that weekend.  😩

You can check out these links for some guidance regarding VPN services in the UK:

Top 10 VPN for UK

https://www.top10vpn.com/best-vpn-for-uk/?bsid=c30abdse1kw582&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuNbsBRC-ARIsAAzITudDaAQiqJBuI241TjmJuKcSy4rXNxfnirJJcQZ4Uz8GQKT6_4sodhoaApoSEALw_wcB

7 Best VPNs in the UK – Just Released October 2019

https://www.vpnmentor.com/best-vpn-for-united-kingdom/?keyword=best vpn service uk&geo=9001498&device=&keyword=best vpn service uk&campaignID=1379814193&matchtype=e&adgroupID=58876364072&adpos=1t2&extension=&kwd=kwd-58850677889&location=2826&geo=9001498&matchtype=e&device=&ad=341534209669&placement=&adposition=1t2&gclid=Cj0KCQjwuNbsBRC-ARIsAAzITudPIz_uHNAqHHmYG4TIp-BsoVkP0hJthyV2HE9q0rNaz1M_tYzoK60aAsNiEALw_wcB

A friend of mine uses ExpressVPN and swears by it. I am using Surf Shark, but haven't used it enough to be able to express an informed opinion regarding it.

On 10/2/2019 at 11:25 PM, TallyT said:

There should be a law against taking such a beautiful man and putting him in, umm, that....

{heads back to stare at Origin costumes, both of them}

Sometimes i wonder what Yuzu truly thinks of these cf costumes... I assume it would be pretty hilarious to have a running Yuzu commentary everytime one gets revealed :tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

13 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

At least his face looks beautiful, natural and normal in these pics. And this costume isn't even that bad compared to the old pink and blue-green monstrosities. Without the frills, it would actually be a quite nice, form-fitting costume. :nod2:

What is up with the japanese stylists/cordis obsessions with frills anyways? It's not only in cfs, but in ice shows too... I would much rather costumes have no movement than some of the random frills they attach (because that must be the purpose, right? To create movement and silhouette?). 

7 hours ago, Henni147 said:

Okay. Yuzu's German Wiki article updated. Suggestion for a new forum banner submitted (I hope, you like it :67638860:). I've been a productive fanyu today.  :winky:

Footnote: Over the last few years I wrote ca. 80% of Yuzu's German Wiki entry including all sections since the 16/17 season, tables, references and layout boxes (gosh, they were really tricky to edit). However, there's still a loooot of work to do... Especially the sections about his early career and first senior seasons are... :13877886:

Whenever there's time, I will re-write and add new sections (including the current season). Yuzu deserves a great article. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

Wow, you've done a great job! This is how tragic the swedish wiki page for Yuzu looks... :dislike: It's actually kind of painful to stare at for longer than a few seconds at a time (not that it would take even 10 to read through the whole thing). The only positive is that the picture they've used is adorable (albeit very old, so even that needs to be updated). I've been thinking of trying to write a more comprehensive page for him for almost a year now, but have never actually made any real attempts due to how unfamiliar i am with how editing a wiki page works. I don't even know if any old bloke can just edit or if you need permission. Nevermind understanding how to properly format everything so that it looks nice and clean. 

I really want to improve the page though, because like i said it is simply tragic right now and doesn't even come close to doing any kind of justice towards his ability and reputation as an athlete. Do you have any tips and tricks of the trade? Or just simple advice as to how to get started and what to prioritize? 

(Also, official call to any other Fanyus that are fluent or near fluent in Swedish that would want to help me edit his page :snpeace:). 

1 hour ago, tafattsbarn said:

I don't even know if any old bloke can just edit or if you need permission

The whole point of wikipedia is that anyone who wants to, can edit a page, so have at! I speak no Swedish beyond IKEA-isms so unfortunately I cannot be of help. 

46 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The whole point of wikipedia is that anyone who wants to, can edit a page, so have at! I speak no Swedish beyond IKEA-isms so unfortunately I cannot be of help. 

Yeah... That has always been my understanding but i get confused due to the coordinated teams that exist that just write wiki pages for fun. There's obviously some kind of community, and for some reason it feels like intruding into an unfamiliar space where you're not sure you're welcomed or wanted. I'm being silly though, so i'll just get going c: Got no time to waste, Yuzu deserves a beautiful wiki page :nod2:

Just came to my mind, is Eurovision Sport supposed to broadcast events which are not broadcasted in the area, like Skate Canada Intl wont be in Europe, for exemple? At least for the competition, practices I still hope will be released in other parts of the world than ~Canada, oh Canada!~

12 hours ago, memae said:

On the advertising costumes: Basically they just want him something that looks like a figure skating costume without wanting to wait or fork out the money for it to be made to truly look like one that he'd wear. They look like figure skating costumes worn by actors in made-for-TV figure skating movies.  Even if they did and used cheap fabrics and cut corners on the details (no need to do the sequins and sparkles one-by-one to make sure they don't fall on the ice, no need for lightweight high-performance fabrics) they'd still look odd because the heavier fabrics and more cut-and-paste kind of designs and details would be noticeable compared to the Satomi masterpieces we're used to seeing him in. They should just stop trying to remind everyone that he's a figure skater by putting him in costumes of costumes. If you know who he is, you don't need the figure skating reference in what he's wearing. If you don't know who he is, the tacky frills and badly fitted fake costumes aren't going to help. He's handsome enough to sell anything without needing to be a double Olympic gold medalist. They can always just put that in a caption anyway and let him keep his dignity. 

Well, suddenly I am thinking that he might have bear with all of those ugly costumes because he find it hilarious? Maybe he actually lurks to read fan's disgusted response toward those customes and laughs himself silly?