General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, monchan said:

He looks AMAZING here :devilYuzu:

EFE2vYyU0AEYz1L (1536Ã2048)

Btw as a skating fan I should be following up what I've missed in recent comps. However I'm mostly disappointed with a few skates I've seen so far so I'm looking for Yuzu's pics instead :1:

Ohhh la la! Beauty! Beautiful Pooh too! 

10 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

General attractiveness of these photos aside, I do love when he looks like he's sharing a good joke or an amusing thought with nobody but himself. :laughing: And you can always see the wheels turning behind his expression.

so true ...he has entire conversations in that amazing brain of his LOL

My other faves candid pics are while he 'sings' like these ones

On 9/21/2019 at 8:41 AM, KatjaThera said:

But I am happy that Yuzu is putting his foot down and in his diplomatic and kind way trying to make sure his fans behave. I really hope they will, at all times.

I think you're right, and it's very Japanese of Yuzu. He even complained in a recent interview that he was receiving too much preferential treatment. I think no Pooh-rain will even be a bit of a relief to him. 

I'm really worried that some fans plan to make anti-ISU banners. Yuzu prefers to work hard within the rules and find inventive ways to -- politely -- beat the system from within. So I think he would be deeply mortified by such actions by his own fans. It might even embarrass him enough to make him retire. 

Besides, all these threats to be done with figure skating after Yuzu retires are also threats against Yuzu himself, since Yuzu will ALWAYS be involved with figure skating (and probably, inevitably, in a position of power.) If figure-skating dies, so does Yuzu. He's also a mentor (future coach?) to many of the fine young people we would be hurting if we abandon the sport. He really likes the boys he's watched grow into better skaters, like Nathan and Shoma. He enjoys skating with them at exhibitions and knows it's not their fault that ISU is corrupt. He would be horrified about his own fans becoming Nathan and Shoma antis.

Remember, to corruptly support US skaters when Patrick Chan was their star, ISU judges emphasized skating skills and GOE over BV of jumps, so Yuzu took up the challenge and blew PC out of the water. Now, because Nathan Chen only has average skating skills, they're corruptly changing the rules to emphasize BV over GOE, so Yuzu is upping his BV. He likes the challenge, since he loves jumping anyway. For Beijing 2022, they're planning to divide the programs into technical and artistic programs, with the idea of giving NC a far greater score on the technical program and then letting Yuzu win the artistic program only by a little, claiming art is in the eye of the beholder, thus securing a win by NC. Yuzu will definitely win even there if he surpasses NC in BV. To Yuzu, it's like a gauntlet has been thrown down - like starting all over with the thrill of an impossible challenge. So he'll go to Beijing if his ankles hold out and he can still increase his BV. If he can't do it, he'll retire -- without complaining. 

34 минуты назад, Toni сказал:

For Beijing 2022, they're planning to divide the programs into technical and artistic programs, with the idea of giving NC a far greater score on the technical program and then letting Yuzu win the artistic program only by a little, claiming art is in the eye of the beholder, thus securing a win by NC.

Dividing programs is not 100% decided yet and if it happens it will be after Beijing 2022 (to me dividing programs will be killing the idea of FS).

I agree that anti-ISU banners are not wise. But about following FS after Yuzu - here everybody will decide for themselves. I might or might not follow it depending on the interesting young skaters on the horizon (and the state of the rules), but in any case it will be not as close as now (and surely will not buy tickets for the ridicules prices).

18 minutes ago, Lunna said:

Dividing programs is not 100% decided yet and if it happens it will be after Beijing 2022 (to me dividing programs will be killing the idea of FS).

I agree that anti-ISU banners are not wise. But about following FS after Yuzu - here everybody will decide for themselves. I might or might not follow it depending on the interesting young skaters on the horizon (and the state of the rules), but in any case it will be not as close as now (and surely will not buy tickets for the ridicules prices).

I heard that the proponents of this idea are hoping to implement the technical/artistic split before 2022, though they're not sure when or even IF it will happen. I think fans are almost universally against it, so hopefully they will shelve that idea.

I think I'll be done with figure skating if/when they divide it into technical and artistic portions. Too much like pro competitions of the past and lots of room to play around with scores etc..

I find myself less interested in skating right now, particularly the ladies portion. Of course we have to wait and see how it plays out on the GP circuit, but the trend we've seen so far this season is just disappointing to me. Jumps aren't the only thing. I don't think we've ever seen such a difference in skating skills and jumping prowess before, so this is the difficult part for me...I mean, Midori had her huge jumps, but she had great skating skills, amazing footwork, transitions and spins as well...

1 hour ago, Toni said:

I heard that the proponents of this idea are hoping to implement the technical/artistic split before 2022, though they're not sure when or even IF it will happen. I think fans are almost universally against it, so hopefully they will shelve that idea.

No. If the ISU Congress votes for the change next summer then it'll be implemented after the Beijing Olympics, not before that. In the last interview with him about the changes, Lakernik seemed to be suspiciously positive that the members will vote for it.

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

No. If the ISU Congress votes for the change next summer then it'll be implemented after the Beijing Olympics, not before that. In the last interview with him about the changes, Lakernik seemed to be suspiciously positive that the members will vote for it.

Well here's hoping they smarten up before then, and that he's wrong. Because separating technical and artistic aspects into different programs is not going to solve the problem of bad technical calls or PCS being basically a made-up score. And unless they go for an approach similar to ice dance, where one program is rigidly defined in content (like the RD) and one program is open to skater's choice (like FD), separating the programs will render skating unwatchable, so bye-bye TV revenues. 

Of all the scuttlebutt I've read about the ISU's decisions, this rumour is the one that upsets me the most. Why not just bring compulsory figures back, instead? At least they can be judged objectively from the very start. 

5 hours ago, Toni said:

Yes, I hope so too.

Proponents can start their own sport if they want it so much, without destroying figure skating.