General Yuzuru Chat

If he's recycling a SP, I hope it's the Prince one. It was so flipping good and fun and challenging and he just never quite managed to get it perfect. He's ready for it now. 

As for Origin, I think maybe he just takes a little while to perfect a program (to his standards) and feel done with it. A season isn't that long and I guess if he sees room for improvement in something, he goes after it. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person to leave something unfinished or with more potential. He didn't get Origin to its very best because of that injury. I like that he recycles his programs. I think he polishes them up to a standard beyond what can be achieved in a single season and the results are always outstanding. I know he succeeds because of his talent and his dedication and effort (and those knees!), but I think he also benefits from spending longer on his programs to truly maximise their potential points. More skaters should follow his example. I'm surprised they don't, since he's the legend of the sport. 

7 hours ago, Fay said:

Teo Torriatte has been my favourite Queen song all along. Wish someone would skate to it.  

Yuzu can definitely skate a 3.11-recovery-themed EX to that, Teo Toriatte was included in a charity compilation album back in 2011/2012, let's just hope he and his team is aware of it :smiley-angelic001:

About LGC, I like the idea that he reuse that SP, but considering the tendency of Yuzu to skate programs with two opposing *projection* (one that reaches *inward* (eg. Ballade, Otoñal for SPs, Hope and Legacy for FS) and one that reaches *outward* (eg. Seimei, Origin for FS, LGC for SP), I don't think the combination of LGC and Origin is likely to happen (the outward projection for both programs might weigh quite significantly to his mental, and overall, state during competitions). I'd be glad to be proven wrong though, it's just that at this moment I don't think it's that likely.

....also if he did recycle LGC I do hope that The Paisley Park (the manager of Prince's estate) does allow him to perform with LGC :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

1 hour ago, memae said:

If he's recycling a SP, I hope it's the Prince one. It was so flipping good and fun and challenging and he just never quite managed to get it perfect. He's ready for it now. 

As for Origin, I think maybe he just takes a little while to perfect a program (to his standards) and feel done with it. A season isn't that long and I guess if he sees room for improvement in something, he goes after it. He doesn't strike me as the kind of person to leave something unfinished or with more potential. He didn't get Origin to its very best because of that injury. I like that he recycles his programs. I think he polishes them up to a standard beyond what can be achieved in a single season and the results are always outstanding. I know he succeeds because of his talent and his dedication and effort (and those knees!), but I think he also benefits from spending longer on his programs to truly maximise their potential points. More skaters should follow his example. I'm surprised they don't, since he's the legend of the sport. 

Tbh only people with crazy determination would do it like him. Most will get fed up with practicing the same thing over and over especially if they don't feel good enough about it, and it usually destroys the performance in the long run. Best that can be done is revisiting old pieces and interpet it with new feelings, outlooks, techniques. 

However, since Yuzu has a very unique way of doing his things, he can do it. Unless one has the kind of determination he has, they won't be able to keep doing the same program each season. It tends to ruin the music too.

23 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Yuzu can definitely skate a 3.11-recovery-themed EX to that, Teo Toriatte was included in a charity compilation album back in 2011/2012, let's just hope he and his team is aware of it :smiley-angelic001:

About LGC, I like the idea that he reuse that SP, but considering the tendency of Yuzu to skate programs with two opposing *projection* (one that reaches *inward* (eg. Ballade, Otoñal for SPs, Hope and Legacy for FS) and one that reaches *outward* (eg. Seimei, Origin for FS, LGC for SP), I don't think the combination of LGC and Origin is likely to happen (the outward projection for both programs might weigh quite significantly to his mental, and overall, state during competitions). I'd be glad to be proven wrong though, it's just that at this moment I don't think it's that likely.

....also if he did recycle LGC I do hope that The Paisley Park (the manager of Prince's estate) does allow him to perform with LGC :smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001::smiley-angelic001:

I agree that recycling both LGC and Origin would break with the inward/outward pattern of the past seasons.

I really love LGC, it's one of my all-time favorite programs and I would give my salary to see a clean version of it. On the other hand the copyright issues would probably lead to more deletion waves on YT and other platforms and how sad this would be:

Yuzuru Hanyu skates the greatest performance of all time... and it's blocked.  :headdesk2:

EDIT: Thank you for the information about Teo Torriatte! Didn't know about the charity album 11/12 yet. That would 100% fit the tribute series of his past EX programs and since it's Queen, I don't think that Japanese lyrics should be a problem. I would really appreciate this song as a new EX.

@andchipzz and it isn't like Yuzu will do an identical program when he recycles a program — this applies for both SP and FS. All of his Ballade are constructed differently, so is Seimei. LGC 2.0 (that is, if he does recycle it) wouldn't look the exact same with the one from the 16/17 season. (Speaking of Yuzu, of course he has a way to make it interesting :coolio:)

7 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

It's a different watch, so I think they're new.... and slightly photoshopped again, maybe? (the tiny zit on his forehead isn't really visible anymore :ohmygod:)

Yup, and I think they also blurred out some hairs from under the end of his right eyebrow, and the white spots above his left eye

why :english2::headdesk2:

Thank god for yesterday's un-photoshopped pics, otherwise we would have been led to think he's perfe--  oh wait we already do :peekapooh:

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

@andchipzz and it isn't like Yuzu will do an identical program when he recycles a program — this applies for both SP and FS. All of his Ballade are constructed differently, so is Seimei. LGC 2.0 (that is, if he does recycle it) wouldn't look the exact same with the one from the 16/17 season. (Speaking of Yuzu, of course he has a way to make it interesting :coolio:)

And we'd get a new take on PPOS.....

6 hours ago, Henni147 said:

I thought a bit about Yuzu's costume choices for the next season. If he decided to recycle Origin (which seems very likely), I really wonder how you can improve the version from last season... for me it's just perfect as it is :laughing:

If his SP is Otonal again, I would like to see a costume that reminds me more of autumn than winter this time. I could imagine a top inspired by golden Japanese gingko and colorful Canadian maple leaves. The structure of this gingko tree here looks a bit like the crystals on the backside of the current costume, aye?

Reveal hidden contents

bunter-gelber-ginko-baum-herbst-in-japan   de.freepik.com

dd097b17a4e142e5884cf634a6f7a8fe.jpg   homeguides.sfgate.com

I would love to see an improved version of Otonal costume. Very much. :loveeyes:

However, I think the theme should stay the same. I don't know, if it was originally composed as the icy northern autumn music (I have a feeling I've read somewhere, that Di Blasio composed it as Russian autumn, but I don't know, if I remember it correctly...), but the music sure does have this feel. I am hearing the ice specks and all in the music. So no yellow leaves for me. :2023:

Anyway, if Yuzu brings it back, I will be thrilled to see it live in Torino! Please, all the ankles, hold out until then!  :grouphug:

15 hours ago, Sabrina said:

more photos from Citizen ! I don’t know if these photos have been shared yet but I haven’t seen them before, 

looks like he's trying to be serious, but is about to burst into giggles at the same time. What a magnificent man he's becoming.