General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yaaay Keiji's photo :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw: But honey darling, I thought you've won a gold medal...that does not look like gold...?:13877886:

Omg that looks like a cheap medal :snbleh:

6 hours ago, Veveco said:

Everyone ready for GP season to start in a few weeks? Time to stock up on sleep, you'll need it soon! :hihi:

Fanyus in the arena: OMG the Practices are starting...in 5 hours!

17 hours ago, Neenah said:

I need to know, am I the only one who gets really emotional whenever I see Yuzu's perfect 3Lz at ACI? 

After the injury and more than a year with no lutzs, I honestly thought that we will never see it again. I know he was jumping 4Lz at shows and that he did it in practice, but part of me was still very worried that it would not last. So, for me, that one 3Lz in the free was (and still is on re-watch) the most beautiful jump ever. It somehow became more real that he is healthy enough to not just practice it but to also have it in his program.

I pray that this will be the last time I will ever have to worry about it or injury ever again :smiley-angelic001:

This was first good 3lz in competition from him since WC17.:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

56 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yuzu looks so damn beautiful! Purple is a good color for him! (well, all the colors looks great on him! lol)

When I first saw Origin 2.0, I was a bit surprised of the deep oval neck, but now it's probably my favorite Yuzu costume ever.

1. DEEP purple is an awesome color for him. It looks really noble and vivid.

2. Love the butterflies and flower details. Sure, the costume is very sparky again, but it works perfectly here.

3. This is probably the only costume that shows his body lines even better than UA.

4. The mesh matches his skin color better than ever and it doesn't wrinkle at all.

5. I honestly didn't believe that it's possible to design a completely new costume that comes anywhere close to Origin 1.0. The bar was set really stellar high last season. That alone makes Origin 2.0 the ultimate winner for me.

:offtopic2:Maybe, maybe not.

This Newsweek article may be explaining why figure skating is so popular in Japan, even though it refers to figure skating as just "In Japan, the media elevates male ballet stars (and their sporty cousins: male figure skaters) as role models."

https://theconversation.com/boys-dance-too-and-in-japan-they-are-celebrated-122533

Japanese version:

https://www.newsweekjapan.jp/nippon/season2/2019/09/248235_1.php

Although I sometimes find a nuance of stereotype viewing or prejudice against Japan in Newsweek articles, this article is the one that has tickled my little pride :laughing:

It may be true that Japanese just love BEAUTY regardless of gender things, perhaps owing to national traditional art like Kabuki, Noh, or Takarazuka Revue.

Also, I have to admit that we have a sort of patronage tendency in nature, and like to find promising talents and support them since their youth, for example, in Kabuki, Takarazuka, and even Sumo.

Anyway, figure skating is the sport that stimulates our enthusiastic mind with its discipline and art including costumes, music, performance, etc. and thank God, now we have Yuzuru Hanyu, just like Tetsuya Kumakawa in ballet.  Nothing can stop us from loving him now :happy0007: