General Yuzuru Chat

Honestly, if anyone leaked 4Lz, 4F or 4A info from TCC, it's unlikely they'd ever set foot in there again. It could also be Yuzu was taking it more easily that day and trying an alternate layout. I wouldn't be surprised if he never tried 4A in front of strangers/guests...

9 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Honestly, if anyone leaked 4Lz, 4F or 4A info from TCC, it's unlikely they'd ever set foot in there again. It could also be Yuzu was taking it more easily that day and trying an alternate layout. I wouldn't be surprised if he never tried 4A in front of strangers/guests...

Wasn't there a Shae interview with that nice lady who does a lot of interviews - damn why am I forgetting all the names today - that sounded like they'd both seen at least one 4A attempt?

ETA: PJ Kwong! Ha! Names 0, WinForPooh 1.

12 minutes ago, Indiiea said:

Maybe ACI will be "chill", and it will go wild later... :hihi:

Or he just didn't show his true hand in that practice session...

(As long as he doesn't hurr himself I don't mind waiting for the jumps.)

If we get another Chill ACI I'll lose what's left of my mind because I'll get more whiplash.

He was in great condition but not jumping 4lz and did both runthroughs has me scratching my head a bit but then he is full of surprises.

Well, I AM happy that TSL people aren't the one to see it first. It will be totally annoying if they happen to see him training to it. I mean, we fans are annoyed with them and it will be heartbroken to have those people see the 4A before fans do! 

On the other hand, I am glad we've got good report on his cond. I re-watched his World 2019 performance and it is really noticeable that he's got weaker constitution there compare to prior performances. 

Edit. Sorry, apparently it is Doug Haw's report. Well, if you think about Yuzuru's training schedule and body condition, it will be more reasonable for him to alternate training goals. 

4 minutes ago, andchipzz said:

Well, I AM happy that TSL people aren't the one to see it first. It will be totally annoying if they happen to see him training to it. I mean, we fans are annoyed with them and it will be heartbroken to have those people see the 4A before fans do! 

On the other hand, I am glad we've got good report on his cond. I re-watched his World 2019 performance and it is really noticeable that he's got weaker constitution there compare to prior performances. 

As far as I know, the guest on TSL who said that, Doug, isn't actually part of TSL, he's just friends with Brian or something like that so he has information sometimes.

I kinda think Brian uses the dude to leak exactly the information he wants out there, so maybe it is that. And Yuzu did do everything to keep the 4Lz under wraps until he turned up for practice Olys season. But then he was also wilding at FaOI so I'm still confused.

I guess we'll find out soon enough now...

Not ready, so not ready.

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

Wasn't there a Shae interview with that nice lady who does a lot of interviews - damn why am I forgetting all the names today - that sounded like they'd both seen at least one 4A attempt?

Miki has said she saw one ages ago, too. But they're not really strangers, IMO. OK, this guy is apparently a friend of Brian's, but I'd be surprised if Yuzu and his team were not aware he always blabs to TSL about TCC stuff... It's just too at odds with both Yuzu of post-Worlds and Yuzu of FaOI to take seriously. I wouldn't be too surprised if he goes to ACI with the old layout, but not practicing 4Lz at least at all, just tells me he didn't practice it when that guy was there, for whatever reason. Which means he might also be practicing other things normally, that he just didn't practice then.

Rather than a friend, more like an acquaintance that Brian might like to keep up good vibe with. lol. It is not like one can just reject guests, so, the people within must act smartly/accordingly if they want to keep secret. Moreover, if one feels uncomfortable with someone, they will tend to act more restrain even in training. 

Personally, from the discussions that seem to happen behind the scene among trustworthy (I mean, those who are not in the media to just share gossips) coaches and experts and athletes, I tend to believe 4A has been landed, but inconsistently, that for some perfectionists, it is not deserved to be shown to the public as per this moment. 

By the way, 4A is more a quint jump, it is not too far-fetch to think, that maybe... training quintuple jump is actually a way to help perfecting 4A. lol.

Training 4Lz during ice shows, more likely because he feels that there are people whom he can ask for opinions and points of improvement. 

What I can believe is that Yuzu looks very fit and very trained. My current theory is that he never really stopped training this Summer. We know he was back on the ice at TCC doing quads the weekend after Worlds. We can safely assume he was training the whole time he was in Toronto then. He possibly took a break to go to Japan for the monument unveiling, but then he went back to Toronto, probably for more training. Throughout FaOI, we know he was training jumps that he didn't jump in the shows.  After FaOI, someone said Ice Rink Sendai was closed the whole week, and that's more than he'd need to practice for 24HTV (and I can now confess that the Tuesday after FaOI Toyama I went to Sendai and to the Ice Rink to get a music box for my friend and it was closed and the entrance completely hidden out of view with white sheets, so my instant conclusion was that Yuzu must have been there, so I turned around and left). So even while he was still in Sendai, I believe he continued training. So, aside from maybe a few days in Japan and those days when he said he sprained his ankle before FaOI, I think he's been training constantly all Summer. If so, it actually makes sense not to go all out every day, and on some days training easier layouts.

As for 4A, I too believe he has landed it already. He wouldn't talk about doing it in a season if he has never landed it. That goes for last year as well. I personally think he might have landed it already before the Olympic season. But it's likely very inconsistent and he only lands one in many and possibly UR or whatever, so it's most likely not up to the level Yuzu wants it to be. BUT, I personally think he should probably start doing it in competition as soon as he's confident he can try it without risking injury too much, because he needs all the mileage he can get on it. It's not going to be perfect out of the box, I think.