General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:
  Hide contents

Oh, I missed the verbatim part. If a program has bad choreo - see Carmen and POTO, actually - IMO, there's nothing much any skater can do, unless, of course, they start changing the choreo. That's why I don't blame Alina for those programs, I blame her team. I think Yuzu would start changing the choreo, but if that's not the topic, then I agree. Personally I was thinking, especially in the case of Carmen Fantasy, just of re-using the music, though (because I love the music so much and I so hate what they did with it). But, I think Yuzu would rather choreo the whole thing himself, rather than skate it as it is... Well, as long as he could polite about it.

I'm not sure it'd be that impossible. He is dramatic, and even if in his case it's more genuine and authentic, I think his drama could fit Carmen... But I'm not sure he'd ever go there. He might be more interested in exploring music other skaters haven't tried yet... (Or he could do POTO again, he sure has been miming masks all Summer...)

And is this the first day in quite a while when we had nothing new Yuzu?? Is he going to let us dry out before flooding us at ACI? (I just got a mail from Booking reminding me I check into my hotel in 14 days and my reaction was along the lines of this: :knc_yuzu1: Only 14 days?! )

LOL at your miming masks:happy0007:

and for the love of the skating gods 14 days???I'm not ready:omg:

Hi, guys. I'm back from war, kidding haha, I just need some encouragement from you guys. I am third year university student from a developing country. I am a daughter of a single mom. Yuzuru or figure skating seems  out of my reach for now. But everyday, I dream that one day i will have a chance to see Yuzuru with my own eyes. I don't care if he's old, i need to see my life's inspiration at least once. I study electrical engineering, a field that considered as high salary job in my country so everyone tell me that my dream will come true one day but it's so hard during the process. I love what i study but it doesn't mean that everything will go smoothly. Everytime I feel discourage, I will think about Yuzu and his determination to overcome any obstacle. (May be this is why I have a mental breakdow before, stress from study plus fs) I just need some encouragement and may be tips from you guys. He's really someone I always look up to when I'm feeling stress from everything. Life as a daugther of single mom is not easy at all with all the living cost and bad economic. I hope that one day I will have a chance to meet him and thank him for being my light through my hard time.

RE: anyone going to Yuzu's competitions this month...

Would you guys be interested in holding up small square banners with your country flags when the camera pans across the audience? I was thinking something like

WE ♥ <-- heart has a flag cutout

YUZU

To remind the commentators and those watching that the audience is NOT just from Japan. And when the camera pans on us it would look like a sea (or a sprinkling) of such flags all in support of Yuzu?

If you're interested, please quote me your country, and I can either send you the file, or just bulk make these banners and bring them to distribute. Thanks!!

:loveshower:

1 hour ago, anyanee said:

Hi, guys. I'm back from war, kidding haha, I just need some encouragement from you guys. I am third year university student from a developing country. I am a daughter of a single mom. Yuzuru or figure skating seems  out of my reach for now. But everyday, I dream that one day i will have a chance to see Yuzuru with my own eyes. I don't care if he's old, i need to see my life's inspiration at least once. I study electrical engineering, a field that considered as high salary job in my country so everyone tell me that my dream will come true one day but it's so hard during the process. I love what i study but it doesn't mean that everything will go smoothly. Everytime I feel discourage, I will think about Yuzu and his determination to overcome any obstacle. (May be this is why I have a mental breakdow before, stress from study plus fs) I just need some encouragement and may be tips from you guys. He's really someone I always look up to when I'm feeling stress from everything. Life as a daugther of single mom is not easy at all with all the living cost and bad economic. I hope that one day I will have a chance to meet him and thank him for being my light through my hard time.

Electrical engineering is such a hard field of study! I took a few classes in it in college and quit! Lol. You should be super proud of yourself for doing it. Never give up, you will graduate! And see Yuzu! <3 Even when he eventually retires, he will skate in shows in Japan (and maybe worldwide). He definitely wants to continue to produce CWW, and he also skates in FaOI whenever he can help it. And tickets to those events are hard to get but not impossible. Plus Yuzu understands that skating tickets are expensive which is why he takes care to price CWW tickets reasonably. He is thinking about all his fans, from the young to the old, those who live far and close, and even who can't afford to see him live. Don't worry, you are in good hands <3 

19 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yuzu's message とても滑りやすい、素晴らしい氷でした it translates "The ice quality was very easy for skating/gliding and was wonderful". I just wanted to point out that 滑りやすい does not mean he's saying it was "slippery =  slipperiness" but more like easy to skate. 

1 hour ago, anyanee said:

Hi there! I dont post much but seeing a fellow “soon-to-be” engr on this forum has caught my attention. Seeing you are already in your 3rd year, you should be able to identify the pattern on how to study. On your last semester that’s when sleep is really non-existent, at least on my case. But after all is done - it’s all worth it! My only advice to you is learn how to balance your life as a student. Work hard, study hard but at the same time have fun! 

