General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, Yuzu Strawberry Lemon said:

Thank you so much!😄 That helps alot!

So Yuzuru (mens) isn't until friday then!

Is the practice sessions the grey blocks? (Mens on thursday at 13:10)?

Also is the schedule in Canada time??

Yes, it is. :) All the practice sessions are in dark grey and the men's sessions have SM in them so Thursday 13.25 is the first practice session for men.

7 минут назад, Yuzu Strawberry Lemon сказал:

Is the practice sessions the grey blocks? (Mens on thursday at 13:10)?

Yes, they are

7 минут назад, Yuzu Strawberry Lemon сказал:

Also is the schedule in Canada time??

At least otherwise is not stated.

4 hours ago, Echuka said:

Who are these guys celebrating Sochi OGM with Yuzu?

https://twitter.com/octdec777/status/1170693741549510656

One of the guys is from Ajinomoto Victory project team (the guy* sitting next to Yuzu). He must be a nutritionist or something. Others are probably much the same - part of the team that supported Jpn athletes during the olympics. 

Ajinomoto Victory project: https://www.ajinomoto.co.jp/sports/vp/201802figureskating/

1 час назад, BWOZWaltz сказал:

One of the guys is from Ajinomoto Victory project team (the guy* sitting next to Yuzu). He must be a nutritionist or something. Othesr are probably much the same - part of the team that supported Jpn athletes during the olympics. 

Thank you! And the lady is from Ajinomoto too? She seems familiar to me.

5 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

But basically 

wtf where 4lz

where 4f

where 4A

We've been preparing for mass panic attacks and I just got back from getting whiskey and, huh?

Wait, so all those conversations here were in good faith and you guys really thought he'd burst out the 4F and the 4A? Was I really the only one who was looking at things realistically and expected the 4Lz at best?  

1 hour ago, Echuka said:

Thank you! And the lady is from Ajinomoto too? She seems familiar to me.

The lady is Ms. Noriko Shirota, the director of ANA's skating club. The guy sitting between Ms. Shirota and Mr. Kurihara of Ajinomoto is Kikuo Makabe, producer of Fantasy on Ice. He often goes to competitions to look for new casts and to invite them to his shows.

5 hours ago, Indiiea said:

Maybe ACI will be "chill", and it will go wild later... :hihi:

Or he just didn't show his true hand in that practice session...

(As long as he doesn't hurr himself I don't mind waiting for the jumps.)

ACI is so early in the season this year though...and Yuzu's next competition is SCI at the end of October. Basically he has nearly two months between "first pancake" and having to actually be in tiptop shape for serious competition. I'm not surprised if he currently has training days where he's not doing all the jumps in his repertoire. 

23 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Wait, so all those conversations here were in good faith and you guys really thought he'd burst out the 4F and the 4A? Was I really the only one who was looking at things realistically and expected the 4Lz at best?  

I don't know if we'll ever see 4F in competition, to be honest. Hasn't Brian said it's not a strong jump for Yuzu? I'm expecting 4A when he's good and ready to show us, and not before. And it seems clear that Lady Lutz will be making her return this year. 

But, since it's Zu, anything can happen. The word 'realistically' has an entirely different meaning when it comes to him. 

5 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

This one.

Click for thread

But basically 

wtf where 4lz

where 4f

where 4A

We've been preparing for mass panic attacks and I just got back from getting whiskey and, huh?

Mhm, and last year they said Zu is quadless while he was already training 4t and 4s during FaoI:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't know if we'll ever see 4F in competition, to be honest. Hasn't Brian said it's not a strong jump for Yuzu? I'm expecting 4A when he's good and ready to show us, and not before. And it seems clear that Lady Lutz will be making her return this year. 

But, since it's Zu, anything can happen. The word 'realistically' has an entirely different meaning when it comes to him. 

Since when Brian knows what sits in Zu's head?:D

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

If Yuzu said he’ll do 4F in competition, he’ll do it. I don’t think poor Brian has much say in the matter. 

But it might take him a bit to get it up to his standards. No one knows how long Yuzu's career will last - he may or may not have 4F ready by that time. 

And guys, remember that Yuzu does occasionally listen to his coaches. Not always, but sometimes.