General Yuzuru Chat

Mika Ninagawa who photographed famous blue roses Yuzu of the cover of anan AERA will be a guest of a talk show hosted by Sawako Agawa this Saturday.

Mika will talk a secret episode of the photo session. (for some minutes, I think. A talk show is only 30 minute program.)

You can see the trailer with the link above where Mika says "I was very nervous (at the anan AERA photo session). I could hear voices from his fans. I thought like I'll try hard to take the photos everybody wants to see!"

24 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Honestly, Yuzu is THE genius in this game. He has the ability to get even the most salty judges in a situation, when they don't have another option but to press that +points button.

I have faith!

Right? Just look at how many athletes from various other sports worship him as King! I’m sure most regular people can’t really relate to the mentality of a champion but when champions themselves can’t crack the mystery of Yuzu’s mental strength, that’s pretty phenomenal! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Even Brian said that in all his years competing and coaching he’s never seen anyone with such a strong mind. :knc_brian1: 

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Miura is one of my favorite japanese actors! His acting was soo great in The Hours of My Life. I love actors who can speak to us through the subtlety of their expressions and also whose eyes are soulful

Don’t forget the smile. :8788161:

24 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Right? Just look at how many athletes from various other sports worship him as King! I’m sure most regular people can’t really relate to the mentality of a champion but when champions themselves can’t crack the mystery of Yuzu’s mental strength, that’s pretty phenomenal! :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Even Brian said that in all his years competing and coaching he’s never seen anyone with such a strong mind. :knc_brian1: 

Oh yeah thats why he was casted in Kimi Ni Todoke. I also like Kento Yamazaki's smile. But none tops Yuzu's. (keeping it relevant haha)

Revolution on Ice?

Was there ever an ice show with Yuna and Yuzu on?

"Do you have any expectation for Javier-senshu?

H: About leaving competitive skating as a top skater, I think there are many things to say, and I also read his interviews. He is basically a very kind person, so he cares for the figure skating world, brings up many things, and only him can help popularize figure skating in Spain. I want to send my encouragement “Ganbare”, and that I’m willing to give him a hand if he needs me to someday."

45 minutes ago, Pearlple said:

Revolution on Ice?

Was there ever an ice show with Yuna and Yuzu on?

I'm thinking Flamenco on Ice might have been a bit of a helping hand from Yuzu (though that's just my speculation). I don't think he'll do ROI until after he retires, because it's in the middle of the season. Although this year the ROI dates at least don't overlap with Yuzu competitions lol But also, I don't think Javi really needs Yuzu's help in Spain. Spanish people are more likely to know Javi or know Yuzu through Javi anyway. They're more likely to care more about Javi than Yuzu, too. Yuzu's presence would only raise the profile internationally and maybe get some Japanese and foreign fans flocking there, but ROI sells pretty well and it's more of a family venture in Spain.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yuzu might help with Flamenco on Ice next year, but then again, if he appears in the show, he'll overshadow Javi by default. So maybe not... Maybe he'll give his support in other ways, but not participate, except maybe just once at some point, as special guest or so. I'd love him to, but if he does, I'm sure it'll be very carefully thought out.

Oh and Yuzu and Yuna... Sochi Olympic Gala, I think might be the only time, though that's not really an ice show. It's not 100% sure Yuna will continue appearing in ROI, though. It would be nice... Planning to go to the Madrid shows this year, so it'd be amazing to see her.

5 hours ago, saa said:

Has anyone seen a tweet about Orser ’s birthday party with Yuzu?  I'm curious about the content ...

No. Also, why would they even tweet that? Seems like it would be more of a private event. 

@KatjaThera : Javi also runs a skating camp/school in summer in Spain. I could see Yuzu helping with that for sure, as a guest teacher or something.  

5 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Honestly, Yuzu is THE genius in this game. He has the ability to get even the most salty judges in a situation, when they don't have another option but to press that +points button.

I have faith!

:hachimaki:

(Edit: And this statement seems to be appropriate for my 2000th post. Amen.)

congrats on the 2000th post:tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

I don't think Yuzuru would overshadow Javi...I mean he's Yuzuru Hanyu so of course he's the best but I have the feeling Javi is pretty confortable with it.....it seems to me they know each other well enough not to care about these things.

Of course ROI is impossible while Yuzuru still compete but maybe one day(or maybe during another Continues).

13 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

Miura is one of my favorite japanese actors! His acting was soo great in The Hours of My Life. I love actors who can speak to us through the subtlety of their expressions and also whose eyes are soulful

10 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I liked him when I saw his performance of Kinky Boots on YT :8788161:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know who he was. So I looked him up on asianwiki only to find out he 'made his debut at the age of seven on the NHK television drama "Agri.' -- also starring one Nomura Mansai, aka Seimei.  Is he one of these kids, maybe?