General Yuzuru Chat

I have no problem with an Origin repeat, but I do think it will be restructured because unlike last year, Yuzu is not starting the season under the blithe impression (the one he appeared to have for all a nanosecond at ACI ) that he is zen and not really concerned with scores.... 

Maybe Origin will be his new Ex... :ummm:

Honestly, I'm sure I'll love anything he does. I'd also feel a bit weird about the tributes continuing another year, and even more so if only one of them does. But that's mostly because he very publicly stated they're tributes. By now the programs are his own, so the programs themselves don't bother me at all. I adore Otonal and it actually makes me sad people dislike it because of the Johnny issues. And Origin will never not be mindblowing (in ways Plush never blew my mind, tbh).

Regarding layout, I think his main goal might still be that one we saw, with 4A as opening jump. I think he wants 4Lz in as well, for sure, and I'm sure he'll want 4F as well. I also doubt he'll give up 4Lo, it's his jump, he landed it first and is still one of few who jumps it. While it's true ice condition affects his ability to jump and land properly, I think he'll just see it as another challenge to master. That said, 4Lo was very moody after he first got 4Lz, so I worry, too, but even if he might take his time adding everything, waiting to stabilize the jumps one by one, I definitely expect him to do them all, eventually. He clearly wants to. (I think it also hurts his pride that people think he's falling behind, because others are doing more quads, so he wants to show he's not slacking off on the technical either...)

Anyway, all in all, he knows better. He'll blow our minds either way.

5 hours ago, monchan said:

He'll recycle Origin?

To be honest, considering Yuzu's unprecedented mastery of ninja-level trolling, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a part of his plan to divert attention from his real programs. :10814716:

Either way, I trust Yuzu and his team to know what's best for him. It wouldn't be surprising if he really keeps both of his programs, as that would make it easier for him to focus on new tech and jumps. Besides, he only had half a season last season and only skated both programs four times. I'm sure he'll come up with something spectacular to dazzle us all next season. :dancingpooh:

3 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

On the other hand he does do 3A-lo-4S in practice. :D No loss of points there. 

WHAT?!? 3A-Lo-4S??? When did he do that?!? That's an insane combination! :eeking:

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

To be honest, considering Yuzu's unprecedented mastery of ninja-level trolling, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a part of his plan to divert attention from his real programs. :10814716:

Either way, I trust Yuzu and his team to know what's best for him. It wouldn't be surprising if he really keeps both of his programs, as that would make it easier for him to focus on new tech and jumps. Besides, he only had half a season last season and only skated both programs four times. I'm sure he'll come up with something spectacular to dazzle us all next season. :dancingpooh:

WHAT?!? 3A-Lo-4S??? When did he do that?!? That's an insane combination! :eeking:

Back when he and Brezina were talking about combos they practice, he said it. :D 

1 minute ago, Yuzurella said:

This is mind-boggling! Can you even imagine what that would look like in real life? :omg:

I don't think we've ever got a glimpse of it. It was one of those moments when his competitive self leapt out, I think Michal said something about doing 3A-4T in practice and Yuzu said that. :D 

1 minute ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't think we've ever got a glimpse of it. It was one of those moments when his competitive self leapt out, I think Michal said something about doing 3A-4T in practice and Yuzu said that. :D 

Mine's bigger than yours! :rofl3: Gotta love Yuzu and his competitive self. :yes:

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

Mine's bigger than yours! :rofl3: Gotta love Yuzu and his competitive self. :yes:

I think he said something a long time ago about doing H&L run through with 4Lz as his last jump, too, so we really don't see a fraction of the stuff he actually does. :lol: Which explains why Brian is going balder faster than we are.

Yuzu did try some -4S combinations in that crazy practice session at GPF 16, I think, but didn't make any work. I think there were some -3Lo combinations, too... Also, at SC'16.

Video of 4S-4S: (not embedable)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ1RwDp26kQ

If he did 3A-Lo-4S, then he could upgrade to 4T-lo-4S by Worlds :war: (no, not really lol)

In the waiting room of the Citizens' Office I thought a little bit about a possible Origin recycling.

If Yuzu plans to repeat it, it's an understandable choice. You don't invest so much time, love and sweat in a choreography that you only skate four times in competition (twice with painkillers). I'm sure it would bother him to leave Origin like that. Considering the massive technical upgrade that he plans, it's good to have a familiar program anyway.

My concerns:

1. Origin - no matter which music cuts he picks - is an incredibly explosive and physically demanding program. I don't know, how much he has worked on his stamina and the efficiency of his movements, but Origin is a killer, especially with 4-5 quad monsters.

2. Yuzu has recycled a couple of programs in recent years and this could lead to annoying narratives again. I hope that it won't, but it's the skating community we're talking about... :slinkaway:

If Origin is the choice, I cross my toes and fingers that he can finally skate this program to his satisfaction. If not, I'm curious what it will be (unlikely, but let's wait and see).

7 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I think he said something a long time ago about doing H&L run through with 4Lz as his last jump, too, so we really don't see a fraction of the stuff he actually does. :lol: Which explains why Brian is going balder faster than we are.

Poor Brian has probably made peace with the loss of his hair a long time ago... :darklordyuzu: