General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

I do occasionally wonder if they would have given it to Javi or Shoma if they had clean skates. But my consensus with myself is no :D

Considering that they were declaring Yuzu the winner before Javi or Shoma even skated makes me think that they were assuming that even a clean Javi/Shoma wouldn't have been able to beat that.

Actually, I was in a Javi mood yesterday and I watched Javi's Olympic FS and then I watched both of Yuzu's Olympic programs and what struck me the most as the difference between them was that Javi was visibly nervous during his FS. He was nervous and a bit unsure of himself, I think, and it showed. On the other hand, Yuzu was visibly nervous before the programs - though not as badly as he's been in other competitions - but once the program started there was no hesitation whatsoever and he was oozing confidence, even after the two mistakes in the free. Watching Javi, then Yuzu, this was really obvious to me. I also watched the end of Shoma's and I loved how he was smiling, he was just smiling throughout the end of his program. I'm sure he regretted the fall, but overall, he seemed relieved that this whole thing was over. (Maybe subconsciously even a little relieved that he hadn't won... I like Shoma, but I'm not sure he could deal so well with all the pressures and obligations of being an Olympic Champion. Even being silver medalist seemed a bit overwhelming for him, as far as the off-rink stuff goes.) I think if Javi had been less nervous and more confident, he wouldn't have popped the sal and maybe would have overall beaten Shoma. But it was still a medal and so much better an experience overall than Sochi.

(Btw, Javi was still in Canada yesterday, doing some coaching with Javi Raya, but he should be off to Japan soon... I was still hoping we might get a Cricket Club brothers picture before he left...:dontdothistome:)

The reason why Shoma falls... is because he is thinking about Yuzu's performance isn't he? If I'm not mistaken that was what he said.

So I was thinking about what ifs discussion. There is always what ifs everytime someone win in a competition. But it is pointless, isn't it? The winner is the best man in that particular competition. Best balance in physical and mental condition, best overall score definitely. You just cannot gamble with your performance. Everytime a skater stand in the middle of the rink, they must think about themselves and the best performance that they can present.

Was shopping on Amazon and saw this saying on a T-shirt and thought I'd make my own versions to wear.  Thought I'd throw them on the ice as well.  Hopefully whatever charity they donate everything to will have Fanyus there.  Though I do wonder about using the images - I believe that as long as I'm not using them to make money it's legal and all that.

6e64fc19-7578-42d8-8c0c-9c8f4e32ba65&cat

1cce36d1-28e0-4ef5-9df9-6c2c1a756ae9&cat

11 часов назад, mercedes сказал:

even Mao being less popular then Medo and Alina,i've always thought Mao had a cult status.

I think it's cuz the stats is from 2015 and Mao had most of her gold years before that.

I just had to think of the infamous TCC jump codes again...

4T+3A+SEQ = "Toe-Axel" (sigh, I'm still so grrrrrrrrrr about this, Brian...)

4F+3A+SEQ = "Flip-Axel"

What would they call a 4A+3A+SEQ then?

... "Axel-Axel" ?

... or "Double-Axel" ?

... or " THE Axel sequence" ?

I bet that they have a code for it already... Just like excited parents suggest names for their expected child :embSwan:

17 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

4F+3A+SEQ = "Flip-Axel"

... "Axel-Axel" ?

... or "Double-Axel" ?

I bet that they have a code for it already... Just like excited parents suggest names for their expected child :embSwan:

4A+3A+SEQ shall be called "GOAT Axel". :goat:

17 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

4F+3A+SEQ = "Flip-Axel"

... "Axel-Axel" ?

... or "Double-Axel" ?

Remember how Yuzu had AAA engraved on his music player - I think it was? - to symbolize 3A? Maybe he'll aim for Axel-Axel-Axel... as in 4A+3A+3A+SEQ... in ice shows, that is lol Ah, imagine if the ISU would make an exception for axels, where sequences including axels get full points like regular combinations, including 3 jump ones. Yuzu would pummel so many quad-3A-3As he'd leave everyone else way behind :nod2:

42 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

4A+3A+SEQ shall be called "GOAT Axel". :goat:

Oh yes. That would be my no. 1 suggestion, too. However, I fear that Team Cricket will continue the list of totally underwhelming jump names... :13877886:

37 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Remember how Yuzu had AAA engraved on his music player - I think it was? - to symbolize 3A? Maybe he'll aim for Axel-Axel-Axel... as in 4A+3A+3A+SEQ... in ice shows, that is lol Ah, imagine if the ISU would make an exception for axels, where sequences including axels get full points like regular combinations, including 3 jump ones. Yuzu would pummel so many quad-3A-3As he'd leave everyone else way behind :nod2:

AAA = 4A+3A+3A+SEQ :2thumbsup:

It could also refer to the J-Pop band AAA (also called 'Triple A' for 'Attack All Around'). Does anybody know, if Yuzu likes their music?

