General Yuzuru Chat

40 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

If my memory does not fail me, I recall that at the last ACI Yuzuru even did skip one practice and did it at the TCC rink,  so maybe home is a better solution for such small distance from the competition venue. But anyway what suits him better!

I don't remember this. he did end one practice early after he fell on a jump. it caused considerable consternation 

42 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

If my memory does not fail me, I recall that at the last ACI Yuzuru even did skip one practice and did it at the TCC rink,  so maybe home is a better solution for such small distance from the competition venue. But anyway what suits him better!

No, he didn't skip any practices at last year's ACI. I think it's actually better to take advantage of all available practice time at a competition, because it helps them get to know the ice condition really well and get used to it. It'd only be to hide his condition, I think, if he did any practicing at TCC. Which I'm not sure is necessary at ACI, since he doesn't have that great competition.

34 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

No, he didn't skip any practices at last year's ACI. I think it's actually better to take advantage of all available practice time at a competition, because it helps them get to know the ice condition really well and get used to it. It'd only be to hide his condition, I think, if he did any practicing at TCC. Which I'm not sure is necessary at ACI, since he doesn't have that great competition.

So yeah, maybe my memory does fail me...

5 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

So yeah, maybe my memory does fail me...

I think you may be mixing up ACI with 2016 Skate Canada which was in Mississauga, which is also close to Toronto. I think Yuzu showed up for the draw but didn’t actually take part in the open practice that day and I think it was assumed (or maybe it was officially said) that it was so he could practice at the Cricket Club instead. 

3 minutes ago, kiches said:

I think you may be mixing up ACI with 2016 Skate Canada which was in Mississauga, which is also close to Toronto. I think Yuzu showed up for the draw but didn’t actually take part in the open practice that day and I think it was assumed (or maybe it was officially said) that it was so he could practice at the Cricket Club instead. 

Yes, you are right, I just checked and was sttuned how fast time flies...

2 hours ago, shanshani said:

I don't remember this. he did end one practice early after he fell on a jump. it caused considerable consternation 

I had the chance to chat with Ghislain Briand on three occasions at last year's ACI, and on one of those, which was shortly after Yuzu had the fall in practice, I asked him whether there was any cause for concern since he left the practice early. Ghislain replied that Yuzu was fine and that he had left early because he had done everything he needed to do. Then he said something to the effect of "Yuzu has to fall occasionally otherwise I wouldn't have a job." I then said "Are you sure you don't do anything to make him fall from time to time?" Ghislain replied with a mischievous grin, "Not that I would admit to." A very nice, humorous and friendly guy.

48 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

You pay $3,700 for a Yuzu pic with his autograph and get a very beautiful watch for free. That's a great deal! No wonder it sold out within an hour! :10814716: :pouty:

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me... and obviously to a lot of other folk :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

10 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I had the chance to chat with Ghislain Briand on three occasions at last year's ACI, and on one of those, which was shortly after Yuzu had the fall in practice, I asked him whether there was any cause for concern since he left the practice early. Ghislain replied that Yuzu was fine and that he had left early because he had done everything he needed to do. Then he said something to the effect of "Yuzu has to fall occasionally otherwise I wouldn't have a job." I then said "Are you sure you don't do anything to make him fall from time to time?" Ghislain replied with a mischievous grin, "Not that I would admit to." A very nice, humorous and friendly guy.

I love the genuine care Ghislain always shows (not just to Yuzu) and I get the felling he gives really good hugs.

53 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

You pay $3,700 for a Yuzu pic with his autograph and get a very beautiful watch for free. That's a great deal! No wonder it sold out within an hour! :10814716: :pouty:

To be honest if I could part with that much money in a split second, I want Worlds front row seats to watch Yuzu skate more. On the other hand, whoever can buy such a watch on a whim probably already owns front row seats tickets.