General Yuzuru Chat

Oh Yuzu, please, don´t recycle.. I had a bad feeling about those programs right from their announcement last year and not only because I don´t share Yuzuru´s high opinions of Plush and Johnny, I just don´t like the idea of tributes as such. Not for Zuzu anyway :shrug: I didn´t want to express my bad feeling about this here last season but now I had to say it out loud finally.

That being said I always support the man regardless of his decisions ofc :heart: I agree that the costume for Origin is a piece of art (don´t like the one for Otonal though) and seeing those programs in Helsinki last autumn was still such a great and emotional ride for me.. but credit for that goes much more to the skater than to the routines skated I´m afraid ;)

7 minutes ago, Mithrilien said:

...not only because I don´t share Yuzuru´s high opinions of Plush and Johnny, I just don´t like the idea of tributes as such...

If there's one flaw in Yuzu, what's implied in the first part of the above quote would be it. IMO, so don't at me.

And yeah, I don't like this idea of tributes as well.

10 minutes ago, Mithrilien said:

Oh Yuzu, please, don´t recycle.. I had a bad feeling about those programs right from their announcement last year and not only because I don´t share Yuzuru´s high opinions of Plush and Johnny, I just don´t like the idea of tributes as such. Not for Zuzu anyway :shrug: I didn´t want to express my bad feeling about this here last season but now I had to say it out loud finally.

That being said I always support the man regardless of his decisions ofc :heart: I agree that the costume for Origin is a piece of art (don´t like the one for Otonal though) and seeing those programs in Helsinki last autumn was still such a great and emotional ride for me.. but credit for that goes much more to the skater than to the routines skated I´m afraid ;)

BTW, wouldn´t it be a little weird to keep only one of the tributes..? I know that Otonal was skated (almost?) perfectly in Rostelecom Cup while Origin didn´t reach its full potential yet but still.. knowing Yuzu and his empathy, wouldn´t it feel awkward towards Johnny in Yuzu´s eyes?
Maybe he goes for full recycle after all.. oh well. Please just stay healthy and be happy, Zu!  

If Yuzu is keeping one or both programs, then most likely he feels the need to. He doesn't do it because he is lazy (like some people like to suggest). I do want new programs, but as I said repeatedly in the Olympics season, I am 100% behind the skater's decision (Yuzu and others). They are the ones who are going to skate and compete and they are they only ones who know their circumstances and the best way to proceed. So, the decision is theirs alone and I will support it. 

However, lets wait until we get an official confirmation first and see what exactly he wants to do. We can decide how to feel about it when we know his full plan.

But I am keen on seeing what he's going to do. Is he going to keep the 4Lo, for instance? It's a treacherous jump especially with how much it depends on ice condition, and from how much his axis seemed to have improved, I wouldn't be too surprised if the 4Lz turned out to be more reliable. What kind of layout is he looking at, especially since skating clean is going to be very important? I have many questions, this is the first season I feel like I really have no idea what to expect! Is he gonna go 4A and then his favourite 4S and 4T and 3As? He could do that, 4A, 4S, 4T, 4S3T, 3A2T, 3Alo3S, 3F would be an excellent layout and if he lands the 4A he could easily go clean on that one. It would work with Origin, too. Four quads and two 3As would keep up with BV. Could he put both 4A and 4Lz in? He could, and backload his solo 4T and a 3A combo. But that would be super risky, two unfamiliar jumps! 4A and 4Lo? Also risky, 4A is 4A and 4Lo depends a lot on factors out of his control. What about his stamina? His ankle? 

Basically, I'm completely ????? !!!!!!! about this season. And I wouldn't be shocked but I would be a bit disappointed about repeating Origin, not because of anything to do with the programme but because of other stuff. But I also understand how Yuzu needs to have no demon unconquered. Origin turned into a little bit of that last season. 

I sure hope he retires Otonal though, that's more than I can stand to consider, unfortunately I understand English unlike Russian. 

LGC, dear Yuzu! You didn't perfect that either!

If recycling means he's healthy for the whole season, I'm all for it. I love Origin enough to forget about the tribute thing. Remember that this is the music he loved when he's a child and always wish to skate to it, its not really different from Kolyada with Carmen, Evgenia with her programs and multiple skaters out there.  Honestly, I think some people hate Johnny and Plush too much and somehow let it effect to the way they see Origrin and Otonal and IMO, its abit unfair.

Its unfortunate if he's indeed reuse Origin and we knew it by now, by this way. Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the skater who upload that IG vid. Some of the jokes on twitter make me feel abit uncomfortable and i hope they know this "mistake leak" is not funny. There's must be some reasons that Yuzuru 

so secret about his programs/layout and plans.  I don't doubt that Yuzuru and TCC might know about this vid already. Maybe its a good thing that there's no media day this year. 

Wow, I’m honestly okay with anything Yuzuru decides to do. I know he’ll wow us in his usual fashion either way! I’ll trust him.

On a side note, look what arrived from Sapporo for me today. Going to drink my hot chocolate and rewatch his programs! One in particular today for sure

:pouty:

30Xnyjf_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

51 minutes ago, monchan said:

If it turns out to be 2 NEW PROGRAMS ......., I would say Yuzu's usual troll has been upgraded to the OUT-OF-THE-UNIVERSE level :xD:

Conspiration theory: someone ELSE from TCC is skating to Origin this season... :darklordyuzu:

Edit: maybe a junior doing a tribute to Yuzu's tribute to Plush's tribute....?

I don't care, just skate to something else Yuzu. I will support you even with Origin, but I have a feeling this program is not at all healthy for you.

Maybe they didn’t do the media day because he is repeating origin so i’m not happy that it leaked like that (i’m happy we get some stuff like that but i feel guilty like i know somethink i shouldn’t. Not blaming the skater of course, he may not think that how much we look into every little peace of info)

I’m not a fan of recycling tributes since i prefer them as one time thing for a special season but I love origin, the costume is magnificent and yeah its kind of undone and he had a rough season  so its logical. I really wish to see the origin cpstume but an updated version might be even beter? Like i couldn’t imagine chopin getting any better after 2nd version but he went and did it!!

What i can’t comprehend is the gong sound and 4A. After last season and the one before that let alone 4A i cant even process 4lz eventhough i’ve seen it. Was that a dream? Really happened? I can’t imagine what he can/will do

For wholly selfish reasons I‘d prefer Yuzu repeated Otonal rather than Origin. I had to miss the opportunity to watch Otonal live and I would kill for another chance :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: I would also love to see a different costume for the program....

I mean, I get that Otonal has already been perfected and why he would move on from it. Last season I was not a big fan of Origin as a program... But I expect he‘s going to make changes and I can’t wait to see the improved version. At this point I‘ll take anything I can get, whatever Yuzu wants to do this season, I‘m more than happy.