General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

But it might take him a bit to get it up to his standards. No one knows how long Yuzu's career will last - he may or may not have 4F ready by that time. 

And guys, remember that Yuzu does occasionally listen to his coaches. Not always, but sometimes.

Again, that was only Brian's opinion. I prefer to wait and see what Zu thinks about it. After all it's him who makes last decision.:shrug:

50 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Wait, so all those conversations here were in good faith and you guys really thought he'd burst out the 4F and the 4A? Was I really the only one who was looking at things realistically and expected the 4Lz at best?  

So, wait, when Yuzu said he'd go for the 4A last season - of course it was derailed by injury but still - what did you think he was actually saying? I think he was making a clear statement of intent and he'll do it pretty much as soon as he has a halfway decent success rate on it.

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

So, wait, when Yuzu said he'd go for the 4A last season - of course it was derailed by injury but still - what did you think he was actually saying? I think he was making a clear statement of intent and he'll do it pretty much as soon as he has a halfway decent success rate on it.

I thought he was speaking in the heat of the moment and that adding a 4Lz, 4F and 4A is more difficult than making a statement of intent and that contrary to popular belief, Yuzu is not superman. I totally believe he wanted to but I totally didn't believe he'd be able to. So, I actually didn't think everybody here was seriously expecting all of that. I'll be overjoyed - and super-surprised - if we'll see the 4A this season at all, but I'm not expecting the 4F at all.

10 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

Hi everyone! New fan here. I thought I'd just be lurking forever but the excitement of this upcoming season is too much for me to just keep quiet. I've been catching up on technicalities of skating in the past few weeks while also obsessing over Yuzu. 

Hello and welcome! You've picked a good time to join us with ACI coming up later this week.

12 minutes ago, mokjakarma said:

Hi everyone! New fan here. I thought I'd just be lurking forever but the excitement of this upcoming season is too much for me to just keep quiet. I've been catching up on technicalities of skating in the past few weeks while also obsessing over Yuzu. 

Welcome, and that's an excellent way to spend your time - I approve! :snpeace:

7 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I thought he was speaking in the heat of the moment and that adding a 4Lz, 4F and 4A is more difficult than making a statement of intent and that contrary to popular belief, Yuzu is not superman. I totally believe he wanted to but I totally didn't believe he'd be able to. So, I actually didn't think everybody here was seriously expecting all of that. I'll be overjoyed - and super-surprised - if we'll see the 4A this season at all, but I'm not expecting the 4F at all.

So do you expect to see a 4A from him at all? His statements about the 4A have not been heated at all, they've been measured and realistic.

I don't expect him to do six quads in one programme, or even at one competition. But he made his intentions pretty clear and I expect he will attempt to land all of the quads, why would you consider that a superhuman feat? All of them except the 4A have already been landed. He's landed the 4Lz already. 

I think most people are waiting to see in terms of what he'll do. If he really wants to do the 4F - he did (allegedly) go for it at FaOI and I don't think anybody just goes for a new quad like that unless they've done adequate training in harness and under ideal conditions, so I believe he has trained the 4F - then he'll probably do it. 

I also don't think Yuzu said anything to the press without considering his words carefully. I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion about him saying such specific things in the heat of the moment, considering how he's handled media, press conferences and interviews for the last ten years through moments at least as frustrating as last Worlds was. 

22 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I don't think Yuzu really speaks in the heat of the moment. I'm sure he meant it and I'm sure he's been working towards it (my theory of him training all Summer seems to support that). He also wouldn't be trying 4F at FaOI just for kicks, because that's not him. Which is not to say that I expect him to do them all this season. It's because he said he wants all the quads that I'm pretty sure he won't retire at the end of this season and will stick around for at least one more. (I also think he will likely achieve this, through sheer will, push his body until he manages to, regardless of the consequences. But I'm not sure whether I really want this or not.)

That said, I'm also quite convinced 4A is a lot closer to being done than most people believe. And we know he was doing 4F before Olys as well. But I think 4A was always the priority, so I actually expect it to appear before 4F is fine-tuned.

However, precisely because he doesn't have a whole lot of time left and because getting one quad stable is hard, getting three new quads stable is crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if he brought them all and tried to give them mileage, even if they don't always all work out.

That being said, I also don't expect 6 different quads in the free. I expect at least one to be only in the short. I'm guessing 4T might be the only one to make it both to the short and free, though maybe not even that... maybe he'll do 4Lo 4S-3T in the short and 4A, 4Lz, 4F, 4T-3A in the free (eventually).

For ACI, I expect 4Lz, to be honest. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't do that one either. I don't really expect him to come out all guns blazing, but it entirely depends on his goals and his plan to achieving those goals, so IMO, anything is possible.

At first a part of me thought the 4Lz, 4F, 4A talk could've been a spur of moment, but considering the speed of which he's been practicing them this summer, I think it's serious haha. He'll at least try his best making it happen. It's not just there in a season -- it's definitely a long term goal but not in the realm of the impossible.

And why should the 4F be impossible? I did see the alleged attempt right in front of my eyes in Toyama.   :embSwan:  if it now is what it was. I just assumed 4Lz since that what's he did before, and I saw it from the side so I couldn't really see the edge either. Really wish I could extract it from my brain and see it again now knowing what to look for, haha. It looked like his almost there lutz attempts, leaning a bit forward in the air. I think he could do it ^^

@mokjakarma welcome! I hope you have fun ^^ this is an exciting time to join.

It's making me laugh thinking of Yuzu opening his program with 3A 3Lz just imagining everyones reaction :xD:

If he can reach 4A level like he reach 3A, he does not need the 4F or 4Lz. But I thought, it is his priority jump since he said that Axel is his favorite jump, and it has the highest score overall. If I am not mistaken, he has been practicing 4A since 2017? But it seemed at that time he could not reach the 4.5 rotation. Cmiiw, but the conversation at that time, that the coaching team and him decided to pause the 4A training to polish on what he already have: 4Lz, so they can prepare the best olympic perf. Then he got into that training accident. 

One thing we can say for sure, is that Yuzu doesn't bring jumps to competition before they're reliable and ready. And getting them to that state takes a minute. My best estimate is that we'll see one of the three (my money's on Lady Lutz) this season, one next season, and if he goes to 2022, one that season as well.