General Yuzuru Chat

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I appreciate what you're trying to tell me here. Just know that in my case, the delay has so far been 26 years and counting, since I was 20 when my first dream  blew up in my face...it's a little hard to be philosophical these days. :) More like, I've come to the conclusion that not everyone gets a grand vision to follow, some of us just get to take care of other stuff instead. 

Have you seen the early videos where they do exercises in the park while trying to play? :joy:

Everyone has their own thing, yes. :nod2:

Oh yes I have!!!! :LOL: I'll give it to them that they have the guts to do stuff like that. Plus running around in the Shibuya Crossing while cosplaying Naruto. Goodness me. 

I hope they don't roast Yuzu, saying that he may be playing a Viola. 

How do yall handle listening to TSL? I can only listen to them for like 30 sec before I totally lost interest.

Anyway, I think that the old Origin costume is more epic. But, my friend, who I just introduced to Hanyu said that it looks like a galaxy. So I... look at it with a new lens..

And... I was thinking.... Thanos? Of Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Like.. what if... in MCU.... Thanos looks like Yuzuru Hanyu.....

:LOL:

3 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

About his landings, I have a question for satellites who are skaters or who have lots of knowledge about the mechanics of skating. 

It seems he is adding muscle mass. Many of us have remarked on it, both during ACI and FaOI. And our observations jibe with his statements about building strength for the 4A (see: Toe Loop, Quintuple). Of course, the added strength is necessary and in many ways a bonus, but will the added mass affect his technique in ways that may take a while to understand and master? 

My impression is that skaters have to be careful to balance the advantages and disadvantages of being very muscular. And Yuzu has always been remarkably slender, while, at the same time having the strength to jump like a gazelle. He seems to possess an unusually high ratio of strength-to-muscle mass. But if he's gotten heavier by even a few kg, I would think that would translate into greater impact on landing, at least until he adjusted his technique to compensate for the added mass. 

Would that be the case? All insights appreciated. 

:gla:

I also think of the same thing! Idon't have a conclusion myself, but I remember his 4T in Sochi was so light and easy (more than now I think)

3 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

About his landings, I have a question for satellites who are skaters or who have lots of knowledge about the mechanics of skating. 

It seems he is adding muscle mass. Many of us have remarked on it, both during ACI and FaOI. And our observations jibe with his statements about building strength for the 4A (see: Toe Loop, Quintuple). Of course, the added strength is necessary and in many ways a bonus, but will the added mass affect his technique in ways that may take a while to understand and master? 

My impression is that skaters have to be careful to balance the advantages and disadvantages of being very muscular. And Yuzu has always been remarkably slender, while, at the same time having the strength to jump like a gazelle. He seems to possess an unusually high ratio of strength-to-muscle mass. But if he's gotten heavier by even a few kg, I would think that would translate into greater impact on landing, at least until he adjusted his technique to compensate for the added mass. 

Would that be the case? All insights appreciated. 

:gla:

Well, factor in the injuries and whether it has lasting damage which might cause him to have to change his landing technique.

1 hour ago, ICeleste said:

those who've read my annoying repetitive posts on here know how much I'd want him to skate to BoRhap:cri: ... that'd be my dream Yuzu program. thus this video is so satisfying to watch :8232307:

If he ever decides to skate it (as a gift for mommy Tracy or sth), I really hope that he will do the ORIGINAL song with FREDDIE'S voice and the FULL BLOODY 5:55 MINUTES as an EX program. This song must not be cut or shortened ANYWHERE the wind blows.

Funfact: Origin starts with a gong, BoRap ends with a gong. That's fate, aye?  :notamused:

EDIT: I'm sure that ToshI would lend him his sparky Pooh shirt for the "Freddie-Disney-look" :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, andchipzz said:

How do yall handle listening to TSL? I can only listen to them for like 30 sec before I totally lost interest.

Anyway, I think that the old Origin costume is more epic. But, my friend, who I just introduced to Hanyu said that it looks like a galaxy. So I... look at it with a new lens..

And... I was thinking.... Thanos? Of Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Like.. what if... in MCU.... Thanos looks like Yuzuru Hanyu.....

:LOL:

I consider listening them after hearing they point out the wrong judging but i see that they criticized his costume (more like mocking) so i’ll slip. I can’t disturb my hardly gained zen mode

1 minute ago, Bilge said:

I consider listening them after hearing they point out the wrong judging but i see that they criticized his costume (more like mocking) so i’ll slip. I can’t disturb my hardly gained zen mode

For me, they chit chat so much about unimportant things and bitching about this and that and like very small percentage of that is beneficial discussion abt figure skating. Time wasted.