General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

This is the most nosebleed-inducing costume ever! :10742290: :10742290: :10742290:

9 hours ago, Lunna said:

LGC might still not agree :winky: but as much as I liked gold feathers on the first version I think this one fits better and color is very beautiful, also those flowers on his lower back I find quite flirty :devilYuzu: and hair are perfect :nod2:

Maybe it's just me, but for me this is the most LGC-like non-LGC costume he's ever had... It looks like LGC's little cousin. 

The latest NHK Trophy video message and Yuzu´s reference to the 2015 NHK Trophy  made me checking some things. 2015 NHK Trophy was held in the rink that was built for the Olympics in Nagano (remember how after the perfect Seimei Yuzu pointed at the Olympic rings). This happened two and half years before the 2018 Olympics. This year’s NHK Trophy is held in the rink that was built for the 1972 Olympics in Sapporo and the competition is held two and half years before the next Olympics.

Of course, this doesn´t mean anything but it is interesting that these kinds of random coincidences seem to happen around Yuzu quite often.

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

The latest NHK Trophy video message and Yuzu´s reference to the 2015 NHK Trophy  made me checking some things. 2015 NHK Trophy was held in the rink that was built for the Olympics in Nagano (remember how after the perfect Seimei Yuzu pointed at the Olympic rings). This happened two and half years before the 2018 Olympics. This year’s NHK Trophy is held in the rink that was built for the 1972 Olympics in Sapporo and the competition is held two and half years before the next Olympics.

Of course, this doesn´t mean anything but it is interesting that these kinds of random coincidences seem to happen around Yuzu quite often.

Even though I am relatively new in following his career, I really can see it. As he himself say, his life is very fantastical if you don't know that there is a real life person living it.

I rarely pray for anyone's well being except my family. But I am going to pray that all of us can see Yuzuru reaches his dreams, jumps his 4A, wins another Olympic gold medal all the while staying healthy and happy with himself. I am never this invested with someone. Tbh, this is not all because of Yuzuru, I myself am selfish, and I want to see that miracle, I want to witness Yuzuru evolves further than anyone can imagine any figure skater can do.

16 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I don't remember this right now, so a link would be great :)

Gomen, I can't find it myself either... I searched in my archives, on Twitter and other platforms, but I gave up. Too much content... :13877886:

@rockstaryuzu  I think, it would be a fair solution for everyone, if the skaters saw the full scoresheet (not only the final score) on the monitor in the K&C and had three live "challenges" for wrong calls (like in Tennis):

If you think that an UR or edge call is unjustified, you have the right to claim a live review in the arena and the audience can rewatch the jump slomo on the screen. Of course it can happen that a call will be corrected to your disadvantage from ! to e or from < to <<, so you must be convinced as a skater that your element was really clean.

I don't think that a competition would last much longer than usual and all skaters make use of all 3 challenges everytime. My only worry: judges would stop giving calls (only in really blatant obvious cases)...

At the end of the day precise measurement tools would be the best solution (but the ISU will fight that suggestion with everything they have).

8 時間前, Sombreuilさんが言いました:

It’s 2012 Olympics team event.  When I look at it again it took a while to sort out because it was the last competitor on the last piece of apparatus and they announced the winners before the appeal was sorted so a bit of a mess.  In the middle of competition it sorts itself out quicker.  As for actual cash changing hands, I remember some idiot on social media accusing the Japanese of bribing the judges and people having to explain the system - someone whose interest in MAG probably only existed for those few hours because GB were doing well.  It’s around 2:30:15

https://youtu.be/6W0HCqIgm6Y

sorry - too slow!

If I remember correctly, Adam Rippon was one of them and that was the reason why I left him on Twitter :laughing: But now I believe he just didn't know the system.

:offtopic2:

I can well believe it - US often lead after the qualifying round and their media etc get very excited and think it means something (which was the case in London 2012) but qualifying is just that - as the late Mitch Fenner a commentator and a Dutch national coach said - the Japanese can be all over the place when qualifying but when they turn up for the actual competition they’re in a different league. They know how to do enough to get through qualifying with minimum effort, saving the maximum effort for the actual competition.

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

All I can say about incorrect technical calls is that, in cases  where there is clear and present evidence of judging error, the skater and/or their coach should have a right to appeal the call and ask for a re-mark of the performance, as reviewed on video. My understanding is that the ISU does not have an appeal rule like this yet. 

In order to prevent such a right from being abused, do something like limit the number of times per competition an athlete can appeal, or limit the number of points that can be gained upon review. (because you know it'll get abused otherwise)

At least that way, the technical panel can be held accountable for outright error. This rule is present in many sports and can be a great mechanism for ensuring fairness.

The thing about a review would be that it comes with the risk of even more deductions/lower GOE of other parts of the performance as well, because of the additional scrutiny. It's like appealing grades for university assignments. People very rarely do it because it's likely to make them worse off. You have to be very, very confident in the scoring of everything else and very confident that the wrong calls you are appealing were indeed wrong and that under a second review, the judges will see that. In most cases it probably won't be worth the risk - but that could be a benefit because then the right to appeal wouldn't be abused. It would get used when shady calls mean the difference between qualifying for the Olympics or medalling or breaking records, etc.