I don't think that the ISU would ever make a rule change in favor of Yuzuru Hanyu. The -20% punishment of sequences and ridiculously low BV of the 4A just shows their deep love for Axels... :emoticonaci2019_2:

40 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Isn't it 5A-4A-3A combo?

Edit. Sequence. The Ultimate Axel Seq

18 hours ago, IULIANA said:

http://www.isuresults.com/schedules/gpcan2019_ColouredTimeSchedule.pdf

Skate Canada schedule is already up! getting close, my goodness...

Oh well, it's not ungodly hours but early in the morning for me...getting up 5:30am on Sat morning and 6:30 on Sun morning is not the end of the world... :13877886: and gala is at 2:00am Monday early in the morning. It's a good job I'm taking Monday off as I'm not going to miss Yuzu's EX program reveal (though I've got a feeling he may be keeping HYK) 

5 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually, I was in a Javi mood yesterday and I watched Javi's Olympic FS and then I watched both of Yuzu's Olympic programs and what struck me the most as the difference between them was that Javi was visibly nervous during his FS. He was nervous and a bit unsure of himself, I think, and it showed. On the other hand, Yuzu was visibly nervous before the programs - though not as badly as he's been in other competitions - but once the program started there was no hesitation whatsoever and he was oozing confidence, even after the two mistakes in the free. Watching Javi, then Yuzu, this was really obvious to me. I also watched the end of Shoma's and I loved how he was smiling, he was just smiling throughout the end of his program. I'm sure he regretted the fall, but overall, he seemed relieved that this whole thing was over. (Maybe subconsciously even a little relieved that he hadn't won... I like Shoma, but I'm not sure he could deal so well with all the pressures and obligations of being an Olympic Champion. Even being silver medalist seemed a bit overwhelming for him, as far as the off-rink stuff goes.) I think if Javi had been less nervous and more confident, he wouldn't have popped the sal and maybe would have overall beaten Shoma. But it was still a medal and so much better an experience overall than Sochi.

(Btw, Javi was still in Canada yesterday, doing some coaching with Javi Raya, but he should be off to Japan soon... I was still hoping we might get a Cricket Club brothers picture before he left...:dontdothistome:)

This makes me think of what Tessa Virtue (the mindset of a champion) said " practice like you have never won, perform like you have never lost",  such a simple phrase but immensely profound.  

2 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I don't think that the ISU would ever make a rule change in favor of Yuzuru Hanyu. The -20% punishment of sequences and ridiculously low BV of the 4A just shows their deep love for Axels... :emoticonaci2019_2:

@Henni147 didn't you mean to say: "I don't think that the ISU would ever make a rule change in favor of Yuzuru Hanyu. The 20% punishment of sequences and ridiculously low BV of the 4A just shows their deep love for Axels Yuzuru Hanyu...

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

4F+3A+SEQ = "Flip-Axel"

... "Axel-Axel" ?

... or "Double-Axel" ?

I believe you would call that a Seven Axel. Or perhaps an act of God ( act of G.O.A.T.?). LOL. 

On 10/2/2019 at 12:34 AM, KatjaThera said:

I also watched the end of Shoma's and I loved how he was smiling, he was just smiling throughout the end of his program. I'm sure he regretted the fall, but overall, he seemed relieved that this whole thing was over. (Maybe subconsciously even a little relieved that he hadn't won... I like Shoma, but I'm not sure he could deal so well with all the pressures and obligations of being an Olympic Champion. Even being silver medalist seemed a bit overwhelming for him, as far as the off-rink stuff goes.)

I've thought all along that Shoma is essentially a shy person, a person who sheds his shyness only while he's on the ice skating.  I remember all those times that Yuzu has prodded him (sometimes even physically), leading the way on how to pose for pics on the podium and other places, cajoling him in press conferences and all that, generally playing big brother who knows the ropes.  I have a strong feeling that Shoma is ambivalent about his coming matchup against Yuzu at the Japanese nationals, assuming Yuzu doesn't injure himself yet again.  Shoma has been the National Champion for three years straight now, all because Yuzu wasn't there.  The first time the flu derailed him, the next two were the seasons with injuries.  Believe me, if Yuzu is skating against Shoma in Japanese nationals this year it will be one of the most watched programs in Japanese sports history.