General Yuzuru Chat

I was catching up with JGP Chelyabinsk men's event and finally figured out why the hell I was hearing the popular Romanian tune Ciocârlia (The Skylark) in the background of Yuzuru's video message to Javi back in January:

It's actually a part of Lilian's Binzari's SP:

So maybe it was Yuzuru who accidentally revealed Lilian's music choices first? :smiley-devil:

( @ralucutzagy , @KatjaThera - in case you noticed this too, now we can rejoice with national pride at the fact that Yuzuru's ears are being subjected to our folk music on a regular basis :10814716: )

10 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Someone actually suggested a Japanese flag with our country flag pasted instead of the red centre. Plus the "We love Yuzuru from around the world" printed on that. I am really sorry, I don't remember who that was but it was discussed in Torino thread I think. I love this idea. Would it be rude to mess with Japanese flag this way?

Possibly? Yuzu has incredible respect for his flag, as witnessed today. Maybe a different idea would be better

On the topic of flags - Why not have two smaller flags sewn together with the home country flag on top and the Japanese the lower one or the two lengthwise vertical with them side-by side.  Just a thought.  I do agree with those on the forum here that the commentators don't realize how Yuzu fandom flourishes well beyond the Japanese shores.

9 minutes ago, micaelis said:

On the topic of flags - Why not have two smaller flags sewn together with the home country flag on top and the Japanese the lower one or the two lengthwise vertical with them side-by side.  Just a thought.  I do agree with those on the forum here that the commentators don't realize how Yuzu fandom flourishes well beyond the Japanese shores.

Did anyone say anything about that idea I posted posted before (which is not really mine, but I really don't remember who suggested it)?

It would probably go like this (sorry about this picture, I grabbed the first one I found for time purposes :81:):

simply a Japanese flag with our flag inside + something written over that

Spoiler

circle-flag-united-states-of-america-usa

And this is probably a question for Japanese fans here. I know, that the flag is much respected. Would this be okay, or is it inappropriate to paste another flag inside like this? I like it from the design point of view and it would save some space, instead of sewing two flags together...

Anyway, if it is a bad idea, two flags are okay with me as well.

hace 11 minutos , 4Nessie said:

Did anyone say anything about that idea I posted posted before (which is not really mine, but I really don't remember who suggested it)?

It would probably go like this (sorry about this picture, I grabbed the first one I found for time purposes :81:):

Hide contents

And this is probably a question for Japanese fans here. I know, that the flag is much respected. Would this be okay, or is it inappropriate to paste another flag inside like this? I like it from the design point of view and it would save some space, instead of sewing two flags together...

@axelnojutsu made a first version of it. @axelnojutsu may I post it?

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, check out what we did for ACI :) A lot of people didn't show up for the photo, but we printed and handed out 10 distinct flags. If you look closely at crowd photos you may be able to see, but it was a small effort because we kept it to PH for the time being. Would love to do this for Skate Canada etc. too to show the love Yuzu has all over the world.

Hi! I haven't been active here for a looooong time now and frankly i haven't followed much of the off season in fs (or the tail end of last season) due to a personal mental health crisis. But i just woke up as if from a fever dream with the knowledge that ACI 2019 must've just taken place and i had a sneaking suspicion Yuzuru had competed (lo' and behold he had haha, my yuzu instincts are truly on point) and though i plan on backtracking this and other threads a bit to get a better understanding of what i've missed i just have a few quick questions: 

Yuzu is competing this season right? Which grand prix events was he assigned to? 

How has it been on the injury front? Is he and his ankle okay? 

How is the jumping looking, what has he been doing and what has he not been doing? Anything out of the ordinary or just the same old? 

Anything else major or important that i should know...? 

I also wanted to say that it feels really nice to be able to come here and know that a Yuzu loving community as warm and friendly as this one exists and is waiting when one gets one's shit together haha. I really appreciate it c: 

Okay so i'm off to backtracking now i guess  :tumblr_inline_mn41rcGFcT1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Reveal hidden contents

And this is probably a question for Japanese fans here. I know, that the flag is much respected. Would this be okay, or is it inappropriate 

I think it is best not to mix national flags. Some Chinese elders would voice upset if their younger counterparts started waving Japanese flags. I am Chinese and out of respect for their past experiences... I will never wave a Japanese flag,, nor a hybrid.  This is also why many Chinese people around the world are perturbed when young Hong kongers wave the US and Union Jack as their flags' but that is another can of worms