General Yuzuru Chat

It appears to me that much of the disappointment with Yuzu's repeating Otonal is because he has 'perfected' it.  It seems to me that he's retaining it because it's comfortable for him.  Remember, when he did Chopin in the 2017/18 season it was the third time he used that program and with that program he already had set two world records (2015  NHK and then GPF two weeks later).  I think he's using it to help pad his scores.  Incidentally unlike so many here I like Otonal better than Origin, although I don't actually dislike Origin.  Also, even though we know he's bringing the two programs back he might have made some changes, perhaps critical changes, in them.  So we'll have to wait and see.  Just remember, tomorrow is showtime.

6 hours ago, Vadrouille said:

In my opinion no, last season he was 23 years old, so it can not be his 10th season as a senior, it would be that he skated senior since he was 13 years old?

He won junior world championships in 2010, so he may start skating in senior since 2011. He won a silver medal in Four Continents in 2011, just before the big earthquake in March 2011.

Your math doesn't agree because we start counting from the 1st season, not 0th season whereas we count years from 0. And last season was his 9th, not 10th, so that's where you're missing 2 years. 

He started the 2010/2011 season at the age of 15. So 15 yo (1st season),  16 (2nd),  17 (3rd),  18 (4th),  19 (5th),  20 (6th),  21 (7th),  22 (8th),  23 (9th),  24 (10th).

It's crazy that when Yuzuru won his triple crown of GPF/Olys/Worlds, so many of the male skaters born around the same time who are active now (or are recently retired) were either still competing in the JGP like Kolyada, Tanaka, & Kvitelashvili, or were having their senior debut that year, like Brown & Kovtun. Even Javi didn't start on the senior GP until the 2009-2010 season, one year before Yuzu. Yuzu was really very, very young, particularly for men's.

17 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I totally expected Yuzu to recycle his programs from last season. He only got to perform them on a big stage too few times and there's great potential in both Otonal and Origin. I'm confident that he'll turn them into absolute masterpieces this season. I have a feeling that he'll rewrite skating history yet again.

Besides, I think Yuzu recycling his programs is also a good sign that he intends to continue competing. I don't think he'd use two tribute programs for the last season of his career. 

I'm just happy that I get to see Yuzu create art and magic and the ice for one more season. It's such a privilege to watch him, cheer him on, support him and accompany him on his journey as a fan. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I agree with your point here, it's not a surprise that Yuzu is keeping both his programs this season because he tends to stick to something and perfect it. I was looking forward to him getting new programs, but keeping both programs can still be exciting!! Also, does anyone know if he'll be using new costumes or using the same ones as last season?

If he plans to continue competing, it'll be such a treat to all of us and to skating in general! :yes2:

Remember the time when Yuzu initially planned to retire after Pyeongchang? Back then I really thought he would retire in 2018, so I wanted to see him skate live in competition before that actually happened. Now that's not really a concern, since he seems to be continuing! There'll be plenty more chances to see him skate live!

1 hour ago, Esopian said:

I agree with your point here, it's not a surprise that Yuzu is keeping both his programs this season because he tends to stick to something and perfect it. I was looking forward to him getting new programs, but keeping both programs can still be exciting!! Also, does anyone know if he'll be using new costumes or using the same ones as last season?

If he plans to continue competing, it'll be such a treat to all of us and to skating in general! :yes2:

Remember the time when Yuzu initially planned to retire after Pyeongchang? Back then I really thought he would retire in 2018, so I wanted to see him skate live in competition before that actually happened. Now that's not really a concern, since he seems to be continuing! There'll be plenty more chances to see him skate live!

It will be new costumes, Ghislain hinted at it yesterday and Brian confirmed it in an article. :)

I think after everyone knows what he tried during training: 4Lz, 4F, 4F3A,  4A, 5T, 5S, 4T1Eu3F, recycling programs makes much more sense. We know his focus now so I'm only excited to see what kind of layout he'll put down.

I have a gut feeling he has many plan Bs (at least for the FS) this season. Cuz from ACI op, he def could shuffle many things here and there (possible 4Lz?, 4Teu3F or 4Teu3S?, 3A2T or 3A3T?). And only 1 3A in the FS? Huhm, his 3A condition was EXCELLENT in 3A2T combo (it's at the end of FS too!), I think he can add 1 more if needed. I'm sure he can adjust his FS well according to his condition or SP result and really looking forward to it.

I’ve got no feelings for or against recycling programs. What I’m sure of is that whatever Yuzu skates clean, fully and all out with no injury, will be mind-blowing and probably record breaking. And I’m waiting (as he is) for him to bring it.

Do we discuss layouts here or in the ACI thread? What will he conjure?

Option 1: 4Loop, 4S, 3Lz, 4T, 4TEu3F, 3A, 3A3T (or 2T)

Option 2: 4Loop, 4Lz, 3Loop, 4T (or 4S), 4TEu3F, 3A, 3A3T

I’m assuming the combo is 4T 3F rather than 3S based off higher BV and what he was practising. 

1 hour ago, Salior said:

Tbh for the next Yuzu competition, we should show our own country's flags too just so those announcers can stop talking about everyone being "Japanese" fans. Seems like they'll never get it unless we show on TV that Asians are not all Japanese. 

That’s a good idea. Though i think they still won’t get it if we don’t have signs with Yuzu’s name next to them. Hopefully they’ll get it by the pooh in our laps but never know.