Nothing will ever prepare you once you started working. It’s a high paying job but work itself will give you stress on a different level of what you’re having now. Good luck!

hace 48 minutos , monchan said:

With his beauty, it's understandable that everyone assumes he's some idol/actor at first sight :embSwan:

This reminds me of what happened to me last year, when printing my banners for Yuzu in Peru: There were three boys (20-25?!) working at the print shop. When they saw what they had to print (Yuzu in Otonal and Origin costumes) one said completely unaware of saying it loud: "what a beautiful man!" and then the other two looked at him very interested :laughing: (I guess because it is not very common in Peru for a man to praise another man's beauty, as this adjective is usually reserved for women) and then I had the three of them looking at the file and asking if he was a model!!! Then I told them: No, he is a two time gold olympic champion and the first boy asked: a consecutive one? And I proudly answered: yes!! So while the banner was being printed, they googled Yuzu and started to watch pictures of him...LOL...when I left the shop, they were watching NHK Seimei... :knc_brian2:

Hace 1 hora, anyanee said:

:10742289: I'm sure you will get your chance to see Yuzuru live!! Look how far you already have come, third year of University!! You are giving your best and I'm sure you will achieve all your goals sooner as you think!! :67638860: :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg: 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

Electrical engineering is such a hard field of study! I took a few classes in it in college and quit! Lol. You should be super proud of yourself for doing it. Never give up, you will graduate! And see Yuzu! <3 Even when he eventually retires, he will skate in shows in Japan (and maybe worldwide). He definitely wants to continue to produce CWW, and he also skates in FaOI whenever he can help it. And tickets to those events are hard to get but not impossible. Plus Yuzu understands that skating tickets are expensive which is why he takes care to price CWW tickets reasonably. He is thinking about all his fans, from the young to the old, those who live far and close, and even who can't afford to see him live. Don't worry, you are in good hands <3 

That’s why I am happy to be Yuzu’s fan. He care for everyone even a little person like me. I will keep looking forward to the day I finally meet him. Many people say he is more handsome than in the picture or how watching him skate live is very beautiful. Maybe I might see him when he’s already and uncle or not fit like when he was young anymore but I don’t care. Seeing him live at any time would be a dream come true for me.Thank you very much.:devilYuzu:

46 minutes ago, Pearlple said:

Hi there! I dont post much but seeing a fellow “soon-to-be” engr on this forum has caught my attention. Seeing you are already in your 3rd year, you should be able to identify the pattern on how to study. On your last semester that’s when sleep is really non-existent, at least on my case. But after all is done - it’s all worth it! My only advice to you is learn how to balance your life as a student. Work hard, study hard but at the same time have fun! 

Nothing will ever prepare you once you started working. It’s a high paying job but work itself will give you stress on a different level of what you’re having now. Good luck!

My study life has gone up and down due to the living cost issue. I once got an F because of not having enough budget to pay for a dorm so I have to gone through a hellish traffic jam to go back home and not get enough rest. My health was really damaged at that time. Finally, I can stabilize everything now and I think I can handle about balancing my health and life (or at least trying haha) Thank you very much for your advice. It’s really helpful. I will try hard!!:POOH:

44 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

:10742289: I'm sure you will get your chance to see Yuzuru live!! Look how far you already have come, third year of University!! You are giving your best and I'm sure you will achieve all your goals sooner as you think!! :67638860: :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg: 

This is why I love the planet. Every times i got depress you guys help me a lot. I want to say thank you very much many times. Looking back, I know Yuzu before the day I step in the university for the first time. He always there to be my inspiration and my source of energy since the beginning. Now It’s past the half point and I will try hard to graduate not just for me but to show everyone how great Yuzu is as an inspiration. When I become a real adult and looking back, I’m sure I’ll be really pround of myself and Yuzu.

4 hours ago, anyanee said:

Hi, I thought about tips but I, personally, do not have tips for overcoming very high obstacles, but I am thinking about Yuzuru: to achieve what he did and does I am sure he has to be very aware and careful about the basics: drinking, eating, sleeping.

So, I have no tips but a lot, a lot of respect for what you are doing, and I want to send LOTS of encouragement from Germany! :clap::pbow::1497158260_5GOE:  

edit: and I hope your dream of meeting him will come true!!

I am sure he is aware of how much he means to people in their hardship. But still, seeing him live or meeting him would be the best:pbow: .

3 hours ago, anyanee said:

Maybe I might see him when he’s already an uncle or not fit like when he was young

Yuzu will be strong, fit, and beautiful when he's 50 I am sure! I saw Kurt Browning skate at Revolution on Ice in Madrid in December - he's 50, and he was fantastic!  So hopefully you have many years yet (25!!) when  you will be able to see him skate. I cannot imagine him stopping, can you?  I also think he is going to get better and better when he is free of the constraints of competition ... he is a fabulous artist who will continue to bloom for years to come IMO :tumblr_inline_mzx8t825tZ1r8msi5:

Edit: here's a couple of youtube links for Kurt at ROI last year! (in trashbag pants!! ... Yuzu, save yours for when you are 50 please!! )