General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

I'm done with competitive figure skating when Yuzu retires. I'll follow Yuzu whatever he does.

There is one thing though... Yuzuru as a coach.

And I haven't been able to figure out what would I do in such case. I mean, sure, ISU is going nuts right now and figure skating is changing into figure judging, but I am afraid, if Yuzu becomes a coach, I won't be able to not watch his little students.

37 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

There is one thing though... Yuzuru as a coach.

And I haven't been able to figure out what would I do in such case. I mean, sure, ISU is going nuts right now and figure skating is changing into figure judging, but I am afraid, if Yuzu becomes a coach, I won't be able to not watch his little students.

As I said, I’ll follow Yuzu whatever he does.

I’ll follow his career as a coach, if he decides to do that, but I won’t be following the mainstream senior men’s competitions unless Yuzu is involved in a coaching capacity. In that case, I’ll be busy sending negative vibes to all of the skaters competing against Yuzu’s students.

I don’t think he will be coaching anytime soon, if ever. If he stays healthy, he still has the better part of three seasons ahead of him to try to do everything he wants to accomplish as a competitor.

After he stops competing, he will likely want to continue skating in ice shows. Even if he stops competing, he will probably remain very popular and will be involved in CMs. Maybe he might do some modeling or acting (I hope!). He will probably finish his university degree at Waseda. He is so multitalented and has so much charisma and the “It Factor” so that the possibilities are endless.

I'm not fully convinced Yuzu will work as a coach - though it's probably my wishful thinking more than anything else, that he'll do choreo instead. But I, too, will probably follow whatever he chooses to do next, but nothing much beyond that.

And, in fact, figure skating is so depressing right now that I think I will stop paying attention to anything not Yuzu until Skate Canada - maybe just take a peek at Javi's programs at JO, but stay well away from the scores. As such, and because I don't think I'm the only one who wants to be able to avoid all that negative stuff, I'd like to ask everyone, if possible, to take the ISU and scoring talks to the General Skating Chat, maybe, so we can keep this an oasis of Yuzu things. I know I was one of those helping with the OT-ness, so I'm not blaming anyone or anything, but my anxiety is seriously working up and FS talk is not helping, so I want to stay away from that, but I also want to be able to come here and enjoy Yuzu talk, still! Thank you! :snpeace:

9 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

No. If the ISU Congress votes for the change next summer then it'll be implemented after the Beijing Olympics, not before that. In the last interview with him about the changes, Lakernik seemed to be suspiciously positive that the members will vote for it.

I guess you heard it from the source? I only heard it from people talking about it, which is often like playing that game "telephone." Anyway, I sure hope they NEVER implement it.

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

As I said, I’ll follow Yuzu whatever he does.

I’ll follow his career as a coach, if he decides to do that, but I won’t be following the mainstream senior men’s competitions unless Yuzu is involved in a coaching capacity. In that case, I’ll be busy sending negative vibes to all of the skaters competing against Yuzu’s students.

I don’t think he will be coaching anytime soon, if ever. If he stays healthy, he still has the better part of three seasons ahead of him to try to do everything he wants to accomplish as a competitor.

After he stops competing, he will likely want to continue skating in ice shows. Even if he stops competing, he will probably remain very popular and will be involved in CMs. Maybe he might do some modeling or acting (I hope!). He will probably finish his university degree at Waseda. He is so multitalented and has so much charisma and the “It Factor” so that the possibilities are endless.

But what if he infiltrates the ISU and fixes it from within? I wouldn't put it past him.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

And, in fact, figure skating is so depressing right now that I think I will stop paying attention to anything not Yuzu until Skate Canada 

I haven't been able to watch the last two JGP and the latest Challenger. For being so obsessed with broadcast, ISU is sure doing their damnest to turn off the viewers....  [/ end complaining]

1 hour ago, Toni said:

But what if he infiltrates the ISU and fixes it from within? I wouldn't put it past him.

I would totally celebrate it, if Yuzu simply overtook the ISU after his retirement, kicked out all the corrupt officials and reformed the entire system from its core. Imagine Yuzu

• running all the summer webinars himself
  • [EDIT] casting new independent judges
  • setting 'Yuzu standards' in the official guidelines, TP handbooks and SOV tables
  • filming technical sample videos and tutorials with On Ice Perspectives
  • developing new measurement tools, skating boots, blades, ice rinks and other hightech stuff
  • doing skating promotion (in small fed countries, too)

I think, I would follow that journey... :hihi:

9 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

I would totally celebrate it, if Yuzu simply overtook the ISU after his retirement, kicked out all the corrupt officials and reformed the entire system from its core. Imagine Yuzu

• setting 'Yuzu standards' in the official guidelines, TP handbooks and SOV tables
  • developing new measurement tools, skating boots, blades, ice rinks and other hightech stuff

this would make him an entirely new level of GOAT

19 минут назад, Henni147 сказал:

I would totally celebrate it, if Yuzu simply overtook the ISU after his retirement, kicked out all the corrupt officials and reformed the entire system from its core.

As fun as this sounds I think Yuzu is too good for politics.

I don't want to look very far ahead cuz people's priories change, but hopefully CWW2 (3,4...) will be his first plan))

35 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I don't want to look very far ahead cuz people's priories change, but hopefully CWW2 (3,4...) will be his first plan))

It's meant as a half-joke actually.

Figure skating is Yuzu's life, his baby. I don't think that he would leave a sinking ship without rescuing the remaining passengers, especially if he had the power to do so. Who else, if not the 'good people', can save a corrupt system from self-destruction?

On the other hand: he has done more than enough for the sport already and he is free to do whatever he likes. It's absolutely understandable, if he says: 'I have enough from the public madness and want to enjoy my privacy from now on'.

In my mind I can't really see him being completely far from FS ,in what capacity i have no idea but it seems to me he loves it too much to simply leaving it for good.

Also he said several times whow he even hates to 'lose' during arguments he may have with his family ,can you imagine him discussing a topic during a ISU meeting?people would probably be like,ok we agree as long as you shut up LOL

I think I'm dead by hydroblading :13877886:

3 hours ago, Henni147 said:

• [EDIT] casting new independent judges

He is already taking over ISU sponsors. Yuzuru Skating Union is only matter of time.:black-wings-smiley:

3 hours ago, Lunna said:

I have been saying all along that I think Yuzu's plan after retirement is to produce ice shows.  In those shows he could highlight what he thinks is important for skating, inviting those skaters who share his philosophy and creating shows that are dramas in themselves rather than a succession of exhibition numbers.  Yuzu will have no difficulty getting financing since he's the most bankable skater on the planet right now and probably also in the history of the sport.  CWW will turn into a whole flock.